Beach Club Villas Discount?

Wendylet

Here once again for some advice if possible. Planning a split stay for a large group for next year. Hope to do 1 week at AKL and another week at Beach Club Villas. We would need both a 1 bdrm and a 2 bdrm Villa. I was perusing the usual discounts Disney gives and it appears AKL usually gets 30% but it looks like BCV only gets about 15%. Would this be the norm? Based on what I see for this year I am thinking this might be the case again for next year. Not sure I can afford BCV rates with only a small discount. Might have to consider renting points for that resort but you lose the ability to cancel so wouldn’t be my first choice. Thoughts?

nickys

Premium Member
Here once again for some advice if possible. Planning a split stay for a large group for next year. Hope to do 1 week at AKL and another week at Beach Club Villas. We would need both a 1 bdrm and a 2 bdrm Villa. I was perusing the usual discounts Disney gives and it appears AKL usually gets 30% but it looks like BCV only gets about 15%. Would this be the norm? Based on what I see for this year I am thinking this might be the case again for next year. Not sure I can afford BCV rates with only a small discount. Might have to consider renting points for that resort but you lose the ability to cancel so wouldn’t be my first choice. Thoughts?
It’s a small resort so there are fewer points that Disney can use for cash reservations. Plus most owners will own there to stay there, therefore very few points traded out or left unused. I’d say your chances of a bigger discount are slim to none.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The short answer is yes, that is the current norm and I would expect that to continue.

Discounts on rooms are not all that different than discounts on cars, furniture, or boxes of Kraft mac n cheese. A retailer offers a discount based on their projected leftover inventory after selling every unit they can at full price. If they have 50% of their inventory left you can expect a much deeper discount than if they only had 5%.

As @nickys described, BCV is a much smaller and much more popular resort and sells out at full price much quicker and more constantly than AKL.

Regardless of all of that, if you are looking to stay in any of the DVC villas, I would look into renting points vs paying cash. The difference in cash price vs rental almost always eclipses any room discount offered.

Upvote 0

Wendylet

Original Poster
The short answer is yes, that is the current norm and I would expect that to continue.

Discounts on rooms are not all that different than discounts on cars, furniture, or boxes of Kraft mac n cheese. A retailer offers a discount based on their projected leftover inventory after selling every unit they can at full price. If they have 50% of their inventory left you can expect a much deeper discount than if they only had 5%.

As @nickys described, BCV is a much smaller and much more popular resort and sells out at full price much quicker and more constantly than AKL.

Regardless of all of that, if you are looking to stay in any of the DVC villas, I would look into renting points vs paying cash. The difference in cash price vs rental almost always eclipses any room discount offered.
Yes thanks so much. I may consider David’s as I have used them once already to great success. Your analogy makes a lot of sense in that there is not much supply and possibly great demand for BCV so why offer a greater discount. I will have to bear in mind if I do book that way then I would be prepared for only a small discount. Haven’t had a holiday for two years so maybe I can spring for it, will have to see.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom