Beach Club Villas let down, again.

Daddyoh

Original Poster
As a DVC member with our home base at the BCV's I have to say how disappointing vacationing here has become. In our fourteen years we can't help but watch the deteriorating conditions within the rooms. Appliances broken and not working and when you call, the new line is that engineering can't replace nor have replacement parts to make repairs.You want to know why ? because of the upcoming refurbishments that is already more then 6 months delayed and questionable as to when they may commence. As Disney has stated that such refurbishments are already have begun to take place, I say "BULL". I have scoured all floors here at the villas and there is NO WORK being done what so ever. Don't remind me of the new hall carpeting which already on some floors look as if they have seen better days. Sure the outside appears fresh since it has been recently painted not to long ago and the grounds are well up kept, unfortunately I can't say that about my "HOME". All owner annual meetings are usually during the Christmas season, they will not and are not streamed so that members that can't attend at least could have a forum to raise their concerns. I'm betting that a majority of deed holders at the BCV's aren't attending them either. I have specifically requested printed minutes for this past one and I'm still waiting. The lackadaisical approach that Disney has responded to a simplest of request as having their TV Guide Ch #3 updated to display various programming rather then "Regular Schedule" (the last 4 days) listed for mostly all channels other then Disney of course exemplifies their poor efforts to maintain Walt's original high ideals. This would not be much of an issue if the weather wasn't approaching freezing temperatures at night, then what is there to do other then watch your favorite shows and stay warm. We are planning a rather large family gathering which we are hosting in August and as happy and proud I was once about my ownership at the Beach Club Villas, makes me very sad that any improvements more then likely won't even occur within that 7 months. The return here to the drab outdated "HOME" is disheartening. This is not what I was lead to believe my investment was going to provide me and my family. Disney is very cognizant when are dues are needed, maybe they should be withheld until some marked improvements are done rather then just the rhetoric.

wdwfan100

As a DVC member with our home base at the BCV's I have to say how disappointing vacationing here has become. In our fourteen years we can't help but watch the deteriorating conditions within the rooms. Appliances broken and not working and when you call, the new line is that engineering can't replace nor have replacement parts to make repairs.You want to know why ? because of the upcoming refurbishments that is already more then 6 months delayed and questionable as to when they may commence. As Disney has stated that such refurbishments are already have begun to take place, I say "BULL". I have scoured all floors here at the villas and there is NO WORK being done what so ever. Don't remind me of the new hall carpeting which already on some floors look as if they have seen better days. Sure the outside appears fresh since it has been recently painted not to long ago and the grounds are well up kept, unfortunately I can't say that about my "HOME". All owner annual meetings are usually during the Christmas season, they will not and are not streamed so that members that can't attend at least could have a forum to raise their concerns. I'm betting that a majority of deed holders at the BCV's aren't attending them either. I have specifically requested printed minutes for this past one and I'm still waiting. The lackadaisical approach that Disney has responded to a simplest of request as having their TV Guide Ch #3 updated to display various programming rather then "Regular Schedule" (the last 4 days) listed for mostly all channels other then Disney of course exemplifies their poor efforts to maintain Walt's original high ideals. This would not be much of an issue if the weather wasn't approaching freezing temperatures at night, then what is there to do other then watch your favorite shows and stay warm. We are planning a rather large family gathering which we are hosting in August and as happy and proud I was once about my ownership at the Beach Club Villas, makes me very sad that any improvements more then likely won't even occur within that 7 months. The return here to the drab outdated "HOME" is disheartening. This is not what I was lead to believe my investment was going to provide me and my family. Disney is very cognizant when are dues are needed, maybe they should be withheld until some marked improvements are done rather then just the rhetoric.

I am starting to fall into this category myself. I know, I no longer recommend DVC ownership as an option to people I know. If I am asked about my ownership, I am very candid telling the good and the bad ( which lately is a growing list). Hopefully the refurb on BCV will start soon. I too am bringing a significant group with me at the end of the year. Of course if the refurb is not done, than we probably won't go. We will need the 5 person studios. If the refurb isn't done, than I will try to switch. I just doubt I will be able to get in anywhere else at the 7 month mark.

Daddyoh

Original Poster
I am starting to fall into this category myself. I know, I no longer recommend DVC ownership as an option to people I know. If I am asked about my ownership, I am very candid telling the good and the bad ( which lately is a growing list). Hopefully the refurb on BCV will start soon. I too am bringing a significant group with me at the end of the year. Of course if the refurb is not done, than we probably won't go. We will need the 5 person studios. If the refurb isn't done, than I will try to switch. I just doubt I will be able to get in anywhere else at the 7 month mark.
For some reason we received an e-mail from Disney stating and confirming that we were booked into a one bedroom which would sleep 5, thinking now of the refurb we were excite to be in a new refurbed room...........WRONG, the same old drab need to be updated room. Don't get me wrong we "LOVE" WDW we just feel like second class residents (though we have invested our money even purchased additional points) when it now comes to our DVC membership. Further, the feeling of helplessness to be heard unless we attend the annual meeting during the Highest point time and the Holidays to boot. But, that appears what Disney has become and "NOTHING" is free, they got you. I would "LOVE" to begin serious action with any DVC Beach Club Home member and join me with to begin to question the current administration and to become a welcomed Home Guest again. So I hope this reaches others and I hear from them I hate the thought of wanting to liquidate points and invest them in a more "Resort" vacation club. You cannot be afraid to question and expect what we all know what Disney once or should still represent.

Yanks07

For some reason we received an e-mail from Disney stating and confirming that we were booked into a one bedroom which would sleep 5, thinking now of the refurb we were excite to be in a new refurbed room...........WRONG, the same old drab need to be updated room. Don't get me wrong we "LOVE" WDW we just feel like second class residents (though we have invested our money even purchased additional points) when it now comes to our DVC membership. Further, the feeling of helplessness to be heard unless we attend the annual meeting during the Highest point time and the Holidays to boot. But, that appears what Disney has become and "NOTHING" is free, they got you. I would "LOVE" to begin serious action with any DVC Beach Club Home member and join me with to begin to question the current administration and to become a welcomed Home Guest again. So I hope this reaches others and I hear from them I hate the thought of wanting to liquidate points and invest them in a more "Resort" vacation club. You cannot be afraid to question and expect what we all know what Disney once or should still represent.
I believe the condo meeting is early in December before the holiday spike in points. I don't know, we bought BCV the day they went on sale in 2001-2002 and have no complaints, I'm sure the refurb will get done and people will still complain.

Minthorne

I was in a studio at BCV (room 431 - has an awesome balcony) last June and the room looked fine and everything worked appliance wise.

Daddyoh

Original Poster
I was in a studio at BCV (room 431 - has an awesome balcony) last June and the room looked fine and everything worked appliance wise.
We have come to our home resort BCV now for 14 years and we have LOVED it until most recently we seen a decline in service and maintenance of the rooms (appliances). From what I read this refurb was a soft refurb then now a hard refurb delayed then a hard refurb (appliances) plus now bathrooms. It just very exasperating to get a real clear response from anyone. In all this time we have not seen any appliance change, maybe because we usually stay 10 to14 days these simple amenities are taken for granted. Also in studios there are only a microwave,mini-fridge.

Daddyoh

Original Poster
I believe the condo meeting is early in December before the holiday spike in points. I don't know, we bought BCV the day they went on sale in 2001-2002 and have no complaints, I'm sure the refurb will get done and people will still complain.
I'm not complaining about the proposed refurb, matter a fact I'm encouraging it on behalf of all BCV members. We have come to our home resort BCV now for 14 years and we have LOVED it until most recently we seen a decline in service and maintenance of the rooms (appliances). From what I read this refurb was a soft refurb then now a hard refurb delayed then a hard refurb (appliances) plus now bathrooms. It just very exasperating to get a real clear response from anyone. I really don't think when you see hall carpeting held together by Duct tape appealing nor up keeping with the Disney standards, I think you will agree initially when opened you would not see this.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Well, you can at least start to rejoice a bit. Disney has stated that the BCV refurb started on Jan 17th, and will be complete by the end of the summer. Hopefully y'all will like what they will do. Or maybe you're so jaded that even if they put in gold-plated spigots, you still wouldn't be happy. :cautious:

Daddyoh

Original Poster
Well, you can at least start to rejoice a bit. Disney has stated that the BCV refurb started on Jan 17th, and will be complete by the end of the summer. Hopefully y'all will like what they will do. Or maybe you're so jaded that even if they put in gold-plated spigots, you still wouldn't be happy. :cautious:
So untrue ! As an adult and a professional all I need to be told is the truth from the get go rather then leaving every thing to speculation and hear say. It is what it is just be up front about it, there is nothing that I can say that will change the powers to be agenda. Oh and I'm not looking for gold-plated spigots, chrome Deltas would work just fine.

wdwfan100

I think it is great that the refurb has gotten underway. I am encouraged by the pictures I have seen. I love the wood floor concept. I am a little uncertain how wanting your home resort to be well maintained and not in disrepair makes someone jaded. This refurb is long overdue.

Daddyoh

Original Poster
I think it is great that the refurb has gotten underway. I am encouraged by the pictures I have seen. I love the wood floor concept. I am a little uncertain how wanting your home resort to be well maintained and not in disrepair makes someone jaded. This refurb is long overdue.
Wood floors ? (I imagine most likely ceramic tile) Could you share as to where you may have seen pictures ? I know the models at the Boardwalk that are on display are absolutely BEAUTIFUL ! and to have them applied at the BCV's would place my DVC membership back into my personal high esteem.

wdwfan100

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wood floors ? (I imagine most likely ceramic tile) Could you share as to where you may have seen pictures ? I know the models at the Boardwalk that are on display are absolutely BEAUTIFUL ! and to have them applied at the BCV's would place my DVC membership back into my personal high esteem.
I think the "wood" is becoming the standard now for DVC rooms. Hilton Head was one of the first to get them when they did a refurb a few years back. I was impressed with the look and feel of it. It's a laminate floor that is softer than real wood so it has some give (I think to cut down on noise and I'm sure cost). Much easier to clean than carpet and it holds up better.

Daddyoh

Original Poster
I think the "wood" is becoming the standard now for DVC rooms. Hilton Head was one of the first to get them when they did a refurb a few years back. I was impressed with the look and feel of it. It's a laminate floor that is softer than real wood so it has some give (I think to cut down on noise and I'm sure cost). Much easier to clean than carpet and it holds up better.
Well tonight has been the final tour before we leave tomorrow. So my final conclusion regarding the Beach Club Villa's refurb and not that of the Beach Club (which appears to have under gone a transition in new colors and carpeting, not sure about the rooms). I can verify that the short wing going off the back of the BCV's on the 5th. floor has been blocked off and hallway wall paper is being removed. As for any mass work operations that you would consider for such a large project as the BCV's I can honestly say I have seen none. Through the course of our stay here I have sporadically seen workers dressed in reflective green vests but a very few maybe 3 or 4 are they the refurb workers ? In closing my only hope is that all the hype that the Disney management has promised regarding this major refurbaration for the Beach Club Villas come to fruition before our next family visit in August in 6 months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom