Bay Lake Villa Questions

Ryanne

Original Poster
this will be first time staying in a 1 bedroom villa at Bay Lakes - I have previously only stayed in a studio. I am trying to think about sleeping arrangements and was wondering if anyone had any pics of the living room with the bed pulled out?

My husband and I will be in the master bed and we will have a pack and play set up in the bedroom for our infant. We have another adult who will sleep on the pull out couch. The other 2 guests are young children. I was thinking about bringing 2 kids air mattresses (size of a crib mattress) and putting them where ever we can find a little spot instead of opening up the chair (I assumed that would be larger.

I can only see pics of the room when it's all clean and packed up and do not know how much room you have once the couch is out. Should I use the couch and chair and bring 1 small air mattress. Or leave the chair as is ans bring 2 small air mattress to be arranged around the couch.

Or would we be able to fit a pack and play and a small air mattress in the master? And then just the couch and chair (or couch and 1 small air mattress) in the living room.

Any help would be appreciated. It's hard to get a true feel of the space from stock pics online.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You will have absolutely zero room to move around even with just the couch pulled out and one air mattress, let alone a second air mattress and/or the chair. For the same price (or maybe even a bit less), I think you'd be much more comfortable in a two bedroom villa at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

nickys

Premium Member
Bay Lake is our home resort.

We always have one son on the pull out sofa and one on the sleeper chair. Fine for moving around, but we fold them up again in the morning. The chair comes out at an angle to the sofa bed, from the corner by the window towards the foot of the bed.

When we stayed at the Beach Club, which has less room and no sleeper chair, we put cushions down in the villa entrance lobby part for youngest DS to sleep on. He had a nice wee "room" away from other noise and movement. He was 12 or so, so old enough not to try opening the door.

I would suggest use the sleeper chair and one mattress.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Bay Lake is our home resort.

We always have one son on the pull out sofa and one on the sleeper chair. Fine for moving around, but we fold them up again in the morning. The chair comes out at an angle to the sofa bed, from the corner by the window towards the foot of the bed.

When we stayed at the Beach Club, which has less room and no sleeper chair, we put cushions down in the villa entrance lobby part for youngest DS to sleep on. He had a nice wee "room" away from other noise and movement. He was 12 or so, so old enough not to try opening the door.

I would suggest use the sleeper chair and one mattress.
It sounds like you have four people in your party. The OP has six. I really think this space is too small for a party of six to be comfortable for more than a night or two.

If I'm spending thousands of dollars to stay in an expensive hotel room, you can bet I'm not going to put anybody on the floor in a flipping blow-up mattress.

nickys

Premium Member
It sounds like you have four people in your party. The OP has six. I really think this space is too small for a party of six to be comfortable for more than a night or two.

If I'm spending thousands of dollars to stay in an expensive hotel room, you can bet I'm not going to put anybody on the floor in a flipping blow-up mattress.

True, but OP has one infant and 2 small children. So discount the infant and it's a party of 5.

Now my youngest, who uses the sleeper chair is just about 6ft now. So the OP's adult guest could use the sleeper chair, leaving the 2 kids on the sofa.

Your alternative is fine, but with 3 kids I'd have thought BLT is a far better option. Much easier to take them back and put them down for a nap at BLT when visiting MK for example.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
True, but OP has one infant and 2 small children. So discount the infant and it's a party of 5.

Now my youngest, who uses the sleeper chair is just about 6ft now. So the OP's adult guest could use the sleeper chair, leaving the 2 kids on the sofa.

Your alternative is fine, but with 3 kids I'd have thought BLT is a far better option. Much easier to take them back and put them down for a nap at BLT when visiting MK for example.
You can't discount the infant when you're talking about available floor space and ability to move around because that Pack'n'Play is going to be set up the whole time.

nickys

Premium Member
You can't discount the infant when you're talking about available floor space and ability to move around because that Pack'n'Play is going to be set up the whole time.

The infant is going to be in the master bedroom though, so you can discount him/her as far as room in the living room goes though.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The infant is going to be in the master bedroom though, so you can discount him/her as far as room in the living room goes though.
True, but you lose the option of rearranging furniture into the master bedroom. For example, swapping out the bedroom chair with the living room pull-out and using the pull-out in the master. Or using the spot where the Pack'n'Play will be as a spot for one of the air mattresses. Not trying to be argumentative, I just think 6 people in 800 square feet (which includes two bathrooms and a kitchen) is tight.

EDIT: Waaaaaaaait a second. I just reread the OP and I think the biggest mistake is giving the third adult the pull-out couch all by him/herself. Put that person on the pull-out chair and everything is golden. The two kids share the pull-out couch and everyone is comfy cozy.

Last edited:

Tinkerbell397

You can find videos of all of the room configurations on Youtube.....as stated above, David' Rentals has the best videos but there are also videos posted by vacationers. You can also find videos of the rides and whatever else you are looking for. We look at videos between our visits when we miss our home. :cat:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here's some pictures:
Living room:
IMG_0710.JPG

Couch pulled out:
IMG_0708.JPG

Chair pulled out:
IMG_0707.JPG

When the couch is pulled out it doesn't go much past the ottoman in the first picture. With the chair and couch pulled out you still have enough floor space to put out a kid's air mattress next to the bed. You could also fit one at the foot of the bed in the MBR. The pack and play fits easily next to the king bed. I would use the chair and bring one air mattress unless you think the kids will fight over who gets the chair:). My kids both liked sleeping on it.

lightguy

We were at Bay lake for a week last month with 10 people in a 2 bedroom and it worked surprisingly well. Our twins (10) slept on the sleeper sofa in the living room and my adult sister slept in the sleeper chair. I didn't try it out, but she said it was the best bed she's slept in in a long time.

slappy magoo

It makes way more sense for the kids to sleep on the pull out couch and the third adult to sleep on the pullout chair versus bringing air mattresses and trying to find space for them. I never slept on those particular pull out chairs but I have used pullout chairs at hospitals each time my wife gave birth. I'm a big guy. Those pull out chairs were big enough and from my perspective (which admittedly could be wrong) the pull out chairs in BLT are even bigger.

If, for whatever reason, the two kids can not share the couch or the adult MUST have the couch to him/herself, then for the night you can find space in the bedroom between the bed and the balcony entrance. You can also prob fit one air mattress in the space where the living room meets the kitchen (you may have to shift the sofa down a foot or so towards the balcony entrance). And the kids can take turns between the sofa or pullout chair and that air mattress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom