bates motel

JBloom1029

Original Poster
is it true that a replica of the bates motel used to b in USF cuz i dont remembe it at all but i saw a pic with it where woody woodpcker is now

Maria

Yes!
It was there! I think I have pics with it as a background. Of course, with the old Hard Rock closing, I don´t think many people would see it. BTW, what did they do with them? I mean, the Hard Rock Cafe and the hotel replica...
:confused:

Maria

Thanks for the links! I´ve been there... but I never thought about checking what happened with the old cafe.... Did they tear down the building? And what happened to the hotel? Is it still there?

markymark

I used to love the old guitar shaped Hard Rock Cafe. And I had forgotten about the Bates Motel! I wonder what ever happened to that?

Luau Cove

Funny, I always thought that the Bates Motel was a mind-trick I played to myself and that the structure was on Hollywood's Universal. Well, at least I'm not crazy.
-->LUAU

"WHAT, MOM???"

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I remember the Bates Motel in USF(from my trip there like in 1990 or something)....and I really liked the old Hard Rock to...the guitar was cool.

woofboy111

Originally posted by Maria
Thanks for the links! I´ve been there... but I never thought about checking what happened with the old cafe.... Did they tear down the building? And what happened to the hotel? Is it still there?

The old building is still there. It's used as a storage building now. From the Hard Rock Hotel, it's directly behind the pool. I took some pictures of it a few weeks ago. I'll put 'em up on a website for you. I may have them up later today or tomorrow.

Maria

Originally posted by woofboy111

The old building is still there. It's used as a storage building now. From the Hard Rock Hotel, it's directly behind the pool. I took some pictures of it a few weeks ago. I'll put 'em up on a website for you. I may have them up later today or tomorrow.

Thank you very much!!! :)

woofboy111

Originally posted by markymark

Cheers "Woof" I find it really wierd that the old building is just standing there in the middle of all the new stuff! Is it still guitar shaped I wonder, or is it just the "main" bit of the building that's left?
[/QUOTE

Thats a good question. I'll need to see if I could get a good view of that side of the building from the Hard Rock hotel.

Lance

Whoh, wait a minute, the Bates Motel is gone!!!! It was their in December of 98.

Did they get rid of it for the Hard Rock Hotel construction?

bates.jpg

186_UniversalBatesMotel.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom