News Beach Club Marketplace closing for refurbishment

CastAStone

Wannabe Peoplemover Enthusiast.
Premium Member
Someone told me they're removing the Freestyle machines, which, if true, :rolleyes:

Foodservice establishments wind up hating the Freestyle machines because they don't let you cheat people with watered down soda adjust the ratios to optimize guest experience.

nickys

Premium Member
What about the chiller cabinets and grocery items for the DVC villas? I’m hoping those will also be moved, so that guests can still get stuff like bread, milk and so on.

CastAStone

Wannabe Peoplemover Enthusiast.
Premium Member
I wonder if they’ll be able to fit the coffee sales into the beach club marketplace now instead of needing that wedding-bar looking setup in the next room every morning.

UNCgolf

Someone told me they're removing the Freestyle machines, which, if true, :rolleyes:

Foodservice establishments wind up hating the Freestyle machines because they don't let you cheat people with watered down soda adjust the ratios to optimize guest experience.

That sounds like a huge bonus to me. The Freestyle machines are the worst.

I understand why people like them if they want a bunch of added flavors, but if you just want a regular Coke, you're out of luck. I've never once had a Coke out of a Freestyle machine that actually tasted remotely similar to how Coke typically tastes (and I've probably tried at 25-30 different locations if not more); I just skip getting a drink now if the place has Freestyle machines.

I suppose I should thank Coca-Cola for their terrible invention, though, because it really helped me stop drinking soda.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 27, 2020. Despite the "exit" sign at this door, the Beach Club resort Marketplace is closed. Here are a few photos of the temporary Marketplace at the Solarium, offering cold and hot sandwiches and other items.

IMG_3107.JPG

The entrance hallway to the Solarium.

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom