"Baseball Tonight" to be held at WWoS

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ampaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

They've been doing a lot more ESPN events lately, mostly because it's just convenient with spring training going on, but they also held live broadcasts of Mike & Mike from WWoS a few weeks ago.

Just wish they would bring back some sort of ESPN event like they used to have at the Studios. Doing something like that at WWoS would be a cool space to do it as all the fields would allow for possible demonstrations/a lot more possibilities.

jakeman

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/espns-baseball-tonight-comes-to-walt-disney-world-resort/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

They've been doing a lot more ESPN events lately, mostly because it's just convenient with spring training going on, but they also held live broadcasts of Mike & Mike from WWoS a few weeks ago.

Just wish they would bring back some sort of ESPN event like they used to have at the Studios. Doing something like that at WWoS would be a cool space to do it as all the fields would allow for possible demonstrations/a lot more possibilities.
I think I heard somewhere that the Braves were considering leaving WWoS. This might be Disney leveraging some of their properties show the benefits of staying there.

With that said, ESPN's baseball coverage is lacking compare to MLB Network (obviously).

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
I think I heard somewhere that the Braves were considering leaving WWoS. This might be Disney leveraging some of their properties show the benefits of staying there.

With that said, ESPN's baseball coverage is lacking compare to MLB Network (obviously).
The Braves contract at WWoS ends in 2017. The Braves want to stay, but part of the problem is there's a lack of teams around them so they have to travel pretty far. There's a new baseball complex being built north of Tampa that's trying to pull the Braves away from Disney.

HOWEVER, knowing Disney, they'll find a way to keep them. They have the upper hand in the financial department here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom