Bear in the Big Blue House

TheSchindys

Original Poster
Our trip is planned for Feb 6-12, can anyone tell me if BITBBH will still be playing at MGM?
I heard there was something else going into playhouse when Bear was done but no date as to when.

THANKS!

DisneyDadMark

The show is no longer Bear only. That ended around the beginning of this year, as the official contract with Henson began its last year. The show is currently Playhouse Disney, which includes Bear in the Big Blue House, Rolie Polie Olie, Stanley, and Book of Pooh. This gives Disney leverage with Henson, who can no longer threaten that MGM will lose an attraction if Disney doesn't cave in during negotiations. I would assume that, if Disney and Henson come to terms on extending the Bear contract, the show will remain as is (or mostly similar) by the time February comes around. If they don't come to terms, Bear will probably be replaced by another Playhouse Disney show. In the meantime, you should watch for the Bear in the Big Blue House Live! show (http://www.bearinthebigbluehouselive.com) to come to your town, if your kids are really into it. It was probably the best-done kids show we've taken our son to yet. (It's an expanded version of the Tutter's surprise birthday episode.)

Figaro

DisneyDadMark, is that also why they haven't had any new episodes in a loooonnnngggg time on the Disney Channel? I am getting so tired of the same shows.

DisneyDadMark

Figaro, according to the www.bearinthebigbluehouse.com web site, they filmed their 100th episode in January as part of their 4th season. I don't know if they've begun showing those episodes yet, but it's possible that the fourth season may be part of the negotiations for continuing, renegotiating, or terminating the agreement between Henson and Disney. I would guess that we'll see some kind of press release in the next few months.

(I can't help feeling that I've seen Noel McNeill's (Bear) name in conjunction with some other project in the meantime.)

2much2do

Originally posted by DisneyDadMark
This gives Disney leverage with Henson, who can no longer threaten that MGM will lose an attraction if Disney doesn't cave in during negotiations.

Slightly off topic, but what about Muppet Vision 3-D???????

DisneyDadMark

Haven't heard anything on that lately. I can't recall whether the contract on that is up soon, or if it was a separate, permanent license. If I hear any updated info, I'll post it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom