News Beauty and the Beast sing-along coming to Epcot's France Pavilion

Tavernacle12

@marni1971 has said they're in the process of updating IdF. Until he says that is scrapped, you can count on IdF not going away, especially when the Disney Blog goes out of its way to say it's staying.

The bad part is imagining the queue for it...

Why would the queue change? Unless you just mean the influx of screaming children that’ll be there.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
But "more family friendly" ... Bob probably finds the movies in the countries boring and remember everyone, "it's not a museum"

Sigh again.

That's the thing, though... They are boring. The amount of times I've seen people leave the 3 travelogue films (The circle visions moreso than france. They sleep in france) gets on my nerves.

Kman101

That's the thing, though... They are boring. The amount of times I've seen people leave the 3 travelogue films (The circle visions moreso than france. They sleep in france) gets on my nerves.

I agree the average guest finds them boring. And again, not everything is for everyone. I can understand the films not being all that popular. It's a shame.

MuteSuperstar

And I would rather see both circlevision films and IDF 10 more times than ride the deadly dull Test Track 2.0 even one more time. Different strokes as they say.

But yes, I am not surprised the average modern guest finds them "boring", and I'll leave it at that.

jt04

The Impressions showings should be closer to capacity now. That makes for a better aesthetic over an empty-ish theater.

And can give 10 other reasons why this is a great move. Very pleased.

Bocabear

Disney is probably trying to appeal to the masses...rather than 100 people on the internet...what a horrible way to do business.
with the rising costs associated with visiting the parks, why would "the Masses" want to waste a percentage of their day doing a sing along Beauty and the Beast thing rather than a real ride or attraction... If Disney truly wanted to appeal to the masses they would build a real true attraction in each of the countries and make sure at least one of them is a roller coaster...THAT is what the masses want... Not a cupcake party or another lame sing along...

jt04

with the rising costs associated with visiting the parks, why would "the Masses" want to waste a percentage of their day doing a sing along Beauty and the Beast thing rather than a real ride or attraction... If Disney truly wanted to appeal to the masses they would build a real true attraction in each of the countries and make sure at least one of them is a roller coaster...THAT is what the masses want... Not a cupcake party or another lame sing along...

I would agree but all the construction happening holds me back.

Last edited:

Kman101

And I would rather see both circlevision films and IDF 10 more times than ride the deadly dull Test Track 2.0 even one more time. Different strokes as they say.

But yes, I am not surprised the average modern guest finds them "boring", and I'll leave it at that.

I'm not either. I've come to the sad realization we're a very small minority. But again, we all like different things, so, as I say 'each their own and all that' I guess ...

I feel like people think I have six heads when I even try and suggest Test Track and Soarin' could have been done a lot better.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

But, Disney isn't going to appeal to the minority. They're going to appeal to the majority.

Kman101

EXACTLY.

Thank you.

And who will abandon them first? The masses.

Who will still be here? Us.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I agree with the above post from @Bocabear
I'd also like to say that Disney creates the appeal because they're conditioned so many people to blindly enjoy whatever they create (to a large extent).
Disney could appeal to the masses by creating IPless attractions in the countries because Disney is the one who decides what's appealing and what's not to their fans.
Disney is creating an environment where only Disney IP's are appealing for a reason:
it moves merch and it entices children (who, in turn, push their parents into going to Disney World).
Remember in the 1990's when Michael Eisner was actively trying to appeal to EVERYONE?
There was new stuff for six year old girls that was just as good as the new stuff for teenage boys which was just as good as the entire nighttime district for people in their 20's which was just as good as the family attractions.
That's gone now.... And it's not coming back.
Do you happen to own a 1991 Ford Explorer?

The Empress Lilly

Yes, people leaving the theaters midway get on my nerves too.

They ought to be whipped out of the park, for bad taste to begin with, and for interfering with the enjoyment of those that do enjoy watching the movies, uninterrupted by rude guests.

Sir_Cliff

Agrabah isn’t a real place. If we’re going to get angry over Frozen in Norway . . .
Honestly, I see Frozen as fitting in Norway more than BatB in France. That might seem counter-intuitive as BatB is actually set in France, but there's far more reference to Norwegian culture in Frozen than French culture in Beauty & the Beast. You'd only really have to replace all the "bonjours" at the beginning with "guten tags" and it could be set in Germany or Austria for all the cultural specificity it has. That's also why a Ratatouille attraction seemed like a better fit for the pavilion than BatB when there seemed to be some competition between the two IPs.

Eh, I guess this is the direction the parks are going in more generally and there's not much that can be done. It's always been entertainment for the masses, but they at least used to aim a little higher conceptually with Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom