Be honest, how weird is it for a male to go on Solo trip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejccva71

Original Poster
Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old man that loves Disney and I need a nice relaxing vacation. No worries, no kids, no work, just relaxation. I want to do a WDW solo trip for 7 days. Walking around the parks and going on rides solo doesn't actually bother me, but I'm a pretty introvert person and the dining part concerns me some. Sitting down at a table alone eating. It's a little awkward and strange is all.

I mean be honest, how weird is it?

danyoung56

I'm 61, and have been doing solo WDW and DL trips since I was 40. Any bit of uncomfortable-ness is all in your head. Others are all wrapped up in their own thing, and don't have the time to even look at you, much less judge you. I really love dining well at WDW, and have never felt even a little bit intimidated because I was alone.

jaklgreen

I am female but go solo every year. I love it! And as Dan said, it is all in your head. I eat everywhere and do not feel awkward. I do a lot of the special events for the food and wine festival and you would be surprised at how many single participants there are. Go and have fun and do not worry about anyone else. BTW, there are a ton of male bloggers that go and not only enjoy the parks solo but put it all over youtube.

JIMINYCR

Ive gone solo several times when DW was unable to go and she wanted me to enjoy myself. You will get a lot more done by going solo, not having to wait for someone else or have to consider someone elses desires. And you can move through the parks faster, do things on your own time and own schedule. Take advantage of some of the single rider lines that are available. The freedom is advantageous but it will take you a day or two to get over the feeling that youre alone. On one trip I did only QS dining so eating by myself wasnt an issue. On other trips I did dine at TS and had a book or electronic devices with me to occupy my time alone at the table. Being alone at the table Ive had some great extra attention paid to me by the CM servers as well.

jloucks

Hi all,

I'm a 46 year old man that loves Disney and I need a nice relaxing vacation. No worries, no kids, no work, just relaxation. I want to do a WDW solo trip for 7 days. Walking around the parks and going on rides solo doesn't actually bother me, but I'm a pretty introvert person and the dining part concerns me some. Sitting down at a table alone eating. It's a little awkward and strange is all.

I mean be honest, how weird is it?

Depends on how you define weird.

It is unusual, so in that respect it is weird. . But I would still go if you want, I doubt anyone would even notice. They will all assume you are separated from your party. The only time it might get awkward (in your head) is when you are riding rides and the stranger next to you asks where your family is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phonedave

I have been to WDW solo while in my early 40's many times, and have dined alone many times as well.

I have also dined alone on more business trips than I can remember. People do it all the time, but nobody notices it, because it really is nothing that anyone would notice.

The only time I have ever felt even slightly odd is at the "All you care to enjoy" family style places (Ohana, Garden Grill, etc). They do bring you smaller platters, but it is strange to have an array of food in front of you, that you then serve to just yourself. I never felt like anyone was staring at me, it was more a feeling of the act of serving myself family style was strange.

-dave

KBLovedDisney

Depends on how you define weird.

It is unusual, so in that respect it is weird. But I would still go if you want, I doubt anyone would even notice. They will all assume you are separated from your party. The only time it might get awkward (in your head) is when you are riding rides and the stranger next to you asks where your family is.
Dude, I believe your normal is not everyone elses normality. To us, you might be weird. Thus everyone is weird. Point? There is no such thing as normal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom