News Beaches & Cream closing Aug 5 for refurb and expansion

pasq13

Reservations are already open, but It looks like there is currently no availability (for the expanded August dates)

Do you know if the dates were originally blocked off? We're going 8/7-8/16 and didn't even bother trying to make a reservation knowing it was going to be closed. I tried every date we are there is there is no availability. How can it be booked already if they just announced the extended timeline? I called and the representative I talked to wasn't much help. She did not know if it just wasn't opened up yet or if it was actually full.

jaxj21

Do you know if the dates were originally blocked off? We're going 8/7-8/16 and didn't even bother trying to make a reservation knowing it was going to be closed. I tried every date we are there is there is no availability. How can it be booked already if they just announced the extended timeline? I called and the representative I talked to wasn't much help. She did not know if it just wasn't opened up yet or if it was actually full.
They were originally blocked off. I recall it being mentioned around the six month mark where dates had stopped expanding for B&C.

They seem to have times available now though.

pasq13

They were originally blocked off. I recall it being mentioned around the six month mark where dates had stopped expanding for B&C.

They seem to have times available now though.
Yes, thanks. I kept checking this morning and eventually it was opened up and got a reservation.

Aries1975

I admire you brave souls. I have sat at the bar many times and watched them prepared, but I have never been able to order one.
First, for the purists, I admit that this photo is of the chocolate one. But if you split it 4 ways and acknowledge that it is a meal, it is definitely the best "ice cream for dinner."

Lilofan

I admire you brave souls. I have sat at the bar many times and watched them prepared, but I have never been able to order one.
Could not finish it. Got 3/4 done then had some serious stomach ache. Admire anyone who can finish the kitchen sink by themselves. But a good time trying to finish one.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, November 2, 2019. Old news, but here are a few pictures. The construction wall in front of Beaches and Cream takes up half the width of the covered promenade.

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2515.JPG

IMG_2516.JPG

Ariel's, between Beaches and Cream and Martha's Vineyard, is the temporary ice cream shop. Not much traffic here on a Saturday night.

IMG_2517.JPG

You order from the cash register in the front, the order is filled from the bar (in the background) and you pick up your order from the bar.

IMG_2518.JPG

JusticeDisney

I’m sorry if it has been reported somewhere in this thread (I’m pretty lazy, lol), but has an approximate date been given as to when the refurbed B&C is going to open?

Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
I’m sorry if it has been reported somewhere in this thread (I’m pretty lazy, lol), but has an approximate date been given as to when the refurbed B&C is going to open?

Thanks!

Originally it was supposed to be done by December. But the refurb was pushed back a bit, so my guess is it may not re-open before Christmas. Haven’t seen anything else about it.

Animaniac93-98

Photo update as of Saturday, November 2, 2019. Old news, but here are a few pictures. The construction wall in front of Beaches and Cream takes up half the width of the covered promenade.

View attachment 422689

View attachment 422690

View attachment 422691

Ariel's, between Beaches and Cream and Martha's Vineyard, is the temporary ice cream shop. Not much traffic here on a Saturday night.

View attachment 422692

You order from the cash register in the front, the order is filled from the bar (in the background) and you pick up your order from the bar.

View attachment 422693

😮

Wow, seeing Ariel's open to the public is so weird. Been a long time since that's happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom