Beauty and the Beast dark ride

cheezbat

I wouldn't call Smuggler's Run an E-ticket. I don't even think they intended it to be, although I could be wrong about that.
Regardless, that’s three MAJOR rides and MK gets ONE in the same period of time...the worlds busiest theme park should have MORE to do than DL, and obviously it’s other 3 parks need more to spread out the masses as well.

UNCgolf

Regardless, that’s three MAJOR rides and MK gets ONE in the same period of time...the worlds busiest theme park should have MORE to do than DL, and obviously it’s other 3 parks need more to spread out the masses as well.

All of those rides are at WDW too, though -- they're just not at the Magic Kingdom. It's not like they only built them at Disneyland.

I mean, I agree that Magic Kingdom needs more attractions, but the other parks need them more than the MK does.

TrainsOfDisney

All of those rides are at WDW too, though -- they're just not at the Magic Kingdom. It's not like they only built them at Disneyland.

I mean, I agree that Magic Kingdom needs more attractions, but the other parks need them more than the MK does.

I don’t think the argument was that MK should have gotten Galaxies edge and runaway rr.

The fantasyland expansion should have been amazing.

Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride
Pinocchio Dark ride
Alice Dark Ride
Tangled Boat Ride
Little mermaid with a real budget
7 dwarves mine train with a bigger budget.

And then add a Casey’s Jr. ride and storybook canal.

cheezbat

Yes they’re at WDW too, and in the correct park for it here, but the point is that Disneyland already has the most rides of any single Disney park, yet MK brings in quite a few more people and needs the additional rides...and yet they get one new ride every handful of years. MK should be much closer to DLs numbers.

*Jules*

In the Parks
No
In my personal opinion it would be a great addition to the Magic Kingdom at WDW, but I am certainly not going to be holding my breathe waiting for this to happen. I do think it would work really well in the area of Be Our Guest and Gaston's Tavern.

Phineas

I don’t think the argument was that MK should have gotten Galaxies edge and runaway rr.

The fantasyland expansion should have been amazing.

Beauty and the Beast Dark Ride
Pinocchio Dark ride
Alice Dark Ride
Tangled Boat Ride
Little mermaid with a real budget
7 dwarves mine train with a bigger budget.

And then add a Casey’s Jr. ride and storybook canal.
And bring back Toad. The bus to Magic Kingdom still plays The Merrily Song from the ride/movie, taunting me the whole way. They could even make it a “sequel”-Toad’s Wilder Ride or whatever, and make use of the amazing projection mapping effects used in MMRR.

And I’ve been crossing my fingers for years that they’d give us DL’s Alice and Pinocchio dark rides.

Giss Neric

I was just wondering, since Tokyo Disney is not really own by Disney, are the imagineers building the rides there are imagineers back here too or are they specifically imagineers hired by the Oriental Company?

TrainsOfDisney

I was just wondering, since Tokyo Disney is not really own by Disney, are the imagineers building the rides there are imagineers back here too or are they specifically imagineers hired by the Oriental Company?

It’s imagineering but there are certain imagineers that are assigned to certain projects. In his book, Marty Sklar talks about feeling bad for the imagineers working on California Adventure while others got to work on Tokyo Disney Sea.

When I was at D23 this year I spent a lot of time chatting with the imagineers at the expo. One of the ladies I was talking to had finished working on the Tokyo fantasyland expansion and was now working on the Tokyo Disney sea expansion. At one point she said “oh yeah I’m really lucky to be working on another Tokyo project, we get to do really amazing stuff over there”

brb1006

Courtesy of TDR Explorer, here's a sneak peek of the attraction poster for the new Beauty and the Beast attraction.
EUWizHsVAAAjCqJ

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I would love to see this new ride from Asia to WDW. I think the ride that it's now at Fantasyland of Beauty and the Beast is just for kids... what about the adults?
There is no Beauty and the Beast ride currently at WDW. They have a show at EPCOT and a restaurant and meet and greet at Magic Kingdom. I would have no problem with it replacing the be our guest restaurant.

Katelynbird

A Beauty and the Beast dark ride makes perfect sense for the MK and the space is also there so that makes sense as well. The problem that stands in the way and what seems to happen quite often with Disney Execs. is what makes sense usually never comes to be. I hope I am wrong as I would love to see this happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom