Batuu setting in new Star Wars Novel

RandySavage

I hope they weave it into a stand alone movie as well.
My hope is the opposite, but I can't see Iger and his ilk being able to resist the temptation, being so bent on synergy.

Making an original locale for the parks (as opposed to re-creating Endor, Mos Eisley, etc) was both bold and smart. Once Battuu starts to become a part of the film and tv world certain baggage will be attached that takes a bit of the luster off both (for me).

Imagine if the next Indy Jones movie (filming in 2019) had a flashback scene designed specifically to mimic the locale and story of "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" for cross-promotional purposes... Would that be a cool easter egg? Maybe, but it takes away the uniqueness of the park experience.

Last edited:

Jones14

My hope is the opposite, but I can't see Iger and his ilk being able to resist the temptation, being so bent on synergy.

Making an original locale for the parks (as opposed to re-creating Endor, Mos Eisley, etc) was both bold and smart. Once Battuu starts to become a part of the film and tv world certain baggage will be attached that takes a bit of the luster off both (for me).

Imagine if the next Indy Jones movie (filming in 2019) had a flashback scene designed specifically to mimic the locale and story of "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" for cross-promotional purposes... Would that be a cool easter egg? Maybe, but it takes away the uniqueness of the park experience.
I wouldn’t mind seeing the planet itself, but I wouldn’t want to see the city that Galaxy’s Edge takes place in. With that said, it’d be super cool if they pulled a Star Tours II and showed us what the planet was like back in the Old Republic days at some point.

NoChesterHester

I get your point, but think I like the Easter egg idea. A location in a stand alone movie would further reinforce its place in the galaxy where some things happened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom