Be honest, how weird is it for a male to go on Solo trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGICFLOP

Yeah , It is weird...

But, when I was in college I used to go to Florida by myself and go to Disney one or two days and the rest of the week played golf.

Why do you seek approval from others? I find that weirder still.. If you want to go, then go.

joejccva71

Original Poster
Yeah , It is weird...

But, when I was in college I used to go to Florida by myself and go to Disney one or two days and the rest of the week played golf.

Why do you seek approval from others? I find that weirder still.. If you want to go, then go.

It's a forum related to WDW and I wanted to see what others thought about it. I wasn't seeking approval.

disneygurl

Not weird at all. I'm a 57 year old female; I've been doing solo Disney trips for the last 10 years. It's a blast! I love it.

Don't worry, after a few solo restaurant visits you'll feel more comfortable. I understand your concern, I felt uneasy at first. I don't intend my next statement to sound snotty or mean but keep in mind that other Disney guests (rides &/or restaurants) are too busy with their own agenda to concern themselves with the fact that you're a solo guest. You might feel uncomfortable in a restaurant the first few times but then there's a family with a crying baby or wild child who is feeling uncomfortable too.

The solo lines for rides are awesome. I rode Everest about 4-5 times in a row on my trip last August. It's a great perk.

Please do not hesitate to take your trip as planned. Have the greatest time!

Last edited:

MAGICFLOP

It's a forum related to WDW and I wanted to see what others thought about it. I wasn't seeking approval.
OK, I misunderstood.
Based on the rest of your post, it will be awkward if you truly are introverted, you will go 1 week only saying "hello", "thank you", " yes, I'll have the...", "good night" and the dreaded "one Please".

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old man that loves Disney and I need a nice relaxing vacation. No worries, no kids, no work, just relaxation. I want to do a WDW solo trip for 7 days. Walking around the parks and going on rides solo doesn't actually bother me, but I'm a pretty introvert person and the dining part concerns me some. Sitting down at a table alone eating. It's a little awkward and strange is all.

I mean be honest, how weird is it?

I don't think that's weird. Look, I don't know if you are married or not or whether you have children. Maybe that doesn't matter either way, because a trip to WDW is special either way. I know that the thing I would miss is not being able to share it with someone (eg. wife, kids, parents, siblings, friends). But what if a person is single? It isn't as if they can't still go.

Now, I don't know if you have a wife and kids or not, but if you don't it DEFINITELY isn't weird. If you do, you might get a mixed reaction.

badrew

Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old man that loves Disney and I need a nice relaxing vacation. No worries, no kids, no work, just relaxation. I want to do a WDW solo trip for 7 days. Walking around the parks and going on rides solo doesn't actually bother me, but I'm a pretty introvert person and the dining part concerns me some. Sitting down at a table alone eating. It's a little awkward and strange is all.

I go 3-4 times a year, generally on my own. I don’t even think about the fact that I’m sitting alone. Have fun and enjoy your time alone!

cdeev8690

It's not odd at all to go on a solo trip anywhere. It's not sad/pathetic/strange to take the time to care of yourself doing the things that make you happy! Disney has no gender, influence nor age. Live your life and do you!

eliza61nyc

OK Joe,

I've got the answer to all your problems. TAKE ME!!! lol, we can be dining buddies.

So, I'm on my way to Savannah at the end of February by my lonesome for 3 days. I'll admit to some nervousness also, so definitely understand your question. Most of my friends are not huge Disney enthusiast and my kids are grown/young adults who are starting their own journeys. So I'll probably be hitting the mouse world by myself more also.

Kettra Johnson

Hi all,

Hi all,

Kettra Johnson

Hi all,

I have gone to Disney solo and I loved it. You can go at your own pace, there are solo rider lines and you can park hop at will, without worrying about someone else complaining. I have done quick service dining, where I just grab a seat and either people watch or scroll through my phone. I went to a sit down location and it was a little strange, but the servers were really nice, so you get over it. Try it. you may be pleasantly surprised

joejccva71

Original Poster
OK Joe,

I've got the answer to all your problems. TAKE ME!!! lol, we can be dining buddies.

So, I'm on my way to Savannah at the end of February by my lonesome for 3 days. I'll admit to some nervousness also, so definitely understand your question. Most of my friends are not huge Disney enthusiast and my kids are grown/young adults who are starting their own journeys. So I'll probably be hitting the mouse world by myself more also.

LOL I'm actually going with a friend for the May 13-21 trip, but I'm going solo in September of this year again. :)

larandtra

I know of a friend of my daughters who is a single guy, early 30s who goes alone off and on. He works from home. hence he can work from anywhere and has an AP. So he will go down, sit on a bench with his laptop, have good meals, people watch, and ride some stuff here and there. I dont think its weird at all. Where else would be a better place to have an office other than WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom