Beastly Kingdom 5th park

Another big thing is that Disney has to have as much Wildlife preserves as they have used in the resort and if they were to find a way it would take too much space.
I guess they could do it if they buy more land off property and/or repurpose underutilized land.

Every year the crowds are getting worse and worse. They definitely need another park or two to spread people out. The expansions are great, but they aren't enough anymore.

Tank Man

Advertisement
They
I guess they could do it if they buy more land off property and/or repurpose underutilized land.

Every year the crowds are getting worse and worse. They definitely need another park or two to spread people out. The expansions are great, but they aren't enough anymore.
The crowds have dropped for DHS, Epcot and AK but MK stays the same, most visited park in the world. The others are struggling. AK got Avatar which has helped it but they need something new (Beastly Kingdom), DHS has gotten SWGE and TSL but needs more and Epcot needs to completely change.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He posted this on the Dis-boards and when people expressed skepticism, a number of other posters came to his defense. Turns out at least some of those defenders where found to be additional accounts he created.

The big problem with the sister park idea for AK is that the land adjacent to the parking lot is not easily buildable, but the park itself has a good sized expansion plot towards the back, so they would build there before building a "sister" park. The other problem with this idea is that there are no strong IP tie-ins. No way the current management builds a whole park without significant IP tie-ins.
...They can keep it over there

My suggestion (unsolicited) is to speculate on new smaller additions - at least you have some chance of catching the tiger that way. Particularly those that serve a need or goal not already fulfilled and/or can generate new traffic or money.

Fifth parks make no financial sense...only ever will IF Comcast decides to get ballsy and go big up the road. And maybe even not then.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They

The crowds have dropped for DHS, Epcot and AK but MK stays the same, most visited park in the world. The others are struggling. AK got Avatar which has helped it but they need something new (Beastly Kingdom), DHS has gotten SWGE and TSL but needs more and Epcot needs to completely change.
The priorities should be:

1. Epcot
1A. DAK
Distant 2. Studios

danlb_2000

There really isn't a good business case for spreading out the crowds, until the current crowds reach a point that they are deterring people from coming. If you build a fifth gate you are dramatically increasing operational costs, so you need to increase attendance enough to offset those costs.

danlb_2000

...They can keep it over there

My suggestion (unsolicited) is to speculate on new smaller additions - at least you have some chance of catching the tiger that way. Particularly those that serve a need or goal not already fulfilled and/or can generate new traffic or money.

Fifth parks make no financial sense...only ever will IF Comcast decides to get ballsy and go big up the road. And maybe even not then.
I agree, I think "boutique" experiences like the Star Wars hotel are going to be the future for WDW.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I’m not sure about a Fantasia section. I love the idea and don't love it.

The land sounds great... but, but, but I never really liked the movie. I always thought it was very, very boring. Even as an almost mature adult I couldn’t sit through it. I think it is all the classical music and very little dialogue.

It’s the equivalent of turkey on Thanksgiving and PM pills, it makes me fall asleep every time.

It would be nice to get some rides for the whole family in Beastly Dominion. My children aren’t to the age yet where they can go on anything too death defying.

Plus I get motion sickness pretty easily on things (like Mission Space). This is one of the many reasons why I love dark rides and boat rides so much. They are nice and slow and move in one direction. I only will put up with puking if I've drank or eaten too much.

I still can’t believe Disney made sections of their All Star Movie resort dedicated to Fantasia, Herbie and Mighty Ducks. Talk about dropping the ball (or puck) when it comes to theming. They could have gone with way more marketable Animated IP’s that stand the test of time. Most live action movies (like Herbie and Mighty Ducks) that aren’t a part of a big franchise don’t remain relevant and definitely are not “Land” worthy.

They did the same thing with “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” (for 2 attractions), “American Idol” and “Who Wants to be Millionaire”. I think if it’s not Star Wars, Marvel or Animated they should stay away from MOST IP’s.

Then again one of my favorite rides is Splash Mountain and it’s IP is “Song of the South”, which is seen as racist and unPC by today’s audience.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I still can’t believe Disney made sections of their All Star Movie resort dedicated to Fantasia, Herbie and Mighty Ducks. Talk about dropping the ball (or puck) when it comes to theming. They could have gone with way more marketable Animated IP’s that stand the test of time. Most live action movies (like Herbie and Mighty Ducks) that aren’t a part of a big franchise don’t remain relevant and definitely are not “Land” worthy.
Yep, many live action movies become irrelevant over time.

Even one of my favorite movies (Jaws) couldn’t even keep it’s land in Universal. In fact Uni is pretty quick to replace many of their attractions or lands that are no longer relevant anymore like Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and Kongfrontation... But somehow E.T. has stayed.

I don’t think Spielberg and his Alien friends will let them get rid of it.

Goofy Ninja

Universal wouldn’t have to keep replacing their attractions if they were smart. If they want to stay relevant they got to go with the big dogs.

Unfortunately for them Disney owns a lot of them. But there are still many other franchises they can get their hands on. Like D.C. Comics (Marvel Equivalent), Star Trek (Star Wars Equivalent) and possibly Lord of the Rings and Godzilla.

Tank Man

Universal wouldn’t have to keep replacing their attractions if they were smart. If they want to stay relevant they got to go with the big dogs.

Unfortunately for them Disney owns a lot of them. But there are still many other franchises they can get their hands on. Like D.C. Comics (Marvel Equivalent), Star Trek (Star Wars Equivalent) and possibly Lord of the Rings and Godzilla.
I think DC is very likely, but Marvel land would have to go which I predict won’t happen for a decade. But in a decade DC might be bigger and better.
I want to see Godzilla but I think the Monsterverse would need to improve in earnings by a bit as Godzilla KotM did not do to well. Godzilla is a favorite of mine and I would love to see a highly themed ride for him in IoA.
Star Trek is very possible but they would need to do something amazing with it or it will be second to SWGE like what Star Trek has been, second to Star Wars.
LotR sounds amazing to replace Lost Continent since it is getting new things added soon and a land would be epic.

Goofy Ninja

I think DC is very likely, but Marvel land would have to go which I predict won’t happen for a decade. But in a decade DC might be bigger and better.
I want to see Godzilla but I think the Monsterverse would need to improve in earnings by a bit as Godzilla KotM did not do to well. Godzilla is a favorite of mine and I would love to see a highly themed ride for him in IoA.
Star Trek is very possible but they would need to do something amazing with it or it will be second to SWGE like what Star Trek has been, second to Star Wars.
LotR sounds amazing to replace Lost Continent since it is getting new things added soon and a land would be epic.
Yep, now is the time to actually buy D.C.. Warner Brothers I read wants to get rid of it so the price tag is perhaps at an all time low. They'd probably just have to make an agreement with Six Flags to use it just in Florida and possibly overseas.

Godzilla vs King Kong should bring the big reptile back to respectability. It could even be a great attraction as well. I'd love to see a Kongfrontation like ride for the pair.

Star Trek looks like it is going to go in the new park. It looks like a standalone attraction in the concept art that may turn into an expanded land in the future.

and last, but not least Yes, Yes, Yes please... on the Lord of the Rings idea. I'd eat all of my vegetables for that one.

Last edited:

disneysource11

Disney wants to bring some of their Asian rides to the U.S. (Tron, Journey to the Center, Roaring Rapids, etc) because they know most people will not travel to their foreign parks. I loved Tokyo, but I can see why others would be apprehensive, it is a vastly different culture.

Tokyo Disneysea is probably the best park in all of the world. But I agree, the city and the crowds aren’t for everyone. The only reason I may never go again is mostly the distance though. I live in New England so it is way too long of a flight for me. I think it took about 14 hours to get there. Whereas Florida is only 2 to 3 hours away.

It’s especially bad when you have people who blatantly fart next to you. I think the guy to my right had a spinach and cheese calzone. The flight attendant refused to bring anyone their drinks in my area. Thanks to old farty pants. I’m surprised the oxygen masks didn’t drop down.

I’ve done it once, but I probably won’t do it everrrr again.

Roaring Rapids looks like a better version of Kali River Rapids. I find myself so bored on the Animal Kingdom one. There’s too much vacant time spent staring at strangers, since you’re in a round raft. It should at least soak you like Popeye’s ride (islands), if they aren’t going to give you things to look at.

There was a guy sitting next to me trying to look as cool as a terminator. He refused to show any emotions for some reason, even his family seemed weirded out by him. I kept hoping a wave of water would soak him and make him at least blink.

disneysource11

The layout for Beastly Kingdom (Dominion) would be similar to Animal Kingdom, but with less water on the right side of the park. Plus there is no plan for a similar nighttime show as Animal’s. Unless of course you think Fantasmic is similar, which will be in the Fantasia section.

Top Bottom