Beach Club!

KTK

My family and I are staying at the Beach club this may! We are super excited! What are some things we should know or fun things to do at the beach club before our vacation?
Congrats, excellent choice! The Epcot resorts especially Yacht and Beach are the best. The pool is great so be sure to enjoy it. Walking to Epcot is so nice and easy. You are the second stop from Hollywood Studios going by boat. Be sure to enjoy the restaurants - Cape May Cafe (breakfast characters), Beaches and Cream, and Ale and Compass are all delicious. Have fun!

miggymouz

Original Poster
Congrats, excellent choice! The Epcot resorts especially Yacht and Beach are the best. The pool is great so be sure to enjoy it. Walking to Epcot is so nice and easy. You are the second stop from Hollywood Studios going by boat. Be sure to enjoy the restaurants - Cape May Cafe (breakfast characters), Beaches and Cream, and Ale and Compass are all delicious. Have fun!
Thank you so much! We will definitely enjoy the character breakfast!

BethG

We were originally planning on BC this summer, but I decided on Copper Creek instead. My son was disappointed. When I asked why, he said he really wanted to go back to Beaches & Cream. So, we will be going there on an Epcot day!

When we stayed there last, we enjoyed eating dinner in Epcot on several nights and then walking back to the resort. It was so convenient and a great way to end the day.

NeedMoreMickey

Entertaining Epcot through the International Gateway early in the morning is great. In January I was able to get some nice pictures of France and UK without anyone in the shot. Went to France for breakfast carried my coffee over to a table outside of the UK pub and enjoyed the morning.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
The Marketplace offers a good selection of quick-pick foods that can save you time if you're in a hurry to eat, or if you just want something light you can carry back up to your room. It's right by the elevators just off the lobby.

mbtohill

The Beach Club pool is IMO the best on property, if you haven't planned for a "pool day" you should. As others have mentioned walking to and from EPCOT is so easy. Also, nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk is fun to watch. We are heading back to the Beach Club in August, already counting the days

bunnyman

Stayed there this past October, and have stayed there many times in the past. We were unexpectedly upgraded to Club Level, which was fantastic. There are many great places to eat within the complex between the two resorts (BC & YC), and as noted above the pool complex is awesome; great place to spend a down day ,or arrival/departure day if you don't want to go to the parks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We were originally planning on BC this summer, but I decided on Copper Creek instead. My son was disappointed. When I asked why, he said he really wanted to go back to Beaches & Cream. So, we will be going there on an Epcot day!

When we stayed there last, we enjoyed eating dinner in Epcot on several nights and then walking back to the resort. It was so convenient and a great way to end the day.
Not sure when you are visiting in the summer, but be aware of a refurb.

correcaminos

The Marketplace offers a good selection of quick-pick foods that can save you time if you're in a hurry to eat, or if you just want something light you can carry back up to your room. It's right by the elevators just off the lobby.

If you mean items that aren't from the QS area, I agree with you. From the QS portion? The selection sucks now.

The quiet pools at the BC are fantastic so if you go and SAB is slammed (and it often is during warmer months) the quiet pools are better for enjoying.

Be sure to remember there are great food options at Swan and Dolphin. Best ice cream is at Ample Hills (sorry to B&C lovers, but it's only Edy's ice cream).

The walk to the French Bakery (Les Halles...) is a nice one and we often go there for dinner instead of the QS locations at the resorts.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Stormalong Bay is fantastic. The arts and crafts room (just down the hall a bit from the QS/sundry area) was a hit with my wife and daughter. They made salt scrubs and painted potter last time. The pottery was fired in kiln and we picked it up before we left. I think they still have a little shack down by the beach where you can get your own pearl out of an oyster if you didn't want to that in Japan in EPCOT. The food at Hurricane Hanna's is good, but avoid the citrus lobster roll thing. Only thing that isn't good. I can't believe they found a way to ruin a lobster roll. Beaches and Cream is good. Good photo spot with with an Ariel statue in the DVC courtyard that is nearest the main resort pull through. They are faster than the other deluxe resorts with luggage delivery in my experience. You can walk to DHS as well. It isn't too hard to find the path behind the Boardwalk. You'll get hit by two mini waterfalls when you go down the main slide. I've been down every slide at every WDW resort that has one and the speed and angle of the Stormalong Bay slide means that blowing air out your noise when you hit the water is a must. Walk around the Boardwalk.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
If you mean items that aren't from the QS area, I agree with you. From the QS portion? The selection sucks now.
Um, the Bounty Platter is the Bounty Platter; we liked the option of salad or sandwich. The soups were just fine, and we also liked the flatbread pizzas. Note that we were there last September, so the menu may have changed since then.

correcaminos

Um, the Bounty Platter is the Bounty Platter; we liked the option of salad or sandwich. The soups were just fine, and we also liked the flatbread pizzas. Note that we were there last September, so the menu may have changed since then.

I've been staying there over the course of many years. They used to offer sandwiches and such for lunch and dinner in addition to other items. They had gelato that was amazing too. All of that is gone. Now the only options are salad, soup, or flatbread at lunch/dinner. There is one turkey kids meal sandwich available. It used to be soooo much more. I find the QS there to be severely limited now compared to what it used to be.

There are better options to be had in the grocery portion. Just my views after being there over many years.

I will say I just looked up Hurricane Hanna's and am pleasantly surprised. The food options are greater than last year, and the food portion is no longer under such limited hours (at one point it closed at 6pm which IMO is too early). So maybe they're trying to expand that again. Hope they take that hint for Marketplace ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom