Barcelona. 11 a.m. flight.

Ralphlaw

Original Poster
Our flight out of Barcelona after our cruise is 11 a.m. Disney recommends not having a flight until 11.30 a.m. Will we have enough time?

ChuckElias

Way too close for comfort. It's definitely possible, since the airport is only a 30-40 minutes away from the cruise terminal. But if the ship is delayed getting cleared, or if YOU'RE delayed getting through customs, or if traffic is bad, or if the line to check your bags takes forever, or if the security line is super long. . .

You get the idea. If everything has to go exactly right to catch your flight, you're going to get really stressed out. I would opt for a later flight, personally.

Ralphlaw

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone. Unfortunately our flights are non refundable. Originally, our flight was an hour later. Now they moved it up.

ChuckElias

Like I said, it's possible. You'll just have to get off the ship as soon as they'll let you. Hopefully, it's an easy transfer and you sail through security.

jeffnheather

Agreed with everything Chuck said. IF you can get off the ship first thing, get your bags without standing in a huge line, and you're on one of the first buses to leave, it should be okay. There is ALWAYS a chance that something could delay you, especially at MCO. I think we made it to the airport by 9:30am. Took this photo after getting off the ship around 7:45am in the DCL baggage area (before politely being told that no photos were allowed...and then being shown ALL the large signs that say that on the walls...HAHAHAHA).

ChuckElias

Agreed with everything Chuck said.
Sweet!! I love getting affirmation, baby!

However. . .

There is ALWAYS a chance that something could delay you, especially at MCO.
I think if you look back at the original post,

Our flight out of Barcelona after our cruise is 11 a.m

So, while I agree with all your points, and I think they still generally apply to the situation, I think Ralph is not worried about MCO. :)

Took this photo after getting off the ship around 7:45am in the DCL baggage area (before politely being told that no photos were allowed.
Can I just ask what is the point of this stupid rule? What are they worried is going to happen?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Check with the cruise line, but, you can usually opt to carry your own luggage out, and if you do that, you can be one of the first to leave the shoapt.*

*Avoiding the ship v. boat debate.

Where ya goin'?..

Oh.

jeffnheather

Sweet!! I love getting affirmation, baby!

However. . .

I think if you look back at the original post,

So, while I agree with all your points, and I think they still generally apply to the situation, I think Ralph is not worried about MCO. :)

Can I just ask what is the point of this stupid rule? What are they worried is going to happen?
Doh! I totally skipped over the whole 'Barcelona' thing! I can see how that is a bit different than MCO...lol

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'd say doing the Express Walk Off (carrying all your luggage off the ship yourself and being among the first to disembark) is your best option. The next question would be - How are you getting to MCO?

jeffnheather

And I wondered the same thing about that rule...especially when there are so many cool murals to see down there! (Which, in my defense, is what I was distracted by and why I didn't see the large 'no pictures' visual sign right in front of me... ;) )

NelleBelle

Just cross your fingers there isn't a city-wide strike when you go. When DH were in Barcelona for our cruise, we luckily avoided one of the days the city had scheduled strikes (not sure how volatile the government situation is there currently but I know there was definite tension when we went--hopefully all has smoothed over). We definitely were worried about local transportation.

And we can definitely attest to missing a flight from the cruise ship not clearing customs when they were supposed to. We had planned to do early walk-off but due to some delays from the ship not clearing customs, we were not allowed to disembark for nearly 3-hours past the time the ship was scheduled to. Lesson learned the hard way not to try and make a morning flight!🥴

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom