Beach Club Help

kane47

Original Poster
I have planed a long weekend getaway trip to the Beach Club in August. I booked a garden view room. Can anyone tell me, or show me on a diagram, where these rooms are located? For room requests I asked for a full balcony. Should I request anything else? What do Beach Club fans prefer in a room in terms of requests? I have stayed here many years ago in a water view room, so I know the resort. I just don't know the garden view room situation. Thanks for the help.

NeedMoreMickey

I had a garden view room 2 years ago and it was on the first floor near a corner entrance and close to the Quiet pool. I'm guessing because we could see green plants they called it garden view. Since the difference in money from a garden view and standard view is small I do like the garden view. Three years ago our standard view was of the the roof top over looing the parking lot. I also heard that water view doesn't always mean a view of the lake, it could be the water canal out front.

luv

No clue. The best explanation I ever heard on rooms came from the WDW Today podcast #629. "Room With a View...or Not." http://www.wdwtoday.com/article.php?story=20091011174141650

It always confused me. I had actually taken to saying, when booking a water view, "I want to SEE the WATER. Will I SEE WATER?" One time, she actually said, "you might, but you might not." I still booked it, but I saw little water, lol. I was happier for knowing going into it that I might not see it and wish they'd just tell people what the views might actually be.

Garden view can be just about anything.

When I heard that podcast, I was so happy that it wasn't just me. You should give it a listen! It's very funny...and so true!

DisDadWoz

We just had a garden view room for our March trip and I had a picture but can't get the URL to show the view. However, if you were standing in the volleyball pit facing the lake, look up to the left and there was our room. Had a great view of the lake, water slide, and the garden behind the volleyball pit. We loved it.

We just had a garden view room for our March trip and I had a picture but can't get the URL to show the view. However, if you were standing in the volleyball pit facing the lake, look up to the left and there was our room. Had a great view of the lake, water slide, and the garden behind the volleyball pit. We loved it.
Same! We requested garden and received a room just like that! Upper left of the volleyball court. We LOVED it! I wish I could remember the room number. Someone told me you can request rooms by the number. If I find my notice email and text I will come back and post it for you. Really great hotel. A bit dated in the rooms, but location, amazing, quiet, perfect size for walking around. Night time is so quiet it’s crazy. Can’t wait to go back someday. I guess when the perks return for beach club guests. I just want everything to go back to how it was in like 2000. Or even 2010. I miss the real Disney

dreday3

We had a garden view before. It was a tree. 😂

Seriously though, the actual location was excellent. It was the farthest part of the building, closest to Epcot. Right above the walkway from the DVC section out to the path to Epcot. Also right by the "secret" entrance. Honestly, about a 3 minute walk to the International Gateway.

That said, the view wasn't anything special, so this upcoming trip we are saving some cash and got a standard view because we don't really care what the view is.

nickys

Premium Member
Same! We requested garden and received a room just like that! Upper left of the volleyball court. We LOVED it! I wish I could remember the room number. Someone told me you can request rooms by the number. If I find my notice email and text I will come back and post it for you. Really great hotel. A bit dated in the rooms, but location, amazing, quiet, perfect size for walking around. Night time is so quiet it’s crazy. Can’t wait to go back someday. I guess when the perks return for beach club guests. I just want everything to go back to how it was in like 2000. Or even 2010. I miss the real Disney
The OP was 9 years ago. I suspect they probably got their room by now.😉

We had a garden view before. It was a tree. 😂

Seriously though, the actual location was excellent. It was the farthest part of the building, closest to Epcot. Right above the walkway from the DVC section out to the path to Epcot. Also right by the "secret" entrance. Honestly, about a 3 minute walk to the International Gateway.

That said, the view wasn't anything special, so this upcoming trip we are saving some cash and got a standard view because we don't really care what the view is.
I am not kidding when I tell you that I think we stayed in the same group of rooms. That is exactly how I would describe our room. We used the secret door every day. We never walked through the full lobby or down the elevator once. I thought it was amazing.I see this is an old thread. But still viable info!! I have some photos if anyone wants to see location on a map. Or the views from the rooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom