News Beatrix coming to Disney Springs

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Amazing. Weren't they saying, just last week, that they were not going to be building this restaurant?
Insiders said that. And Disney said delayed. Lettuce Entertain You (the operator) also just said delayed. I can only assume that one side or the other wanted to change the terms of the deal because of the pandemic, and was willing to exercise an opt-out clause prior to construction beginning if the terms weren’t changed. The new permits suggest whoever was threatening to pull the plug got at least part of what they wanted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Insiders said that. And Disney said delayed. Lettuce Entertain You (the operator) also just said delayed. I can only assume that one side or the other wanted to change the terms of the deal because of the pandemic, and was willing to exercise an opt-out clause prior to construction beginning if the terms weren’t changed. The new permits suggest whoever was threatening to pull the plug got at least part of what they wanted.
And I wouldn't be surprised if the permit was worded incorrectly and Beatrix is still delayed. We still need to hear from Disney and/or Beatrix.

raymusiccity

Finally Beatrix is continued construction now i can't wait!
Seems like an underwhelming addition to Disney Springs ! :confused:
IMG_0347.PNG

Bocabear

Seems like an underwhelming addition to Disney Springs ! :confused:
View attachment 552284
I agree...I mean, it is nice to have healthy options, but I think most Disney restaurants offer them. There is a vegetarian option almost everywhere. I often order them for a little change and a lot of the time they are better than the standard menu. Nothing on their food photos looks particularly wonderful...and I see this as becoming the next Pollo Campero in a year. Yes! there will always be some people that want a kale salad and quinoa cake benedict, but I think it will be a hard sell with the other options available at the Springs...
They should have built a standalone O'Hana... it could have been a beautifully themed building and a nice counterpoint to the current offerings... Plus the current need is far greater then their availability.

TikibirdLand

I agree...I mean, it is nice to have healthy options, but I think most Disney restaurants offer them. There is a vegetarian option almost everywhere. I often order them for a little change and a lot of the time they are better than the standard menu. Nothing on their food photos looks particularly wonderful...and I see this as becoming the next Pollo Campero in a year. Yes! there will always be some people that want a kale salad and quinoa cake benedict, but I think it will be a hard sell with the other options available at the Springs...
They should have built a standalone O'Hana... it could have been a beautifully themed building and a nice counterpoint to the current offerings... Plus the current need is far greater then their availability.
Recently, we went to a Brazilian steakhouse. Closest thing to O'hana we've had in a while. Nothing particularly polynesian about O'hana except for the decor and entertainment. But, our family loves it. Maybe there are other possibilities?

Bocabear

Recently, we went to a Brazilian steakhouse. Closest thing to O'hana we've had in a while. Nothing particularly polynesian about O'hana except for the decor and entertainment. But, our family loves it. Maybe there are other possibilities?
Any of the Brazilian steakhouses would do... O'hana is the same model... What if it were a Disney owned restaurant based on Saludos Amigos... With Jose Carioca as the figurehead...instead of a Polynesian O'Hana theme. I think it would be wildly popular.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The permit filed is only to allow the space to be infilled with dirt/grass to allow it to be used as an open space instead of looking like a construction site
Yes that is what I understood, but the permit appears to be quite specific on the actual building and the contractor doing the work. I would not expect to be doing dirt and grass.

Hellfire CJ

they may not be doing the work, as but as the GC the permit has to be under their name. I had a contract to work on the job, IT IS NOT MOVING FORWARD AT THIS POINT

ifan

I have been to Beatrix a handful of times (mostly brunch, but sometimes dinner) when visiting Chicago and I didn't even realize it was so "health' focused. It's just good food. It's run by Lettuce Entertain You and I've never had a bad meal at any of their large holdings of restaurants. They are very, very, very successful and well managed.

Beatrix is quite popular, always busy with locals, and I'm sure it will do well. It also has some fast options like coffee and breakfast foods for professionals nearby who want something to take away.

Jon81uk

I agree...I mean, it is nice to have healthy options, but I think most Disney restaurants offer them. There is a vegetarian option almost everywhere. I often order them for a little change and a lot of the time they are better than the standard menu.
Vegetarian doesn’t mean healthy.

a grilled cheese is vegetarian, but a plain chicken breast salad sandwich is healthier.

Bocabear

Vegetarian doesn’t mean healthy.

a grilled cheese is vegetarian, but a plain chicken breast salad sandwich is healthier.
True... I was talking about having Healthy options and vegetarian options...but yeah...there are plenty of unhealthy Vegetarian options out there. In other news, Flowers smell nice...also there are some flowers that smell bad.lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom