Beach Club Studio big enough?

Ralphlaw

Original Poster
Anomalously, the Beach Club studio sleeps 5, but the one bedroom sleeps 4. There's only 4 of us, but my son is 19 and daughter is 13. They can't sleep in the same bed. How tight would it be for us in a studio at the Beach Club?

correcaminos

How big are the two? The Murphy is pretty comfortable if you aren't really big, but personally with 3 adults and 1 teen I'd want another bathroom.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
How big are the two? The Murphy is pretty comfortable if you aren't really big, but personally with 3 adults and 1 teen I'd want another bathroom.
I agree but they would have to stay in a 2 bedroom at Beach Club to
Get 2 bathrooms or book 2 studios or 2 regular rooms etc. 1 bedrooms there only have 1 bathroom also. BLT and Kidani though have 2 full baths in a 1 bed villa and have a sleeper chair and sofa in living room. :)

correcaminos

I agree but they would have to stay in a 2 bedroom at Beach Club to
Get 2 bathrooms or book 2 studios or 2 regular rooms etc. 1 bedrooms there only have 1 bathroom also. BLT and Kidani though have 2 full baths in a 1 bed villa and have a sleeper chair and sofa in living room. :)
Well as you said one could book Kidani or BLT to get 2 bathrooms in a 1 bedroom. However I was also thinking one could get a second shower in PVB.

As I said it was personal preference though.

Weather_Lady

It will be tight. We stayed in a BC Villa studio (4 of us, with son and daughter who won't share a bed) and found it to be too small and very poorly designed. Once you fold down the Murphy bed, the table disappears and the only place to put the two chairs is back toward the corners, thereby blocking the shallow dresser-esque drawers in the Murphy bed cabinet. Then, once you slide the coffee table against a wall and pull out the sofa bed, you can't pull out the coffee table drawers, or reach the doors to the balcony. There's nowhere to put the sofa cushions, either (they won't fit under the bed or the sofa), so they end up propped against another wall or in between the beds, blocking the balcony or the nightstand and further diminishing the available floor place, and generally making the room look even more ugly and unkempt.

Since we couldn't use any of the storage in the sleeping area of the room (and didn't want to move any of the furniture into the entryway, as that's a fire hazard), we had to keep all of our things in the vanity/kitchenette/closet area, which meant living out of our suitcases when it came to clothes, as the closet is small and already jammed full of stuff (vacuum cleaner, ironing board, extra bedding, wall safe).

Granted, we had a good sense of humor about it, and were only there for 3 nights, so we just went along with the inconveniences. Still, I'd love to have a chat with whatever moron designed and chose furniture for the BCV studios, because they clearly gave no thought to making the spaces functional. (Perhaps I've browsed too many Ikea catalogs or been to too many RV shows showcasing clever storage solutions, but there's no reason the sofa cushions couldn't have been designed to fit under the sofa bed, that the large-scale chairs and coffee table couldn't be replaced with a set of nesting benches that double as table seating and sofa side/coffee tables and can be tucked into the corner when not in use. And what's up with those tiny Murphy bed cabinet drawers that aren't big enough to hold anything larger than underwear and can't be accessed when the Murphy bed is in use? Why couldn't there have been drawers under the bed or built-ins in the closet?)

FWIW, here's a photo from the "your first visit" website that gives you an idea of how the room looks with the sleeping spaces in use. Now try to imagine where you'd put your things, or eat breakfast, or get dressed, or how you'd access your balcony...

That being said, if you want to stay at BCV and you don't plan on spending much time in the room, I wouldn't dissuade you from it. Just be aware of how limited the space will be, and pack in such a way that you can live out of your [very small, or you won't be able to fit it in the suite, either] suitcase.

Hot-Bed-Mess-Disneys-Beach-Club-Villas-Studio-from-yourfirstvisit.net_-900x600.jpg

Last edited:

EngineerMom

BCV Studios are just basically a hotel room with a pull out couch instead of a 2nd bed. I don't understand WHY Disney prefers the pull out couch vs 2nd bed in villas. I hate that. We rented the studio with 4 people for a week and with a mini frig and toaster it was just a glorified hotel room not a villa.

nickys

Premium Member
BCV Studios are just basically a hotel room with a pull out couch instead of a 2nd bed. I don't understand WHY Disney prefers the pull out couch vs 2nd bed in villas. I hate that. We rented the studio with 4 people for a week and with a mini frig and toaster it was just a glorified hotel room not a villa.

Because for couples, they have a sofa to sit on during the day.

DVC is a timeshare. Many owners after several years of doing the family park- orientated visits like to do just resorts stays. A studio fits the bill, with a bed, sofa, kitchenette. If you rented without checking out what you would get in a studio, that’s on your head for not doing your research properly. Studios fit many DVC owners fine. If you want a hotel room, book a hotel room.

Disorbust

Don't do it.
We always are five in a room usually at BC/YBC and never have problems. I booked the villas thinking it would be nicer and it was completely miserable. THER IS NOWHERE TO PUT ANYTHING! We were living out of suitcases the entire time amking the room completely trashed. There is a small wardrobe and thats it.

Ralphlaw

Original Poster
Plus studios can be easily transformed into the 2nd bedroom of a 2 bedroom villa for a large group. It is not a unitasker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom