Beastly Kingdom 5th park

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
The following is from a Beastly Kingdom 5th park thread I saw by poster disneysource11 on multiple message boards. I'm not sure what forum it belongs in here because it sounds like Armchair Imagineering.

The following is what I’m hearing from my source.

Beastly Kingdom
(possibly Dominion) will be the 5th park in Disney World. Unless they decide to go with Dark Dominion (villain park).

Sister parks have been discussed for all 4 parks with ramps and parking decks connecting the sets. The new parks would be similar opposites of the originals.

Magic Kingdom (heroes) & Dark Dominion (villains)
Epcot (futureworld/world showcase) & ? (pastworld/america showcase)
Animal Kingdom (animals) & Beastly Dominion (fantasy animals)

Surprisingly it would be Animal Kingdom who would get their sister park first. From what I've heard, Beastly Kingdom may not be completely dead. For the park and the Dragon section to be greenlit Dragon Empire and Onward have to do good at the box office.

It would have a similar layout to it's sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property.

The lands would consist of a central Dragon section (Discovery Island), an Egypt section (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Star Wars snow planet (Dinoland) and Fantasia (Pandora).

A dark volcanic mountain in the "Dragon Section" will be the main icon for Beastly Dominion. It will be reminiscent of the mountain in disneysea, but vastly darker. Inside it would be a ride much like disneysea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, but with a different type of ride vehicle.

The pyramid ride in “Egypt” meanwhile will be one of the other big time attractions in the park and will showcase mythical creatures. Like Sphynx's and other legendary creatures of Egyptian lore. The land will also feature real animals as well though like Camels, Cobras and other desert dwelling animals.

“Roaring Rapids" is going to be the E-ticket for “Australia”. The main star of the attraction will be gigantic Crocodile, that attacks anyone who dears to travel on his river.

“Fantasia” will have 2 main attractions. One of them being the Fantasia boat ride and the other one would be “Bald Mountain”, a rollercoaster/water ride based on one of the most famous scenes from the film. A little village and its inhabitants sit below the mountain unbeknownst to what lurks within it. Chernabog, the main antagonist is a large gargoyle-like demon who lives within the mountain. He eventually emerges from the peak of Bald Mountain where he is perched. From it he summons many dark creatures like demons, hags, and harpies that visitors will come across on their voyage through the caverns.

The secondary unheadliner attractions in the “Fantasia” section are the already aforementioned ones from the early days of planning. The animatronic of the Unicorn in the cave (which is like the setting in Paris) and the adjacent maze. Also planned as well is the Lochness restaurant, which hopefully doesn't serve Lochness on the menu.

The “Star Wars” section at Beastly Kingdom is rumored to be an ice planet. Possibly Hoth or a new one based on a planet from a future film or television show. The land may include Taun Tauns, a Wampa and other cold climate creatures.

I don’t have the snack locations, but the restaurant listing would consist of the following.

Dragon Section – Dragon Fire Pizza (Quick)
Fantasia – Lochness Landing (Quick)
Star Wars – Unnamed Star Wars (Table)
Australia – Tucker’s Takeaway (Quick)

Egypt – Cafe Cairo (Table)

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I actually have seen this rumor on another forum. I don’t think it’s true, but it would be amazing if it was. It still makes me cry that Eisner went with Dinoland rather than Beastly Kingdomme. But they wanted to create some publicity for their really bad dino film. So Beastly Kingdomme was shelved like one of those crates in the Indiana Jones movie

Camp Minnie Mickey was a lousy placeholder for Beastly Kingdom. All it had was a couple of statues by a creek and some meet and greets.

Oh yeah and the Lion King show, that didn’t even fit the wilderness theming at all. It seemed like they wanted to have it in Africa all along, but needed something for Camp Minnie Mickey.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Camp Minnie Mickey was a lousy placeholder for Beastly Kingdom. All it had was a couple of statues by a creek and some meet and greets.

Oh yeah and the Lion King show, that didn’t even fit the wilderness theming at all. It seemed like they wanted to have it in Africa all along, but needed something for Camp Minnie Mickey.

I agree, I guess they wanted to have at least 5 lands from the start. Even if it meant one was almost a complete waste of time. It was a good place to get away from crowds like Streets of America (in Hollywood). But there shouldn’t be any place like that actually in a Disney park.

BlakeW39

Nobody:

WDW Internet Superfans: bEaSTly kINgDoM

Anywho I don't believe this lol. I don't even know if I'd want it tbh (even assuming they fix the parks they have first).

danlb_2000

The following is from a Beastly Kingdom 5th park thread I saw by poster disneysource11 on multiple message boards. I'm not sure what forum it belongs in here because it sounds like Armchair Imagineering.

Beastly Kingdom
(possibly Dominion) will be the 5th park in Disney World. Unless they decide to go with Dark Dominion (villain park).

Sister parks have been discussed for all 4 parks with ramps and parking decks connecting the sets. The new parks would be similar opposites of the originals.

Surprisingly it would be Animal Kingdom who would get their sister park first. From what I've heard, Beastly Kingdom may not be completely dead. For the park and the Dragon section to be greenlit Dragon Empire and Onward have to do good at the box office.

It would have a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property.
The lands would consist of a central Dragon section (Discovery Island), an Egypt section (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Stars Wars snow planet (Dinoland) and Fantasia (Pandora).

A dark volcanic mountain in the "Dragon Section" will be the main icon for Beastly Dominion. It will be reminiscent of the mountain in disneysea, but vastly darker. Inside it would be a ride much like disneysea’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, but with a different type of ride vehicle.

The pyramid ride in “Egypt” meanwhile will be one of the other big time attractions in the park and will showcase mythical creatures. Like Sphynx's and other legendary creatures of Egyptian lore. The land will also feature real animals as well though like Camels, Cobras and other desert dwelling animals.

“Roaring Rapids" is going to be the E-ticket for “Australia”. The main star of the attraction will be gigantic Crocodile, that attacks anyone who dears to travel on his river.

“Fantasia” will have 2 main attractions. One of them being the Fantasia boat ride and the other one would be “Bald Mountain”, a rollercoaster/water ride based on one of the most famous scenes from the film. A little village and its inhabitants sit below the mountain unbeknownst to what lurks within it. Chernabog, the main antagonist is a large gargoyle-like demon who lives within the mountain. He eventually emerges from the peak of Bald Mountain where he is perched. From it he summons many dark creatures like demons, hags, and harpies that visitors will come across on their voyage through the caverns.

The secondary unheadliner attractions in the “Fantasia” section are the already aforementioned ones from the early days of planning. The animatronic of the Unicorn in the cave (which is like the setting in Paris) and the adjacent maze. Also planned as well is the Lochness restaurant, which hopefully doesn't serve Lochness on the menu.

The “Star Wars” section at Beastly Kingdom is rumored to be an ice planet. Possibly Hoth or a new one based on a planet from a future film or television show. The land may include Taun Tauns, a Wampa and other cold climate creatures.

I don’t have the snack locations, but the restaurant listing would consist of the following.

Disclaimer: Everything I just mentioned is not guaranteed to happen. For now at least it has just been discussed behind closed doors.

He posted this on the Dis-boards and when people expressed skepticism, a number of other posters came to his defense. Turns out at least some of those defenders where found to be additional accounts he created.

The big problem with the sister park idea for AK is that the land adjacent to the parking lot is not easily buildable, but the park itself has a good sized expansion plot towards the back, so they would build there before building a "sister" park. The other problem with this idea is that there are no strong IP tie-ins. No way the current management builds a whole park without significant IP tie-ins.

The big problem with the sister park idea for AK is that the land adjacent to the parking lot is not easily buildable, but the park itself has a good sized expansion plot towards the back, so they would build there before building a "sister" park. The other problem with this idea is that there are no strong IP tie-ins. No way the current management builds a whole park without significant IP tie-ins.

Yep, I love the idea of Beastly Kingdom, but what it all comes down to is money. Disney would only make a 5th gate if its financially worth it. I agree with you completely about IP's. As currently constituted this Beastly Kingdom idea just doesn't have enough of them.

Last edited:

disneysource11

Hello everyone, I am disneysource11 and these are my rumors I wrote about on many forums that are just like this one.

The first 3 IP’s that the park will be built around are “Dragon Empire”, “Onward” and “Star Wars”. I’m not sure what else they will have down the pipeline in that department. There has been talk of "Bald Mountain" (Fantasia) being made into a film as well.

BlakeW39

Hello everyone, I am disneysource11 and these are my rumors I wrote about on many forums that are just like this one.

The first 3 IP’s that the park will be built around are “Dragon Empire”, “Onward” and “Star Wars”. I’m not sure what else they will have down the pipeline in that department. There has been talk of "Bald Mountain" (Fantasia) being made into a film as well.

Can I ask how valid you really think this is? This sounds like the last thing Disney would (or even should) do. Sister parks for each which they can't even manage as is? Um...

disneysource11

Can I ask how valid you really think this is? This sounds like the last thing Disney would (or even should) do. Sister parks for each which they can't even manage as is? Um...

Yes, of course. After the expansions Disney will move ahead with a 5th park. There's talk they want to get it out shortly before or after Universal's next one.

The Hollywood one may not happen for sometime if ever if they can't get the Marvel's rights. But the rest have been seriously discussed.

BlakeW39

Yes, of course. After the expansions Disney will move ahead with a 5th park. There's talk they want to get it out shortly before or after Universal's next one.

The Hollywood one may not happen for sometime if ever if they can't get the Marvel's rights. But the rest have been seriously discussed.

Okay so there are apparently talka of a fifth park, but only after 'these expansions.' Are these only what we know about? Or are they actually going bring the current WDW parks up to speed and THEN do a fifth park? Because I wouldn't hate a fifth park I'd just hate one now because it would probably just make the other four worse if they don't do them first.

Something tells me “Onward” is going to tank, so the hope for Disney’s dragon future seems to lie with only “Dragon Empire”.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Yeah, the animation looks like it is from another studio. Also I don’t like when they go with really famous people for voice roles. It makes me think about the actor too much.

nol_dur

But that is kinda of the point of a placeholder. Its not supposed to be this greatly themed land is was made to be demolished at some point, which it was.

But that is kinda of the point of a placeholder. Its not supposed to be this greatly themed land is was made to be demolished at some point, which it was.

That's true, it was something that was easy to replace.

But they kept it far passed it's expiration date. It looked like something that would be in a local park. That's so cheap no one would want to steal it.

Something tells me “Onward” is going to tank, so the hope for Disney’s dragon future seems to lie with only “Dragon Empire”.

Yeah, Dragon Empire does have a lot of potential, it sounds really good. The only negative thing I can say about is it sounds a bit too much like Mulan. A young Asian female played by Jamie Chung (who played tv’s Mulan) has an old dragon as her companion.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
Disney probably would want to hold off on "Dragon Empire" until after it's release. They don't want another bomb like "Dinosaur" or "Good Dinosaur" (Geez... dinosaurs haven't done well).

disneysource11

The Fantasia section will go with the original concept for Beastly Kingdomme of Good vs. Evil.

The Fantasia boat ride in the “Good” section will be similar to many other younger audience boat rides like “It’s a Small World”. Where various good characters from the film Fantasia will be shown with classical music. While Bald Mountain is totally different, it is in the “Bad” section and is supposed to be one of the most terrifying rides in Disney history. Similar to “Journey to Atlantis” in Sea World, it will be both a log flume and a coaster ride.

There is a very good possibility that a new version of Fantasmic would go in this section as well. It will be placed in the middle of the 2 sections, towards the very front of the park.

I watched the Bald Mountain scene in Fantasia on Youtube. I don’t know if Disney would allow such a theming in any of the parks. They tried being adult oriented with “Alien Encounter” and the attraction was removed right away because it frightened children... and even some adults.

Fantasmic does seem like it would be an appropriate show for the park and this land though. It really signifies the battle between good and evil which was the original concept for Beastly Kingdom.

Tank Man

Beastly Kingdom

It would have a similar layout to its sister park Animal Kingdom. With a mix of real and fantasy animals throughout the property.
The lands would consist of a central Dragon section (Discovery Island), an Egypt section (Africa), Australia (Asia), a Stars Wars snow planet (Dinoland) and Fantasia (Pandora).

Could see this happen but a problem is that it does not feel Disney, if they were to make the sister parks as small versions they could fit into WDW but another big thing is that Disney has to have as much Wildlife preserves as they have used in the resort and if they were to find a way it would take to much space.
Could happen,
Beastly Kingdom might just go to Animal Kingdom one day as the Merlinwood area in IoA is now gone and that was to close to the concept of Beastly Kingdom but they might be fine now but it would most likely go in Animal Kingdom plus Disney is busy with fixing DHS and Epcot

Top Bottom