Beauty And The Beast Revamp?

Jones14

Original Poster
I have a friend who works for Disney, and she mentioned to me a few days ago that show plans for the BatB theatre had changed. Supposedly, the plan now is to upgrade the theatre and modernize the show from a tech perspective (two specifics she gave were an articulated Beast and improved scenery), instead of outright replacing it. I assumed when she told me that she was misinformed, but since we know now that the Villains show is a hard-ticket event in the flex theatre, it makes me wonder. Insiders, is this being looked at, or is BatB still on the way out?

Timothy_Q

One of the best shows Disney has had, simple, entertaining and elegant.

Elegant?! This show is the farthest thing from elegant

beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage-00.jpg

If you're looking for elegant, try this:

disneys-aladdin_alt.jpg

MerlinTheGoat

You know "elegant" is a fancy word for simple, right?
The "simple" definition of elegant is generally used in regards to the subjects of sciences or mathematics. The original and normally used definition for "elegant" however is to describe something as being stylish, tasteful, refined, dignified, graceful, superior, excellent etc.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/elegant

Last edited:

Matt_Black

The "simple" definition of elegant is generally used in regards to the subjects of sciences or mathematics. The original and normally used definition for "elegant" however is to describe something as being stylish, tasteful, refined, dignified, graceful, superior, excellent etc.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/elegant

Ah, but I'm still technically correct. Which is the best kind of correct.

MerlinTheGoat

Ah, but I'm still technically correct. Which is the best kind of correct.
In the context of math/science you would be. Though that's a context that was not specified when you defined the word here, and is in fact offtopic to the context of this discussion. Within the context of this discussion, the term "simple" is both irrelevant and inaccurate when describing Aladdin's stage show.

The show certainly isn't simple (especially compared to Beauty and the Beast DHS) but it's absolutely worthy of the traditional definition of elegant (stylish, tasteful, refined, dignified, graceful, superior, excellent).

Last edited:

mergatroid

Ok just to put it into context, I have never seen Aladdin so I'm unable to compare it to that show which I may or may not enjoy equally, less or more. As for my enjoyment of it, I love the story, the soundtrack (well most of it) and the finale just makes me feel good to be alive. The simplicity of the show is also appealing to me for some unknown reason. I think it's because the fairly simple backdrops and effects don't take anything away from it as the story and emotion carry it which makes the simplicity kind of charming in its own way.

As for 'elegant', I'm talking mainly about the finale of it. From my perspective it is simple yet elegant in both the costuming and the choreography, that may say more about my standards of elegance than anything else but it's the way it comes across to me.

35039a242a455b66ecfabf6b1e2bfb41.jpg

2311355570_c4a33ce0ce_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom