Be Our Guest Is A Joke....OK, Somewhat

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
OK...maybe just slightly to get you in, but can we discuss Be Our Guest?

I’ve been several times, but I just ate here again today, 12/18/20. I‘m not here to bash Be Our Guest, but I want to give some constructive feedback.

The Good
  • The entree (Filet) was actually great. It’s not prime beef, but it’s well seasoned, perfectly cooked, tender, and flavorful. Good job.
  • Green beans and mashed potatoes were good.
  • The scallops were well cooked, seasoned, and not rubbery. These are probably frozen, but still passable as far as taste.
  • I enjoyed the desserts.
The Not So Good
  • The lobster bisque needs work. It lacks depth and feels cheap somehow...like it’s been thinned out with something to stretch it.
  • Service needs refinement. Feels slightly like a factory and very scripted. It’s $62...let’s go.
  • The bread is cheap and kind of a disappoint for a ”French” restaurant.”
The Ugly
  • Portion sizes are a JOKE. Are they even smaller now? I got 6 green beans. SIX!! They were good, but six?
  • Mashed potatoes were literally a tablespoon spread over the plate.
  • The filet is small and Im fine with that, but it’s too small given that the sides are almost nothing.
  • The premium charged is too much for just the food and ambiance. It’s a little much. Maybe $49 would be reasonable.
For $62, Be Our Guest is even high for Disney. I’m not even worried about prices at Disney in general, but the portions need to be larger and the service slightly better for this to be any value.

Anyone else leave feeling like, that was actually pretty good, but I still feel somehow ripped off? Lol...it’s uncanny.

StarshipDisney

We ate there once for dinner in 2016. We were on the DDP at the time. We thought it was okay but nothing great. Liberty Tree Tavern is much better.

What disappointed us were the "gourmet" cupcakes that had advertised so heavily. Okay, they were cupcakes. Nothing "gourmet" about them.

MickeyCB

We ate there the end of Oct of this year, if you want to you can see my trip report with some photos of our meal, it was on our last full day.
My steak tasted fabulous, but yes the portions were very small for the price. You can see the photo of the tortellini, there weren't very many in that dish.
And it was packed inside, minimal spacing of tables and with (not) $62 service.
I would eat there again, but not at $62/person.

Club Cooloholic

Glad we chose Liberty Tree Tavern and Garden Grill over Be Our Guest this past week. To us, tiny portions are a big let down, even if the food tastes great. Seems like the price is too high for what you get.
Liberty Tree really surprised us with how good it was. My expectations were not that high. Never done BOG for dinner, but their lunch doesn't exactly give me confidence in their ability to do dinner, so I probably won't anytime soon.

JIMINYCR

I agree with you. We have dined at BOG many times, starting with just after they were opened. The meals have gone from being excellent to being to where we question their value. IMHO the portions have always been on the skimpy side, but have gotten more so. The french onion soup has been my fav option and remains so. The flavor has stayed since the beginning. Sadly and regrettably ... I very much doubt that BOG will go on our restaurant to do list for our coming trip.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Glad I did it twice for lunch on my last trip when it was still the very good quick service menu. I wish they'd bring that back as an option when the parks ramp up again, but if they can fill it at full price, there's no need I suppose. :(

Tony the Tigger

I agree with you. We have dined at BOG many times, starting with just after they were opened. The meals have gone from being excellent to being to where we question their value. IMHO the portions have always been on the skimpy side, but have gotten more so. The french onion soup has been my fav option and remains so. The flavor has stayed since the beginning. Sadly and regrettably ... I very much doubt that BOG will go on our restaurant to do list for our coming trip.
We also went a couple of times when it first opened, and it was quite good! I’m glad we did it then. We haven’t been back after consistently reading reviews like these. Our go-to at MK now is Skipper Canteen.

@Chef Mickey - What’s the $62? The price of the filet? Cost of the dining plan? Or did they somehow go to a flat price model?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
We also went a couple of times when it first opened, and it was quite good! I’m glad we did it then. We haven’t been back after consistently reading reviews like these. Our go-to at MK now is Skipper Canteen.

@Chef Mickey - What’s the $62? The price of the filet? Cost of the dining plan? Or did they somehow go to a flat price model?

$62 prix fixe menu. Choice of an appetizer, entree, and dessert...very limited menu.

CinesavageFilms

My fiancé and I ate there twice on our trip between 12/11 and 12/16. We enjoyed our time at be our guest and the cost does seem to add up quickly. For example, we love the Banfi Rosa Regale at home and it’s like 25 bucks a bottle... but Be Our Guest charges 59 a bottle. That’s a pretty good markup for gullible first timers and people who are just desperate for a romantic time.

Hockey89

My fiancé and I ate there twice on our trip between 12/11 and 12/16. We enjoyed our time at be our guest and the cost does seem to add up quickly. For example, we love the Banfi Rosa Regale at home and it’s like 25 bucks a bottle... but Be Our Guest charges 59 a bottle. That’s a pretty good markup for gullible first timers and people who are just desperate for a romantic time.
Only double the normal price. That’s lucky. I. Boston, it’s usually 3 times

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We've eaten there twice since September and frankly, the absence of the dining plan, removal of the quick service breakfast (horrid) and lunch (meh) has improved it. The wait staff is hit and miss, but they are trying. For those that are complaining about portion size, if you ever go to Europe you'll be in for quite a shock its not for the gourmands and gorgers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom