• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Beastly Kingdom 5th Park (update on pg 10) (The Great Egyptian Lodge)

Goofy Ninja

I could live in the lobby.

I think Disney might have a problem with that though. Especially since I couldn’t shower and tend to snore (says my lying girlfriend).

That’s what the pool is for, you could leave a nice ring around it. You can wash and do all sorts of … other bodily functions as well. Disney doesn't mind.

I guess solids would be going too far though.

ClassicPossibleGypsymoth-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Snow Queen 83

I don’t know if this one could be as homie (as Animal and Wilderness) because of the stone walls and color scheme.

But I maybe wrong, it happens occasionally. Like when I said my butt didn’t look fat in those jeans. Even my reflection laughed at me. “Yeah right B!”

Frankenstein79

I don’t know if this one could be as homie (as Animal and Wilderness) because of the stone walls and color scheme.

But I maybe wrong, it happens occasionally. Like when I said my butt didn’t look fat in those jeans. Even my reflection laughed at me. “Yeah right B!”

I can see your point, they would probably need to build a huge window (like Animal and Wilderness has). This way you don’t feel claustrophobic and are clawing at the walls. Light could shine through on a certain spot like on “Indiana Jones”.

… But it would probably be best not to put a giant X on the floor of the lobby. People may try dig it up. Especially those people who have partaken in certain beverages at Food and Wine.

Like the drunk that climbed the pyramid in Mexico, the dumbass that jumped off a friendship boat and the db that got out of her boat to snatch a cucumber on “Living with the Land”.

(In other words the ones who would appear on Guy Fieri’s new show Drunks, Dumbasses and DB’s.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
It’s definitely a better idea than a nature resort with Tiana’s restaurant. Of course as long as it’s done right and not by someone who has worse taste than Goldmember.

I agree with the similar layout choice of Animal Kingdom. I’m not impressed with Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk’s layouts. It’s not enough of a step up from a HoJo’s with a free continental breakfast (hard donuts and old coffee).

HighlevelLawfulBellfrog-max-1mb.gif

The Lochness Monsta

It’s definitely a better idea than a nature resort with Tiana’s restaurant. Of course as long as it’s done right and not by someone who has worse taste than Goldmember.

I agree with the similar layout choice of Animal Kingdom. I’m not impressed with Yacht, Beach and Boardwalk’s layouts. It’s not enough of a step up from a HoJo’s with a free continental breakfast (hard donuts and old coffee).

Exactly what’s the nature in “The Princess and the Frog” anyways? A Louisiana swamp??? “Ahhhh the beautiful Gator infested waters of Louisiana…. how beautiful.

There’s a reason they keep placing people on “Naked and Afraid” and "XL" there. It isn't the best place to dip your toe in. Besides Tiana already has 2 perfect resorts for her hard working... tochus already, Riverside and French Quarter.

The Great Gonzo

First Tiana got specially themed rooms (at Riverside), then she took over Splash Mountain, now possibly a resort restaurant… with nature.

I saw her in the park the other day, I’ll tell you what she’s up to something. I asked her loudly in Liberty Square. “WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?” She looked at me like I was crazy, but she knows what I’m talking about.

What else does she want? Mickey’s job? Cinderella's Castle??? I know Disney wants to diversify, but things still have to make sense theming wise.

oogie boogie man

I wouldn't be surprised with the Woke world we are now currently living in. These people are worst than Hippies, at least they were about love. These people are about hate and playing the victim card.

Tiana's going to put Bambi and Thumper’s heads on the walls (of the nature resort) and walk around like she’s Conor Mc "fricking" Gregor.

giphy.webp

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

Egypt seems like a great theming, but it would be better if they had an IP attached to it. Like my momma used to say “There ain’t no fun without the mun (money) hun.” In fact that was the last thing she told me before those damn aliens got her.

Last edited:
Egypt seems like a great theming, but it would be better if they had an IP attached to it. Like my momma used to say “There ain’t no fun without the mun (money) hun.” In fact that was the last thing she told me before those damn aliens got her.

Why does it have to have an Ip? Some of the best rides don't have an Ip attached to it. Everything doesn’t have to have a sticker slapped on it to be great.

Like my favorite attraction Spaceship Earth. All I need is for it to entertain me with it's animatronics, hot Judi Dench and her sexy voice and my goofy mug (on a less muscular cartoon body).

itsy bitsy spider

Why does it have to have an Ip? Some of the best rides don't have an Ip attached to it. Everything doesn’t have to have a sticker slapped on it to be great.

Like my favorite attraction Spaceship Earth. All I need is for it to entertain me with it's animatronics, hot Judi Dench and her sexy voice and my goofy mug (on a less muscular cartoon body).

Guess what homedog? Disney wants to make money. Look at what they’ve been doing with the Poly, Contemp and Grand Flo.

They’re even putting in IP’s like Beauty and the Beast, that have no business being in Flo. Poor Flo is like

“GIT THEM OUT OF ME! GIT!”

Frankenstein79

Guess what homedog? Disney wants to make money. Look at what they’ve been doing with the Poly, Contemp and Grand Flo.

They’re even putting in IP’s like Beauty and the Beast, that have no business being in Flo. Poor Flo is like

“GIT THEM OUT OF ME! GIT!”

Not everything is IP related resort wise. Many of the resorts don’t have them. If I wasn’t so lazy I’d make a list of them right now. But I have better things to do... These Cheetos aren’t going to eat themselves.

Plus my 7th dwarf Boran Bronzemaker doesn’t have his mage armor yet and he looks like a complete idiot without it. All the other dwarves make fun of him over it.

mgid:arc:content:shared.southpark.us.en:871078f4-35f8-4ffd-9b26-156124e12e7d

itsy bitsy spider

Not everything is IP related resort wise. Many of the resorts don’t have them. If I wasn’t so lazy I’d make a list of them right now. But I have better things to do... These Cheetos aren’t going to eat themselves.

Plus my 7th dwarf Boran Bronzemaker doesn’t have his mage armor yet and he looks like a complete idiot without it. All the other dwarves make fun of him over it.

That’s because they haven’t figure out a way to integrate them… yet. Heck even the All Stars and POP are definitely IP resorts.

I’ve got no problem with it at all though, if it fits. People don’t want to have boring, plain rooms... unless they’re a boring, plain idiot.

“I love the way the white wall looks with the white bed and white sheets. If I see a hint of theming or color I’ll kill someone and blame it on the maid. … She probably can’t speak English anyways.” I joke, I joke.

The Great Gonzo

A Sphinx pool would be a cool, you could come out of the statues mouth. It could look like they’re puking you out. How appetizing.

I know what that’s like on a Friday night… okay I don’t... I just wanted to look cool. :cool:

Disneysource411

Old Market would be the name of the shop inside the main lobby of "The Great Egyptian Lodge". It of course would have resort specific items like pins and clothing. And cool refrigerators towards the back that look like sarcophagus'.

Last edited:

oogie boogie man

Old Market would be the name of the shop inside the main lobby of "The Great Egyptian Lodge".

The Merchandise…. could be amazing girlfriend.

I’d love to see the store for this place, it could be like a better version of the mummy store at Universal. With Disney characters in Ancient Egyptian garb like Pharaoh Mickey, Goofy wrapped in bandages, Donaldo the Snake Charmer… and other ideas I’ll remember later while sitting on the toilet.

Rambozo

Sounds like Disney will be taking more of my money. Which is tough to earn for a clown that doesn’t like kids.

AKL and Riversides stores are some of my favorites. I love the ones that really pull off a certain theming and doesn’t just put Mickey on a wall and call it a day.

I’m looking at you new Epcot store with the stupid name. There is no cause for celebration, unless you are on fire.

itsy bitsy spider

Finally I found another place to get my kinky egyptian merch. “The Naughty Sphinx” and “Over the Rainbow” went out of business eons ago.

Hey Cher and Tina Turner aren’t the only ones that can pull off a beaded wig and heels. A 28 year old hairy white man with an ungroomed belly can pull it off too.

Probably best to keep the cheek less pants at home though. Especially for "Boo Bash" at the Magic Kingdom.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
I like looking around the Disney stores, but I wouldn’t want to buy anything. The stuff is way too expensive for my cobwebbed wallet.

I’m the cheapskate that gets you a magnet as a vacation gift. The cheap kind too where the characters look a little off and it always falls off your fridge.

From one of those knockoff Irlo Bronson shops, with the overly attentive owner that hasn’t slept in 7 years.

3742043_606939dd22.jpg

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

Sounds like Disney will be taking more of my money. Which is tough to earn for a clown that doesn’t like kids.

AKL and Riversides stores are some of my favorites. I love the ones that really pull off a certain theming and doesn’t just put Mickey on a wall and call it a day.

I’m looking at you new Epcot store with the stupid name. There is no cause for celebration, unless you are on fire.

It would be nice to have an Egyptian store that is a decent size. (Like the ladies I prefer to date.)

All the stores in the Universal parks seem smaller than Harry Potter’s original bedroom (under the stairs) and Hagrid’s Hut (Lucius Malfoy - “You call this a house!”)

I feel like I’m a "Prisoner of Azkaban" when I’m in them.

I like looking around the Disney stores, but I wouldn’t want to buy anything. The stuff is way too expensive for my cobwebbed wallet.

I’m the cheapskate that gets you a magnet as a vacation gift. The cheap kind too where the characters look a little off and it always falls off your fridge.

From one of those knockoff Irlo Bronson shops, with the overly attentive owners that hasn’t slept in 7 years.

LOL, yeah I’m a magnet (cheap/thrifty) guy too.

I don’t mind getting them in a Disney store (if there isn't too many people). It’s one of the cheapest gifts you can get. … That is until Disney catches on. I’m sure Cheapcheck will raise the prices and act like he’s doing us a favor though.

Bob Chapek - “See if they’ll pay 20 for a magnet. We’ll even throw in a disposable plastic… I mean recyclable bag ... for 4 human dollars.”

I still say he’s one of the observers from the show “Fringe”. He looks like he watches other people to see how real humans act.

Bob Chapek - “Oh this is a joke... ha..ha..ha.”

07a1545113c87136d8ac628b8e5c9a73.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom