Beach or Yacht Club

PaulJude

Original Poster
Hello,
We are trying to decide between the two hotels. We know the Yacht Club was recently redone. Any thoughts on how recently the Beach Club hotel was redone? Thanks Paul

Zé_Carioca

Beach club was renovated a little bit before Yacht Club so both have new-ish rooms.

They are both very similar and literally right next to each other so there is not really a wrong choice as you can spend time at both, they share a pool and amenities.

I stayed at Beach and it came down to me finding the Yacht club's aesthetic to be too dark plus that was right after the beach club renovations while Yacht was still to be renovated.

Have you visited them? If not the beach club uses lighter colors and is more "fun" (it is still a deluxe so it is an elegant fun) while the yacht club has darker colors and a fancier vibe. I will say that having seen both renovated rooms I do love the detail in the Yacht rooms with the disney character constellation curtains.

Kristopher Rannells

Have stayed at both the last 2 years. Although very similar, we preferred BC, but our room had much more convenient access and better view than at YC and I'm sure this played a part as our BC room had a perfect view of the Boardwalk and was very close to the lobby. Both have their advantages over the obvious close proximity of BC to Epcot and YC to HS. YC is closer to the dock if you plan to use the boats for transportation and was closer to storm along bay. BC is closer to Cape May Café and to us had a more vibe.

KTK

We have stayed at YC three times including the past two trips and BC twice. Another advantage is YC is the first bus pickup and drop off, BC is second. So in the early morning, buses are always empty when it pulls into YC. I disagree with some of the theme comments. We have three teens ages 14, 14, and 13 and they like YC slightly better than BC. Either way, you can't go wrong with YC or BC. We tend to look at them as one big continuous hotel.

DISR

Theming aside, the YC has better rooms and real balconies....I think they are the best designed rooms on property. The BC has more/better parking if you are driving yourself. BC is a bit closer to EP, but the difference isn't enough for me to make that a deciding factor. As someone else mentioned, YC is the first stop on the buses.

SeaCastle

Beach is 500 feet closer to EPCOT but some degree noisier with the public areas. Yacht is farther away and slightly quieter. You can't go wrong with either one but Yacht is a touch more geared to the convention crowd and Beach is a touch more geared towards families.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I love both but prefer the YC as we are 2 adults with no children and find the YC to be a bit quieter. Plus I really like having a full balcony which is only guaranteed at the YC.

correcaminos

The Beach Club is great and I stay there often with DVC, but I happen to like YC better. I like the themes and the lobby and food offerings better. Not that you cannot easily walk from one to the other (we do it often) but if I had to pick, YC wins.

wdwfan22

The Yacht Club has the better rooms of the two resorts and is normally a little cheaper. The Yacht Club also has real balconies compared to the Beach Club. The Yacht Club has a darker lobby but the rooms and hallways are just as light as Beach Club. As far as resort amenities go the resorts are connected so it wasn't a problem for us. The Yacht Club has better food options in my opinion than the Beach Club. I prefer the Ale & Compass lounge/table service restaurant for breakfast. The Yachtsman Steakhouse is great to. The Gift shop at the yacht club has more higher end clothing than over at the Beach Club which is more family friendly. We are not buffet people so Cape May over at the Beach Club doesn't appeal to us. However all resort ammenities are within walking distance so for me it comes down to which one is offering the best rate.

pj4963

Thinking about booking Yacht Club but I read they accept dogs. Now I don't hate dogs so please do',t throw me under the bus My question is do they have a special area for dogs and owners?
My concern is if we come back to the room during the day will the dogs bark, Most dogs do when they hear noise.
Anyone care to share any info. thank you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom