Be Our Guest now serving Alcohol for Breakfast/Lunch

MotherOfBirds

I can't wait for the bottomless mimosa pitchers so MK can behold me in all my glory. Slapping cigarettes out of the hands of guests outside the designated areas, kicking the strollers that slam into my ankles, loudly heckling the alligators, and openly weeping as I walk through the HM queue, wailing about Marc Davis in between gasps. Hurricane MoB has landed, kids. Get your ponchos.

The Empress Lilly

Welcome to the real world where you cant enforce public conduct. They've got security checkpoints, but they've never checked for sanity, character, or civility.
I understand your lament. But, alcohol has a pretty predictable effect on public sanity, character and civility. If not enforced, these can be influenced.

But TWDC rather has kids walking in its open air bars.

Raineman

When I am spending a week at an all-inclusive beach resort in the Caribbean, I start drinking shortly after breakfast. When I am at WDW, I'm lucky if I have one alcoholic beverage the whole week. Up until now, the addition of alcohol hasn't really meant that much to me, to be honest. But at breakfast in the MK? Come on. Enough is enough. It's gonna be so magical, watching someone stumble out of BOG at 9:00 am after their liquid breakfast.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Remember, Bob Iger said it's okay to go against what Walt explicitly said about alcohol in the parks because Walt himself drank alcohol. So problem solved.

In all seriousness, I know that we often get hung up "what would Walt think of this" kind of debates. And in most cases, it's just all idle speculation with no possible real answers. But these isn't speculation. It isn't a "what if." This is a specific issue that Walt himself dealt with, made a decision about, and is on record about. He did not think alcohol should be served in his theme park.

Are the leaders of the company bound to honor that today? No, of course not. But of all the "this isn't what Walt would have wanted" arguments that come up, I think this one is at least the most solid.
I'm typically on board with these types of discussions, but Walt didn't live in the environment Disney does now. Competition (bravo universal) is present and profit margins drive decisions because public companies are slaves to Wall Street and "shareholders". I'm not applauding Iger by any means, he is driving WDW into the ground IMO, but the alcohol decision was a no brainer given the easy profits it entails.

geekza

I'm typically on board with these types of discussions, but Walt didn't live in the environment Disney does now. Competition (bravo universal) is present and profit margins drive decisions because public companies are slaves to Wall Street and "shareholders". I'm not applauding Iger by any means, he is driving WDW into the ground IMO, but the alcohol decision was a no brainer given the easy profits it entails.
I mean, if they want to go the easy profits route...

Coming soon to the Magic Kingdom, adult guests will soon be able to experience an up-close-and-personal adventure with their favorite Disney Princesses and Princes at the brand-new Bibbidi Bobbidi Brothel!

;)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I mean, if they want to go the easy profits route...

Coming soon to the Magic Kingdom, adult guests will soon be able to experience an up-close-and-personal adventure with their favorite Disney Princesses and Princes at the brand-new Bibbidi Bobbidi Brothel!

;)
:hilarious::hilarious:

Disone

$10.00 for a mimosa?! :oops: There is a place downtown where you can have bottomless mimosas for that amount!! And you know since its Disney the amount of champagne will be so minuscule it might as well be $10 orange juice.
For the most part I agree but... Disney is pretty generous on the alcohol pour. They still free pour and do so generously. And really, I think it was assume when BOG opened with alcohol for "dinner only and only at BOG" that this was just opening volley of alcohol sales in the MK. I assumed that at least.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I really don't agree at all. Every bar I go to on property that is Disney owned, the bartenders have no clue what they're doing and even after I have a few drinks I don't feel a thing. Hangar Bar is the worst offender to me.
Agreed. I stick to Beer, although I am a bit upset they stopped serving brews in 20oz cups but at least Rose and Crown still does.

Disone

I really don't agree at all. Every bar I go to on property that is Disney owned, the bartenders have no clue what they're doing and even after I have a few drinks I don't feel a thing. Hangar Bar is the worst offender to me.
I am surprise to hear that as we frequent the same bars. Maybe you have just built up a tolerance?

Last edited:

blueslegend

Remember, Bob Iger said it's okay to go against what Walt explicitly said about alcohol in the parks because Walt himself drank alcohol. So problem solved.

In all seriousness, I know that we often get hung up "what would Walt think of this" kind of debates. And in most cases, it's just all idle speculation with no possible real answers. But these isn't speculation. It isn't a "what if." This is a specific issue that Walt himself dealt with, made a decision about, and is on record about. He did not think alcohol should be served in his theme park.

Are the leaders of the company bound to honor that today? No, of course not. But of all the "this isn't what Walt would have wanted" arguments that come up, I think this one is at least the most solid.
Ummmmm...Club 33

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom