News Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage closing for refurbishment later this month

ToTBellHop

I agree, but this is why this is precisely when they should have been changing this show over. Even if it took six months, having another new offering with a high capacity would really help DHS when SWGE hits. This was an obvious and fairly easy place to do it IMO.
I know. And it was the plan to switch it and Mermaid over. Only Disney Junior made it because there was a cheap update available from California. I guess Lightning McQueen is a consolation prize?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Two weeks seems like a while for this show. Any idea of changes to the show or is it to repaint the roof?
Two weeks isn't much. Take it form someone in the theatre business.

A week for fixing/touching up/updating costumes, set pieces, lighting design, and sound design...
And then tech week (as it is in the name) is usually a week long.

Makes sense to me.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Pixar Live was good. It was just too long. I was a cast member at the time it was going on, and every single person I know who saw it complained it dragged. I'd love to see the idea of doubling up two shows in that theater revisited. I'd even love Pixar coming back. But a more slow paced show like an orchestra concert in a theme park needs to be less than 50 minutes long. Half hour at most.

To put it in perspective, BatB was half the length of Pixar Live.

ThatMouse

... every single person I know who saw it complained it dragged.

That's funny! America doesn't like orchestral music, live or recorded! This one time Boston Pops came to Florida and the venue was a small half filled hockey rink. Terrible acoustics. Even on this forum if you attempt to have an intelligent music conversation you just get attacked with sarcastic remarks.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Pixar live was awesome, I bet it had the guest scores to prove it too. I’m sure it was super expensive though.
I believe it would work better as streetmosphere in Disney Springs on one of their stages than an actual stage show for a theme park. It wasn't very fitting. I don't know anyone under the age of like. 50. Who thought it was spectacular. I saw it and was like "Oh. This is it? I could watch my college orchestra do this."

SirWillow

My bad. Said no normal non-forum-addicted theme park guest under the age of 50 ever.*

I'm under the age of 50 and would have loved to see it. Really wish we had a decent symphony orchestra where I live now. When we lived in Tampa we had season tickets for the symphony there- and we were in our early/ mid 30's then. And had several friends that went with us, no theme park needed at all.

So just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean there aren't people out there who do.

JohnD

At this point, there is no way they can close the attraction permanently(as many above are wishing). It is way too close to SWL opening, and they need every show/attraction/ride open come December, no matter good, bad or anywhere in between.

Yeah. They need the people eater shows of BATB, TLM, Frozen, Disney Jr. and Indy to help contain crowds. Too bad they don't have a car stunt show that would really absorb a lot of people.

Kman101

I believe it would work better as streetmosphere in Disney Springs on one of their stages than an actual stage show for a theme park. It wasn't very fitting. I don't know anyone under the age of like. 50. Who thought it was spectacular. I saw it and was like "Oh. This is it? I could watch my college orchestra do this."

I’m under 50 and I liked it. It could have been shorter and more engaging but it was a very nice effort. But it wouldn’t be a draw on its own IMO. A full stage show is a better replacement. Copying Pixarmonic
Orchestra would be better streetmosphere. A live band would be nice in HS actually ...

virk4

I remember seeing this many times before the current theater was built. I recall sitting in the hot sun with my wife and kids....somewhere in the vicinity of the Brown Derby. Does anyone know the exact location of the original outside B&B show?

SGTStoney

Anything less than a totally new show is a waste of money. This bizzare, amateurish production pales in comparison to any live Disney stage park show.
That's harsh and completely false. The people performing are trained professionals and work very hard to provide an enjoyable show to all ages that attend. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but neither is any other ride or attraction. I think it's good to offer different levels of entertainment. B&B is a stage show in the classic form.

JohnD

I remember seeing this many times before the current theater was built. I recall sitting in the hot sun with my wife and kids....somewhere in the vicinity of the Brown Derby. Does anyone know the exact location of the original outside B&B show?

Theater of the Stars next to Starring Rolls.
9a12d0949d75967da1c168b3dca89b7c.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom