Bay Lake and future Hotels?

Badger Brent

Original Poster
I was wondering if there was anything now or in the past with regards to building a resort on the other side of Bay Lake. On the other side of Fort Wilderness and the golf course there seems to be quite a bit of unused land. I have no idea of accessability to this area, but more building on lake shores would interest me more then say PoP. Any thoughts on why this area hasn't been developed? Poor land, too wet? was just wondering.

chucknstuff

I think the Royal Disney Navy has it's Maintenance Yards overthere. Going there for over 30 years now and seems that all the boats at night migrate to taht area of the lake. I also believe Walt had set some of the land aside to be left as is. Can anyone verify this info.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The dry dock and boneyard are on the NW side of Bay Lake, next to the North Service area. The Boneyard is pretty much on the site originally earmarked for the Persian Resort. None of the North and East side of Bay Lake is easily accessible (though paths do exist), and the land has never been prepared for anything.

I agree, it would be a good site for a resort - even in the late 90`s TWDC still had plans to build a resort near the Boneyard. I don`t know far back the property goes from the NE shoreline - this was the last area of land to be purchased, as Roy O. Disney decided pretty late on they should have control of the entire Bay Lake shoreline, and so stretched funds enough to secure this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom