• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Beastly Kingdom 5th Park (update on pg 10) (The Great Egyptian Lodge)

The Lochness Monsta

You never know he could be related to him. The Hick from French Lick probably got around. Especially around Indiana and New England in the 1980’s.

My sister knew a guy who knew kung fu, who babysat a kid who stole a car from a guy, who pumped gas for Larry Bird’s second cousin’s friend.

Whoa!!! What a small world. I'm that kid that stole the car.

Disneysource411

One of my favorite ideas of the Beastly Dominion project is the idea for the adjacent resort. It would be located in back of the Beastly Dominion park.

The Great Egyptian Lodge

It would look similar to Animal Kingdom lodge, but with an Egyptian theming throughout the resort. The main building would be called Em Hotep and have large statues of Pharoah’s on each side of the main lobby.

The sections consist of various animal names
  • Camel
  • Donkey
  • Cat
  • Scarab Beetle
With viewing areas for Camels, Donkeys, Ibis, Horses and Antelopes that would actually be on property. Each area would look different from one another, because the walls would be adorned with drawings, paintings and items celebrating it’s section’s particular creature.

The dining at the resort would consist of various Egyptian delicacies
  • The Oasis (QS)
  • Hiero’s (Buffet)
  • The Pharaoh’s Sufra (Table)
  • Thebes (Signature)
  • Mirage Bar (Pool Bar)
Unlike Animal Kingdom park there would be alternate transportations. A train would be stationed at the front of the resort that would usher guests to Beastly Dominion. It would be similar to the one currently in Africa at Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

I love the idea for this resort.

G.E.L. sounds like it would have a unique museum feel to it. I could definitely see it being a highly visited resort (like it’s sister resort Animal) if done right. If it was just like Animal, but Egyptian that would be ultracool. Because Animal is one of my favorite resorts.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster

G.E.L. sounds like it would have a unique museum feel to it. I could definitely see it being a highly visited resort (like it’s sister resort Animal) if done right. If it was just like Animal, but Egyptian that would be ultracool. Because Animal is one of my favorite resorts.

Yeah, me too. AKL doesn’t seem to have as many drunks as the Magic Kingdom area ones. Perhaps it’s the resorts location out in the boondocks. Because it feels way more quiet than the other big dogs on property.

Thank God it doesn’t get as many drunks. I wouldn’t want to see some naked guy trying to ride a Giraffe around the resort.

The Great Gonzo

As the Great Gonzo I know what Great entails. The Egyptian Lodge will have to be spectacular, amazing and with a sprinkle of awesome to live up to it’s name. It can’t be just okay or even good. … I know, I’ve seen things not live up to their name before.

Like at the end of “Wizard of Oz” when Dorothy and the gang found out Oz (the great and powerful) was just some creepy old guy. Who put their lives in mortal danger for no good reason. I was halfhoping the Lion would freak out and maul him.

oogie boogie man

I would love to stay here. I’m already picturing it in my mind. I’m sitting by the pool in a speedo while women (who are paid handsomely) feed me grapes.

It would be probably too much to ask for people to carry me around. I’m a little on the hefty side. … It would be a great way to get refills though.

“Excuse me Oogey’s coming through. … Servants shove that kid and old lady out of the way. I want an orange Fanta with no ice. …. I swear to God if you put ice I’ll go crazy.”

51P1WIOe0qL._AC_SX385_.jpg

Last edited:

Rambozo

Disney just has to put in the details and stay away from whoever decided that plain and boring means classy. Those people suck and their taste is up their *****.

Theming should make you feel like you are in a certain city, country or even planet. Not a mental asylum or alternate reality where color doesn't exist.

itsy bitsy spider

Disney just has to put in the details and stay away from whoever decided that plain and boring means classy. Those people suck and their taste is up their *****.

Theming should make you feel like you are in a certain city, country or even planet. Not a mental asylum or alternate reality where color doesn't exist.

That’s true even if I had the money I wouldn’t stay at Grand Floridian it looks like my grandma’s house. … well if she was currently still alive and not rotten away in Greenlawn Cemetery. … but you get the point.

Miss you Nanna

PrinceCharming617

(I’ve decided to speak in street for this post)

Homies, the lobby could be off the hook.

Picture the large statues and hieroglyphics everywhere yo. And random cases with weird, but cool Egyptian stuff in it like A.K.L. has in their Hizzy.

It makes me as giddy as a chubby schoolboy at a Golden Corral “Chocolate Wonderfall” just thinking about it dogs.

(If you need a translation see Mouse and Boo Boo behind the Dunkin on River Street)

Frankenstein79

Yeah I love the idea too, it could be what Hollywood Studios is for old Hollywood. The Egypt that may never have been, but will always be. A glamorized version that has been shown in countless movies.

And not the one filled with criminals, bums and evil monkeys. Give me the blue pill Morpheus. I don't give a rat's *** if it's real or not, it's better.

The-Agent-and-The-Red-Pill-in-Medicine2.jpg

The Great Gonzo

They could have fun activities like wrap your kid up like a Mummy. And if they are being really bad you can stick them in a Sarcophagus (Coffins) for an hour. I suppose… air vents may have to be put in for the latter one though.

… Unless you really want to scare them straight like Prison Mike. Poor guy had to deal with Dementors and Gruel Sandwiches.

tenor.gif

P.S. "Don't drop the soap! Don't drop the soap!"

Snow Queen 83

I think it could rival Wilderness and Animal’s lobbies. With the giant statues on each side of the great hall. It could be like the totem poles in Wilderness, but with fine art like Animal.

Plus as an added bonus I can finally walk like an Egyptian. People would probably look at me weird though. Especially millennials and zoomers, who haven’t heard of “The Bangles” before.

But it would be totally worth it.

The Lochness Monsta

I think it could rival Wilderness and Animal’s lobbies. With the giant statues on each side of the great hall. It could be like the totem poles in Wilderness, but with fine art like Animal.

Plus as an added bonus I can finally walk like an Egyptian. People would probably look at me weird though. Especially millennials and zoomers, who haven’t heard of “The Bangles” before.

But it would be totally worth it.

It’s alright they’ll probably be looking down at their phones. There could be a Jerry Bruckheimer-like explosion right next to them and they wouldn’t see it. They’re like my grandma (Mrs Magoo) behind the wheel of her car.

“That turtle, brightly colored construction worker and slow moving humongous truck came out of nowhere.”

oogie boogie man

It would be cool if the Pharaoh statues looked like Goofy and Pluto. This way you get Egypt, but also Disney theming. Like they do at Wilderness with the totem pole of Mickey and the gang… and some random bear.

The bear is like the character on Star Trek who is sent to explore an alien planet with the regular crew members.

“Who will not survive today’s episode boys and girls? Captain Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Bones or Ralph (a character so meaningless they didn’t bother to give him a last name)?”

Redshirt_characters_from_Star_Trek.jpg

PrinceCharming617

The bear is like the character on Star Trek who is sent to explore an alien planet with the regular crew members.

“Who will not survive today’s episode boys and girls? Captain Kirk, Spock, Uhura, Bones or Ralph (a character so meaningless they didn’t bother to give him a last name)?”

LOL, they always seem to give them red shirts too. I guess blood is hard to wash out of inappropriately tight space shirts.

Rambozo

I could live in the lobby.

I think Disney might have a problem with that though. Especially since I couldn’t shower and tend to snore (says my lying girlfriend).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom