Bass Fishing at WDW

Gig 'Em Mickey

Original Poster
Anybody ever done one the guiding bass fishing trips? Going with extended family and considering making a guys trip one morning to go fishing. What's the cost, and did y'all have fun/catch fish?

tl77

Anybody ever done one the guiding bass fishing trips? Going with extended family and considering making a guys trip one morning to go fishing. What's the cost, and did y'all have fun/catch fish?

My cousins who are pretty avid fishermen went once and said they had a fun time, but this was maybe 20 years ago so I don't know about cost or if it's still the same today

zurgandfriend

I not sure of the cost anymore but they have 2 hour or 4 hour "trips" for up to 5 people. No coolers or alcohol are allowed. My DS and I did it once many years ago and yes we caught and released lots of fish.

G8rchamps

I have seen tons of fish just from the docks but never tried. My DS9 and I are taking 2 small poles for our next trip!

belledream

I did this with my family a while ago. We definitely caught and released more fish than I expected! It was a pretty fun and relaxing day.

We've done this twice. Once was in February, when it was rather chilly, and the fishing was only so-so. The second time was in May - much warmer and we caught (and released) tons of fish, including some really large bass, as least by my reckoning. The guides were great both times. The 7 AM time is better - fewer boats around on the waterways, and cooler if you're going during warm weather. I think there are some discounts available, but the best one is the coupon in the Birnbaum guidebook for 20% off.

Wall-e

I've done it twice, first time with my dad and two brother in laws and the second with my wife. If I remember correctly you pay by the boat not person so it seemed more expensive with just the wife and I. I'm not a hardcore fisherman but I'm more then just a casual fisher and I will say that it may seem a little like shooting fish in a barrel if the fish are biting that morning (make sure you reserve for early morning) because you use live bait not lures but part of the allure (no pun intended) is the atmosphere. Getting to go to all the hotel docks and even near the kingdom is all part of the experience whilst getting to do some fishing. I plan to do it again once my son is old enough.

olinecoach61

I've done it twice, once on a regular boat and once on the nitro boat. Both trips were awesome and I would highly recommend it. It was much harder to catch a fish on the nitro boat, we used lures. On the regular boat we used bait and it was like shooting fish in a barrel. But the ride in the nitro boat was freaking sweet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom