News Beatrix coming to Disney Springs

Steph15251

Orlando weekly food blog mentioned this a while back I guess they where right and by the way they get lots of info from here lol.

PeoplemoverTTA

Excited to have some healthy plant based options in Disney Springs. They have more vegan options than ever in the parks and DS, but it'll be nice to have something healthier and quick.

Although the loss of PI and the blandification of WoD are still upsetting, I will admit I've come around a bit on DS overall.

Bocabear

Excited to have some healthy plant based options in Disney Springs. They have more vegan options than ever in the parks and DS, but it'll be nice to have something healthier and quick.

Although the loss of PI and the blandification of WoD are still upsetting, I will admit I've come around a bit on DS overall.
I am afraid Beatrix will go the way of that healthy food alternative that replaced the Downtown Disney McDonalds years ago... It was popular for a very short time and then no one wanted it...
And they will be demolishing a huge building to put it in... Seems like there are smaller venues it could fit in... Going to be interesting to see...

PeoplemoverTTA

I am afraid Beatrix will go the way of that healthy food alternative that replaced the Downtown Disney McDonalds years ago... It was popular for a very short time and then no one wanted it...
And they will be demolishing a huge building to put it in... Seems like there are smaller venues it could fit in... Going to be interesting to see...

Yes, I remember that too. Culturally, there seems to be a shift toward healthier, plant based options lately, but I'm curious to see how that translates to people's vacations as well. You're right, it could go either way. I hope it works out!

Epcot82Guy

I will be very interested to see how this plays in Disney Springs. I've been to the one in Chicago a few times and enjoyed it. But, I'm admittedly more of a food geek and typically not where Disney aims. It's a great opportunity to diversify things, and I think there is an audience for it if people are willing to try. As for the concept, the space is pretty large for what they typically do - but it could work. Or, they could easily to a Beatrix on the main floor with the restaurant and a counter service location and then do a lounge or the like upstairs. I'm cautious on this one, but I don't think it's a bad idea at all.

jaklgreen

Just from looking at their menu, I don't think that they are crazy "healthy". They have pancakes, burgers, filet, short ribs, etc on the menu. I would consider these more normal foods. Plus they have a bakery, so I wouldn't say that the concept is way out there. Many things on the menu look good to me. Nothing wrong with having food that has not been processed to death.

dreday3

Just from looking at their menu, I don't think that they are crazy "healthy". They have pancakes, burgers, filet, short ribs, etc on the menu. I would consider these more normal foods. Plus they have a bakery, so I wouldn't say that the concept is way out there. Many things on the menu look good to me. Nothing wrong with having food that has not been processed to death.

Oh absolutely. I'm definitely not a vegan or vegetarian. While they have great options for those that are vegan/vegetarian, wanting to eat healthy or what have you, they also have really, really good meat lover options too. :)

mm121

since the adventurers club and PI closed years ago, there really is nothing that interests me. once every few months i may go to the marketplace, but thats it. the rest of it is just another shopping mall, millenia mall without a roof, someone once said.
And they destroyed everything that made the Disney store at Disney spring special

And added tons of overpriced and down right expensive restaurants

PeoplemoverTTA

And they destroyed everything that made the Disney store at Disney spring special

And added tons of overpriced and down right expensive restaurants

I don't personally care for the new WoD aesthetic, but it is what it is and I accept it (the minimalistic motif seems to be pervading the parks and hotels as well in some areas). I would love to see some new life given to the Christmas store, which lost a lot of its theming and now has relatively little "Christmas" merchandise compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

But as for the restaurants, I don't blame them at all for adding some well themed and high-end restaurants. That's the vibe they want in Disney Springs. It took awhile for me to accept it, and I still miss the "olden" days of Downtown Disney, but I'm also now embracing the concept of Disney Springs. It's supposed to be a high-end area with shops and dining to spend an afternoon or evening. The restaurants are largely very unique (although I fell in love with Blaze Pizza in DS, we now have one less than a mile from my house and I still love it 🤣) and are worth the time and cost.

The prices are on par with similarly high end restaurants in just about any city (and possibly even cost less than some major cities). I live in Buffalo, and for a night out with my husband, we'll spend right around where we would spend to eat and have some drinks at Jock Lindsey's or Morimoto Asia.

For what it is, Disney Springs really delivers.

Kman101

I don't personally care for the new WoD aesthetic, but it is what it is and I accept it (the minimalistic motif seems to be pervading the parks and hotels as well in some areas). I would love to see some new life given to the Christmas store, which lost a lot of its theming and now has relatively little "Christmas" merchandise compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

But as for the restaurants, I don't blame them at all for adding some well themed and high-end restaurants. That's the vibe they want in Disney Springs. It took awhile for me to accept it, and I still miss the "olden" days of Downtown Disney, but I'm also now embracing the concept of Disney Springs. It's supposed to be a high-end area with shops and dining to spend an afternoon or evening. The restaurants are largely very unique (although I fell in love with Blaze Pizza in DS, we now have one less than a mile from my house and I still love it 🤣) and are worth the time and cost.

The prices are on par with similarly high end restaurants in just about any city (and possibly even cost less than some major cities). I live in Buffalo, and for a night out with my husband, we'll spend right around where we would spend to eat and have some drinks at Jock Lindsey's or Morimoto Asia.

All of this.

It does deliver. They have tons of GREAT food options. It's a shame some can't see that. But yeah, Town Center is basically one big strip mall. It's what it's, you know, supposed to be. Disney wants guests buying those things there, not at the other malls in Orlando.

Unfortunately folks seem to want Disney Statues or tacky decor everywhere to make it "more Disney".

I liked the old World of Disney but it was a mess and now I actually know where things and sections are; but then again I like modern and brick work but I miss the decor on the entrance (they kept Stitch at least). They have nice touches inside if you bother to look for them ... I think they can find a better way to have 'modern' and easy to shop (which it is) with some more touches .... but most of us are in the minority of what we want the stores and hotels to be, sadly. I'm not fond of what they're doing to a lot of the hotel rooms so I get where folks are coming from.

It's plenty "Disney" to me. I enjoy walking around Disney Springs more than I ever did Downtown Disney. Most folks just miss the bars and Pleasure Island (and I don't really blame them, it was before I was of age to drink so I didn't have that attachment). I wish they had kept Adventurer's Club though. Edison doesn't seem to have hit the mark.

ncc1701a

Menu looks ok. I liked the breakfast one but can't imagine they will have breakfast except on the weekend. I have eaten at the parent company's French restaurant, Mon Ami Gabi, in Vegas and would like to see them bring that to Disney Springs!

ThatMouse

Unfortunately folks seem to want Disney Statues or tacky decor everywhere to make it "more Disney".

That isn't necessarily true. I actually don't come to Disney for the characters. I like Disney World for its originality, experiences you can only find there. Adventurer's Club was one great example. It's hard to understand why that type of thing isn't being expanding upon. Maybe it doesn't work with the outdoor shopping mall theme?

To me Disney Springs is a huge disappointment compared to the novel idea of the New Years eve parties every night. It's like the time in grade school they were talking about putting in a new playground and they showed us models of all the cool slides and climbing equipment. They ended up putting in a stupid fitness course!!! Ahhhh! :( Disney Springs sucks!

raymusiccity

Agreed! From all of the photos that I've seen, looks like a great place to eat!
25228401.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom