Beach Club

Yenfid

Original Poster
Looking at Beach Club for my next trip in May. I've never been here before and need so help. What type of room would you choose, water or standard?, location? Also, what is the Quick Service place to eat. Can you watch the fireworks from Epcot somewhere from the resort? This is the first time we will be staying at a Deluxe Resort, we were looking either Broadwalk, Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club and have decided on Beach Club.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I personally like the Garden view rooms. I was able to see the lake a bit too. I believe if you go to the beach you can see some of the fireworks. :)
Quick service there isn't a standard one in the resort, there is the Beach Club Marketplace which has some hot sandwiches but also has gifts and groceries since it is a DVC resort. You can walk across the resort to the Yacht Club and go to the Market at Ale and Compass which, in my opinion has better options for sandwiches and coffee. I loved their Mochas!
Plus it is a super quick walk to the boardwalk and I love getting a pizza from the Pizza Window there.

What I love best though, its so close the Epcot, I walked in one night on my last trip, just to go to the Paris pavilion to get ice cream and walked back to my room to eat it lol.

DisneyJoe

Quick Service food - Beach Club Marketplace for food or Beaches and Cream or Hurricane Hanna's (pool area) or go to the Boardwalk Bakery or Pizzaria

Dave B

The only set back, and I mean only in my opinion, is the lack of Quick Service, there is not a lot, just keep that in mind, they have a snack area, but not a lot of options for QS

SeaCastle

Very nice choice, Beach Club was my favorite before Boardwalk took its place!

You can't really go wrong with the view at BC, the standard room views are quite nice, facing the canal and the parking lot. Garden views typically face the forest or facing an interior courtyard. The water views are nice but I'd recommend requesting a room number range (not sure if you can still do that) ending 641-645, 683-689, 559-565 which are closer to the lake, if you're set back somewhat you get a narrower view of the lake. For water views, room ranges 515-527 are farthest from the main lobby and pool and are considered water views even though it's more of a pool view and you get an oblique view of the lake (use the map here from Disboards:
BC%20Floor%20Map%201%202%203.jpg
)

Catching fireworks is tricky, the forest to the east of BC blocks the view, you might be able to see it through the trees or from either of the bridges that goes over the lake(b/w BC and BW or b/w YC and Swan/Dolphin).

correcaminos

The only set back, and I mean only in my opinion, is the lack of Quick Service, there is not a lot, just keep that in mind, they have a snack area, but not a lot of options for QS

Especially since they dialed back on the menu at the Marketplace. I don't always feel like fighting pool people for QS, but Marketplace options are sad at best now in terms of selection.

Though the new QS at Yacht Club seems so much better!

JusticeDisney

Excellent choice with the Beach Club! I honestly think you will love it there. The above posters pretty much said it all when it comes to QS. As for fireworks viewing, I will add that you can see the HS fireworks really well if you have the right room.

Enjoy your vacation!

JusticeDisney

Especially since they dialed back on the menu at the Marketplace. I don't always feel like fighting pool people for QS, but Marketplace options are sad at best now in terms of selection.

Though the new QS at Yacht Club seems so much better!
Helena, that’s a bummer to hear. How has it been dialed back? I was last there in June and to be honest I didn’t really notice much difference. Then again, I’m not normally deemed the most perceptive guy in the world, lol!

correcaminos

Helena, that’s a bummer to hear. How has it been dialed back? I was last there in June and to be honest I didn’t really notice much difference. Then again, I’m not normally deemed the most perceptive guy in the world, lol!

It's effectively pizza or salad your way. A couple of soups too. Kid's meal options are only pizza or turkey sandwich. No more sandwiches for adults or anything else that was good. They do have some cookies/muffins/bagels but those are just sitting out available at all times. I don't think it's changed since June, but more of how little it has begun to offer in the last couple of years.

Of course I still miss the gelato which will date me, but it's just now to a point where unless I want a pizza, it's not worth going there.

I'mwatchinguWizowski

We are staying there for the first time this Christmas now I’m reconsidering:( We use quick service for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. So it’s not your traditional QS place?

The Pho

We are staying there for the first time this Christmas now I’m reconsidering:( We use quick service for breakfast and sometimes for dinner. So it’s not your traditional QS place?
For Breakfast, you are better off going to the Boardwalk Bakery anyways, because it has some real good stuff. Then for lunch and dinner, there are multiple places along the Boardwalk then the ones inside the 3 hotels on the Boardwalk, plus the options at Swan and Dolphin (mostly Picabu for quick service). All within a couple minutes walk of the hotel. Epcot is also right there for food options. That's not really something to worry about in that area.

Weather_Lady

No, it isn't - the menu is super-limited, much more so than your typical food-court-esque Disney resort CS. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/beach-club-marketplace/

Unless the BC Marketplace menu satisfies your needs, I'd suggest either bringing your own breakfast goodies from home (e.g., Pop Tarts, granola bars, bagels, fruit, etc.) or planning to grab breakfast in the park where you're headed for the day. As far as dinners go though, you've got tons of options (at least, if you have a parkhopper ticket or used a MYW ticket to go to Epcot that day): Beach Club is just a few minutes' walking distance from many wonderful CS eateries in Epcot's World Showcase (or if you prefer, some additional options at the other Epcot-area resorts around the lake), so you needn't rely on BC/YC for that.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Breakfast is actually better IMO than lunch/dinner. You can also easily get to the bakery at Boardwalk or Picabu at Dolphin. There is also the QS at YC for limited breakfast and a better lunch and dinner
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...le-and-compass-market/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

NeedMoreMickey

For our first trip in September we got Mickey waffles for breakfast at Beach Club. Also tried the breakfast sandwich one morning and it wasn’t so great. Second trip 10 days later and the breakfast sandwich was nice. Guess it depends on timing.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Looking at Beach Club for my next trip in May. I've never been here before and need so help. What type of room would you choose, water or standard?, location? Also, what is the Quick Service place to eat. Can you watch the fireworks from Epcot somewhere from the resort? This is the first time we will be staying at a Deluxe Resort, we were looking either Broadwalk, Wilderness Lodge or Beach Club and have decided on Beach Club.
Water view, if it overlooks Storm Along Bay, can be noisy especially late in the evening.

I'mwatchinguWizowski

Hmmm. Thanks very for the replies!! We normally stay at poly or gf and enjoy having a nicer qs place to grab things at. Plus my 14 yo will walk over and get a drink and grab something to eat to get a break from the fam, as we drive him crazy all of a sudden:cautious:. So although walking over somewhere else is an option I do like having qs readily available. So now I’m torn if we should switch to another resort.

correcaminos

Hmmm. Thanks very for the replies!! We normally stay at poly or gf and enjoy having a nicer qs place to grab things at. Plus my 14 yo will walk over and get a drink and grab something to eat to get a break from the fam, as we drive him crazy all of a sudden:cautious:. So although walking over somewhere else is an option I do like having qs readily available. So now I’m torn if we should switch to another resort.

I would never switch for that reason alone. Between the QS at BC and YC (connected and not any further than GF or Polynesian buildings) you will be fine. Just that the Marketplace lost some of its options. It does have a lot of grocery items too for food options. Ale and Compass Marketplace was a good addition since the BC marketplace was lacking in warm QS options.

You have 2 options at BC and 1 good one for QS at YC for a teen to walk to.

Hockey89

There are plenty of places to eat near the BW... YC is connected... The boardwalk is not far... Epcot and MGM are all walking distance...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
And don't forget that on your Epcot days, you can stroll into France and get delightful French-influenced pastries, sandwiches and drinks for breakfast, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom