• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Beastly Kingdom 5th Park (update on pg 10) (The Great Egyptian Lodge)

The Great Gonzo

I’m a cheap gift giver too. I store up the soaps and stuff that they give for free to give to my sister. I know what you’re going to say… but believe me she doesn’t deserve more than this. She’s the type of person that makes leeches go “Whoa, ease up a little there.”.

Luckily I can’t use the soaps anyways though because I’m sensitive like a flower. You hear that ladies? … I’m sensitive.

Last edited:

Snow Queen 83

I like looking around the Disney stores, but I wouldn’t want to buy anything. The stuff is way too expensive for my cobwebbed wallet.

I’m the cheapskate that gets you a magnet as a vacation gift. The cheap kind too where the characters look a little off and it always falls off your fridge.

From one of those knockoff Irlo Bronson shops, with the overly attentive owner that hasn’t slept in 7 years.

I once got a pluto shirt at one of those places. He quickly was erased from existence like that photo of Marty Mcfly on “Back to the Future”. I think it’s somehow Goofy’s fault.

bttf.jpg

Goofy Ninja

I once got a pluto shirt at one of those places. He quickly was erased from existence like that photo of Marty Mcfly on “Back to the Future”. I think it’s somehow Goofy’s fault.

I would love to visit the Egyptian store as well. I love the Egyptian theming, it reminds me of my home on Tatooine… I mean… Tatooine, Arizona. Yeah I covered that up nicely.. oh **** I’m still writing.. Doh.

I’m also a Disney Storeoholic (I’ve been to a rehab for it), both as a buyer and... as a mostly browser (or thief). I even love those hard cookies of the characters heads. The kind you could use as a weapon in a pinch. They could have killed Thanos.

Frankenstein79

I’d love to dress like a person from the desert, it looks so comfortable. I’d look like a freaking weirdo though. Especially out grocery shopping.

Since I’m a nerdy white guy they’d probably think I’m just a wannabe jedi or… just an idiot.

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

I’d love to dress like a person from the desert, it looks so comfortable. I’d look like a freaking weirdo though. Especially out grocery shopping.

Since I’m a nerdy white guy they’d probably think I’m just a wannabe jedi or… just an idiot.

All you have to do is grow a beard, get a tan and carry a gun or machete and they won’t say anything. You may have some trouble at the airport though.

oogie boogie man

Off topic, but I wish all stores gave free samples like the Ghiradelli store. I may feel this way because I’m a fat guy with an admitted chocolate addiction though.

“Let me try that Chocolate again for the 12th time. I’m still deciding.”

DistantLeafyHoverfly-size_restricted.gif

The Lochness Monsta

Ummmm… yeah. You may have a problem buddy. Just eat healthy stuff like I do and feel completely dead inside.

Sure you find yourself crying in the middle of the day for no reason, but at least you're healthy.

Last edited:

Rambozo

I would love to see what Disney could do with the costumes of the people in the shops. Kinda Indy Stunt Show, kinda Morocco pavilion.

As long as it is mandatory to wear deodorant. Unlike the guy I smelt at that Irlo Bronson gift shop I went to. The one with the huge blonde mermaid, with the gross bellybutton.

I smelt him before coming into the shop to get my baby alligator head. It smelled like he had a bag of onions in a headlock. If the alligators weren’t already dead they would have surely killed themselves.

Frankenstein79

The employees have to be rude at this Egyptian store. Because you have to have the feel of a real Egyptian marketplace.

“You buy…? NO.. then get out.”

(he stares unblinkingly)

“… I cut you.”

I’d definitely like the store if it had a lot of resort specific stuff. I don’t like seeing the same run of the mill stuff in each store. It makes it not feel special. AND I WANT TO FEEL SPECIAL DAMN IT. … Sorry, sorry I need a moment with myself.

“Everything is alright. I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!”

…. As I was saying. It’s like those shops near the exit for Universal’s parks. Where theming is completely thrown out the window. Jaws is with Spongebob, Harry Potter is with the Simpsons. IT’S ANARCHY! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER… MASS HYSTERIA!

Snow Queen 83

I’d definitely like the store if it had a lot of resort specific stuff. I don’t like seeing the same run of the mill stuff in each store. It makes it not feel special. AND I WANT TO FEEL SPECIAL DAMN IT. … Sorry, sorry I need a moment with myself.

“Everything is alright. I'm Good Enough, I'm Smart Enough, and Doggone It, People Like Me!”

…. As I was saying. It’s like those shops near the exit for Universal’s parks. Where theming is completely thrown out the window. Jaws is with Spongebob, Harry Potter is with the Simpsons. IT’S ANARCHY! DOGS AND CATS LIVING TOGETHER… MASS HYSTERIA!

Yeah, I get what you’re saying… mostly.

I want people to see an item and know that I got it in the Egyptian store at The Great Egyptian Lodge. I don’t care if it says it on the shirt in bold letters. And if it’s expensive that can be on there as well… unless I’m in a bad neighborhood.

“Lookie who bought a shirt for 39 dollars. GET EM BOYS!”

oogie boogie man

I’d love to talk like that uppity guy on Gilligan’s Island while I brag about random things.

“Yes, me and Margot got this while visiting our 3rd home in Egypt. The one with the David Hasselhoff shaped pool.”

Last edited:

Goofy Ninja

I may sound like an alkie, but I immediately thought of the booze I could get. They can have different shaped bottles to fit the theming.

I don’t care if I’m drinking out of King Tut’s butt as long as it’s good and I can get a buzz.

jpinkc

I would love to stay here. I’m already picturing it in my mind. I’m sitting by the pool in a speedo while women (who are paid handsomely) feed me grapes.

It would be probably too much to ask for people to carry me around. I’m a little on the hefty side. … It would be a great way to get refills though.

“Excuse me Oogey’s coming through. … Servants shove that kid and old lady out of the way. I want an orange Fanta with no ice. …. I swear to God if you put ice I’ll go crazy.”

51P1WIOe0qL._AC_SX385_.jpg
Victor Buono he was funny.

The Great Gonzo

I may sound like an alkie, but I immediately thought of the booze I could get. They can have different shaped bottles to fit the theming.

I don’t care if I’m drinking out of King Tut’s butt as long as it’s good and I can get a buzz.
Now, I know why you rode that giraffe.

The robes could be cool. I could wear them around the resort. This way they won’t know (in a whisper➡️) I have nothing on underneath.. until I get to the pool.

HZ4r.gif

itsy bitsy spider

I don’t know if I saw it in an "Indy" movie or "Faces of Death". .... Well In one of those movies … or both they ate out of the head of a real fricking monkey. My dad insisted it wasn't real, but my crazy Uncle Jimmy insisted it was and he knew where we could see one.

Uncle Jimmy may not be a reliable source though because he once pointed a gun at his own brother and threatened to use it. Ahhhhh families. Well back to the movie, I watched it when I was a kid. But luckily it didn’t mess me up too much. Sure I p!ss my pants whenever I see a monkey, but besides that I'm perfectly normal.

Frankenstein79

I don’t know if I saw it in an "Indy" movie or "Faces of Death". .... Well In one of those movies … or both they ate out of the head of a real fricking monkey. My dad insisted it wasn't real, but my crazy Uncle Jimmy insisted it was and he knew where we could see one.

Uncle Jimmy may not be a reliable source though because he once pointed a gun at his own brother and threatened to use it. Ahhhhh families. Well back to the movie, I watched it when I was a kid. But luckily it didn’t mess me up too much. Sure I p!ss my pants whenever I see a monkey, but besides that I'm perfectly normal.

Sounds perfect for a family vacation. Knowing Florida they may think about it. "Anybody want a picture with the monkey before we kill it?”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom