News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

MrMcDuck

A "sing along" at the cinema can be a heck of a good time, but it's an incredibly cheap, lazy, and out-of-place thing to add to Epcot (or any of the parks, honestly, but especially there). Thumbs down from me.

BTW, I highly recommend the sing-alongs at the Castro Theatre in San Francisco. This is not my video, but it will give you an idea of what they are like:

Last edited:

aliceismad

Seems like a BatB singalong would be an ok thing to have. It gives the masses something else to do while waiting for their GotG FP window. And when they tire of it, it can be removed from the theater at any time. Seems less obtrusive to the Epcot image than if they were to build a whole attraction for an IP.

ppete1975

The following comments are only my opinion
World showcase is dead
Future world is dead
1983 computers,the internet and travel were vastly different.
Future world was awe inspiring with all of its technology. Now its almost a historical park. Theres no way they can continue selling it as cutting edge and futuristic (well they can but they wont listen to me hence the restraining order). Anyhoo
1983 most people had barely traveled. It was too expensive. Your only view of china was the beautiful pics in National Geographic. But in world showcase it felt like you could see those landmarks and learn about the hitsory and culture of these wonderful people. Now with travel cheap and everything a click away its cute and quaint and a good background to your selfie.
We should have all seen this coming. To get most people even to come to the park there has to be a food, garden or music fest. Heck there is a ton of people that only know of it from drinking around the world.
This is what they inherited. A beautiful artistic architectural time capsule.
They are just trying to make it relevant. Even if hurts every decision they make.

the_rich

I'm not either. I've come to the sad realization we're a very small minority. But again, we all like different things, so, as I say 'each their own and all that' I guess ...

I feel like people think I have six heads when I even try and suggest Test Track and Soarin' could have been done a lot better.
I'll agree with you on test track. But soarin is great. The only thing I think that it lacks is a great queue. The one in DCA is much better.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I'll agree with you on test track. But soarin is great. The only thing I think that it lacks is a great queue. The one in DCA is much better.
Test Track is my families favorite ride in the park. It could be better but it at least attempts to do something in the spirit of the park. For the next iteration of the ride they need to figure out how to get the designs to somehow affect the ride....

the_rich

Test Track is my families favorite ride in the park. It could be better but it at least attempts to do something in the spirit of the park. For the next iteration of the ride they need to figure out how to get the designs to somehow affect the ride....
The biggest problem is that once u go on radiator springs you realize how much potential there is

aliceismad

By cranking out easy, cheap amusements based on movies nearly 30 years old?
1. BotB is a Disney classic and has also been recently and popularly remade.
2. If it’s a cheap, easy amusement that sucks up the less refined Epcot visitor, shouldn’t the Epcot connoisseur like that because it gets them out of the way?
3. If it’s cheap, it’s not spending mass amounts of money that could be best spent elsewhere.

It makes business sense that Disney would look for easy, low commitment, bandaid ways to handle the crowds and please the masses for Epcot’s anniversary.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Why are they bringing DVD bonus features into theme parks?

DVD?! The “Be Our Guest” Sing-Along-Songs VHS tape was from 1992.

1542512702809.png

RSoxNo1

Disney is probably trying to appeal to the masses...rather than 100 people on the internet...what a horrible way to do business.
You can look at it that way. Except it directly contradicts the approach taken with Epcot prior to 1995. Disney used to take risks and create things we didn't know we wanted. EPCOT Center was largely at the core of that.

They might as well change the name of the park, it's not EPCOT Center, Epcot '94 or Epcot. It's a disjointed mess with zero identity. It will celebrate it's 40th anniversary by cementing it's position as the worst Disney park in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom