News Beaches & Cream closing Aug 5 for refurb and expansion

dawnfire

Original Poster
They took some space from Ariel's and the old arcade area. It's definitely an expansion. I was pleasantly surprised by the inside. I was expecting more of the generic non-themed trend of late, but to me it looks like a more modern version of the old space. They are not open for guests today but should open for walk up tomorrow from what my husband was saying last night.

Parker in NYC

That’s what I like about WL: they redid it (and I like what they did; trees will grow in) but didn’t expand the resort by much. I think the physical building is safe for another 20 years at least.

I worry about BoardWalk. It’s looking dated and needs a significant update soon. Hope they don’t ruin it. The pool needs serious work but I fear they’ll remove its character.

Ew. No. The Boardwalk looks fabulous. Update the pool but don't touch anything else.

I have spoken.

hpyhnt 1000

Definitely a lot more space, but as is typical of these refubs, we've lost a lot charm and details. Hopefully more items are added back to the walls in the coming weeks.

Also, I don't know who chose that new floor tile but it is horribly out of place in a restaurant purporting to be an old fashioned soda fountain.

New:
1577207563506.png

Old (from the WDW website):
1577207412077.png

surfsupdon

Says it took away part of the arcade. Is some arcade still in existence? Or is it used for something else.

Also, there is a glass structure built between the bar top and the kitchen. I understand the reasoning, but prefer the open feel of the original bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom