News Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage closing for refurbishment later this month

Casper Gutman

As is probably clear, I’m very adverse to the closure of almost any ride (except M:S) but shows like this need to rotate fairly regularly (unless they feature dogs - then they can stay forever).

If this show has a dedicated fan base, the solution is clear, and it’s one Disney should absolutely love. Build a Broadway quality theatre in Disney Springs, stick the Broadway B&B in their, and charge nice big prices for seats. They can package a show with a meal, offer luxury boxes, cabanas, whatever - and it won’t even feel like an upcharge! Rumor is Uni is about to do something like this, but Disney has far more material to fill such a theatre (or perhaps several - build a mini theatre district around Cirque and that area of the Springs will finally have its own character).

SirWillow

I'm actually really bummed about this, as it's closing the day before I'll be at the park with my daughter and we were both really looking forward to seeing this again. I may have to see about juggling my schedule one of the other days so we can get over there and see it. We really liked the show, but it's been several years.

Club Cooloholic

That show is a little gem to us. It is very kid friendly so I think that helps, plus they released the live action movie just last year so maybe they figure it had a little more life left. That said, there are other Beauty and the beast options in the parks and out, so maybe they can do a new show. Princess and the Frog would be a fun one or Moana

Princess Leia

If this show has a dedicated fan base, the solution is clear, and it’s one Disney should absolutely love. Build a Broadway quality theatre in Disney Springs, stick the Broadway B&B in their, and charge nice big prices for seats. They can package a show with a meal, offer luxury boxes, cabanas, whatever - and it won’t even feel like an upcharge! Rumor is Uni is about to do something like this, but Disney has far more material to fill such a theatre (or perhaps several - build a mini theatre district around Cirque and that area of the Springs will finally have its own character).
Instead of BatB, a better choice would be to have unique Broadway style shows, that can only be seen in Disney Springs. Moana would probably see Hamilton-style ticket sales.

I don’t want to see BatB leave DHS, but I would like it to be plussed a bit. It’s long past due.

SirWillow

Lots of suggestions for a Moana replacement. That could be awesome to see. I'd love to see a live Maui singing Thank You. It would be a very fitting replacement, and one that I think that even those of us who would miss BatB would get behind and enjoy.

Walt d

Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage is 27 years and 2 months old. That means it has already lasted longer than:
World of Motion (13 years and 2 months)
America Sings (13 years and 9 months)
Horizons (14 years and 3 months)
Journey Into Imagination (15 years and 7 months)
Wonders of Life (17 years and 2 months)
Adventures thru Inner Space (18 years and 1 month)
The Living Seas (19 years and 7 months)
Both Disneyland Mine Trains (20 years and 6 months)
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea: Submarine Voyage (22 years and 11 months)
Disneyland's Star Tours (23 years and 6 months)
All Studio Backlot Tours at Disney MGM/Hollywood Studios (25 years and 5 months)
All Tomorrowland Flight Attractions (25 years and 7 months)
Magic Kingdom's Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (26 years and 11 months)
Captain Hook's Pirate Ship Restaurant (27 years and 1 months)
Attractions it will soon surpass:
Disneyland's Peoplemover (28 years and 1 months)
Great Movie Ride (28 year and 3 months)
Disneyland's Country Bear Playhouse/Jamboree (29 years and 6 months)
Tahitian Terrace (30 years 10 months)
Im glad some one is keeping track .

ToTBellHop

Instead of BatB, a better choice would be to have unique Broadway style shows, that can only be seen in Disney Springs. Moana would probably see Hamilton-style ticket sales.

I don’t want to see BatB leave DHS, but I would like it to be plussed a bit. It’s long past due.
Disney Springs would be a better choice to have a resident Disney Theatrical production, although I bet The Lion King would be their choice.

tabecker259

They aborted the 5PM show tonight 15 minutes in. All we got from cast members was technical difficulties. Lots of people were confused/upset.

po1998

At this point, there is no way they can close the attraction permanently(as many above are wishing). It is way too close to SWL opening, and they need every show/attraction/ride open come December, no matter good, bad or anywhere in between.

Biff215

At this point, there is no way they can close the attraction permanently(as many above are wishing). It is way too close to SWL opening, and they need every show/attraction/ride open come December, no matter good, bad or anywhere in between.
I agree, but this is why this is precisely when they should have been changing this show over. Even if it took six months, having another new offering with a high capacity would really help DHS when SWGE hits. This was an obvious and fairly easy place to do it IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom