News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sure. But Radiator Springs is really the next generation. It's sort of unfair to compare them... It's like saying that the biggest problem with Soarin is that once you go on FoP, you realize how much potential their is.

With the exception of some projection tech, there is nothing in RSR that wasn't available when Test Track was built.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You can look at it that way. Except it directly contradicts the approach taken with Epcot prior to 1995. Disney used to take risks and create things we didn't know we wanted. EPCOT Center was largely at the core of that.

They might as well change the name of the park, it's not EPCOT Center, Epcot '94 or Epcot. It's a disjointed mess with zero identity. It will celebrate it's 40th anniversary by cementing it's position as the worst Disney park in the world.

It always amazes me when I see people on a Disney World fan site that don't understand this.

aladdin2007

Yes they are.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

American Adventure is rarely full. Should they alter that too?

Im sure they would love to and can't wait to implement something cheaper without the costs of the animatronics upkeep etc, its coming sadly, at some point. Especially after the announcements yesterday I have no doubt more than ever they are looking to undo everything as we know it. It will drive chapek crazy until every single thing is IP, same goes for SE. I hate to not be positive but...oh yeah happy 90th birthday Mickey.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes, people leaving the theaters midway get on my nerves too.

They ought to be whipped out of the park, for bad taste to begin with, and for interfering with the enjoyment of those that do enjoy watching the movies, uninterrupted by rude guests.

They're not being rude, and they don't have bad taste, though. They truly ARE boring experiences to the average guests. And for those who don't understand what they're about to see until about 5 minutes in, it's still not their fault. It's the reason why Epcot doesn't work. People are coming to Disney World to see Disney. Not travelogue films.

If these truly WERE high quality attractions, then they would be filled with just as many guests as (using an attraction with almost the same capacity holding) Mickey's PhilharMagic and It's Tough to be a Bug in the middle of the afternoon.

So I get frustrated with them, but I understand their intentions as well. They're boring. The only reason I return to these attractions is for nostalgia with my childhood. But looking back, I only ever saw these attractions because my dad forced us all to see them.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes they are.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

American Adventure is rarely full. Should they alter that too?
American Adventure was pretty packed on my last couple of visits. It has to be directly in the afternoon, when people get to that middle back section of the park, I guess. About the same and only time Hall of Presidents and Bugs Life fills up as well. But yea, it was pretty packed!

It's DEFINITELY empty towards the evening and when World Showcase first opens up though. But like... Nobody is back there. It is so far away from everything else.

Canada, France, and China, though... They're practically on the ends of World Showcase. Honestly not much excuse there!

WDWTank

Yes, people leaving the theaters midway get on my nerves too.

They ought to be whipped out of the park, for bad taste to begin with, and for interfering with the enjoyment of those that do enjoy watching the movies, uninterrupted by rude guests.
The park executives are being rude.

Tony the Tigger

Horrified at the prospect of that kind of IP in Epcot.
:rolleyes:
It's mindboggling, their decisions ...
I love beauty and the best, it's one of my favorites, but now it's just starting to feel like the new toy story/frozen, shoehorned into everything. I hope VOLM and the Belle stage show aren't long for the World. I wouldn't be sad if one of those became a Rapunzel show. Or literally anything else.

So, IP is bad unless it’s your favorite?

ugh...RIP EPCOT

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

the less refined Epcot visitor

Wait, there’s a refined visitor? It’s still a theme park, not the opera.

I wonder how many seats are filled for the showings of Schindler's List at The Holocaust Museum? Maybe they should replace it with some episodes of Hogan's Heroes.

Or maybe education of history is no longer important in today's America.

Or maybe the Holocaust Museum is not a theme park.

This board, sometimes...:bored:

The Empress Lilly

They're not being rude, and they don't have bad taste, though. They truly ARE boring experiences to the average guests. And for those who don't understand what they're about to see until about 5 minutes in, it's still not their fault. It's the reason why Epcot doesn't work. People are coming to Disney World to see Disney. Not travelogue films.

If these truly WERE high quality attractions, then they would be filled with just as many guests as (using an attraction with almost the same capacity holding) Mickey's PhilharMagic and It's Tough to be a Bug in the middle of the afternoon.

So I get frustrated with them, but I understand their intentions as well. They're boring. The only reason I return to these attractions is for nostalgia with my childhood. But looking back, I only ever saw these attractions because my dad forced us all to see them.
I'm sure a lot of people find WS movies boring. Just wish they would've gone someplace else they don't find boring then, rather than demanding Disney's greatest park ever gets beers 'n toons 'n coasters 'cause this here park is a theme park.

I find cricket boring, that's why I don't descend on a game with a fellow drunk horde insisting the sport be turned into a WWR match.

nickys

Premium Member

So, IP is bad unless it’s your favorite?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Or maybe the Holocaust Museum is not a theme park.

This board, sometimes...:bored:

IPs used properly aren’t a problem for me. I just don’t think a sing-along show is the right kind of attraction for Epcot.

What I think (an attraction in) WS should do is to highlight something about the country in question. Using an IP to do that is one thing, just putting a kids show into a theatre doesn’t fit with my thoughts on WS. I fear this will eventually be the end of IDF, which is probably why I hate this latest announcement so much.

aliceismad

You would think so on these boards. Change, especially to Epcot in particular, is deemed a horrible low-brow attempt to go after the masses who are too dumb to realize Walt’s vision never would’ve included Elsa in Norway, etc. etc. 🙄 And a cash grab for all those new horrible parents who will buy anything to shut up their screaming toddlers.

I’m not saying all changes are good, but geez. Obviously the world has changed since Walt and the business model has changed.

aliceismad

The more I think about this, the more upset I get. I truly hate everyone who thinks this decision is okay, I even chewed out some friends yesterday because they were gleaming with excitement over this nonsense. It so unsettling so many "fans" are happy this is happening. How have people become this dumb and tasteless. I try so hard to be positive about the future of WDW, especially since I didn't start really becoming a parks fan until 2008 so I can't attest to the previous years, but when the lunatics in charge insist on catering to the lowest common denominator of guest its hard to be excited. At this point, if some kind of natural disaster came through and destroyed the park, I wouldn't be sad. At least it would be saved from the horrific destruction being inflicted upon it by those who supposedly "love it".
Surely someone can’t be a fan if they don’t adhere to a certain set of unwritten rules about the preciousness of a time capsule of a theme park. 🙄

yensidtlaw1969

You can look at it that way. Except it directly contradicts the approach taken with Epcot prior to 1995. Disney used to take risks and create things we didn't know we wanted. EPCOT Center was largely at the core of that.

They might as well change the name of the park, it's not EPCOT Center, Epcot '94 or Epcot. It's a disjointed mess with zero identity. It will celebrate it's 40th anniversary by cementing it's position as the worst Disney park in the world.
It's amazing to me that Disney can be doing this to a park like Epcot while they continue to do good work in preserving the core identity of Animal Kingdom.

How can it be that they see the value in that while failing to see the value of what made EPCOT Center unique in the first place?

Boggling.

LittleBuford

The more I think about this, the more upset I get. I truly hate everyone who thinks this decision is okay, I even chewed out some friends yesterday because they were gleaming with excitement over this nonsense. It so unsettling so many "fans" are happy this is happening. How have people become this dumb and tasteless. I try so hard to be positive about the future of WDW, especially since I didn't start really becoming a parks fan until 2008 so I can't attest to the previous years, but when the lunatics in charge insist on catering to the lowest common denominator of guest its hard to be excited. At this point, if some kind of natural disaster came through and destroyed the park, I wouldn't be sad. At least it would be saved from the horrific destruction being inflicted upon it by those who supposedly "love it".

Tell us what you really think.

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you’re being characteristically hyperbolic. Otherwise, you sound battier than the Mad Hatter.

christine7257

I suppose I can deal with split use between movie and sing-along. A business wants to maximize real estate/square footage... I get that. Just please don’t get rid of the movie altogether. I still love it (and would love it more if I could bring my champagne in — I would be careful and dispose of plastic flute appropriately — I know, sadly not true of all, hence the rule).

Tony the Tigger

IPs used properly aren’t a problem for me. I just don’t think a sing-along show is the right kind of attraction for Epcot.

What I think (an attraction in) WS should do is to highlight something about the country in question. Using an IP to do that is one thing, just putting a kids show into a theatre doesn’t fit with my thoughts on WS. I fear this will eventually be the end of IDF, which is probably why I hate this latest announcement so much.

So, what if the sing along includes a new song that teaches something about France? Do we know that’s not happening?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom