Barber Shop & First Haircut

natolij02

Original Poster
My daughter is 3 1/2 and I have not had her haircut yet (her hair is down to her butt it's so long) so, I was thinking of having it done (a tirm) in Disney at the Barber Shop on Main Street. I was just wondering if they do anything to make it special. I am also gonna get her an up do with colored hair gel at the same time. Do they charge seperate for the haircut and up do with gel or is it all one price.

sjead

We had my youngest's first hair cut done at Harmony Barber Shop and it was GREAT! They gave him a mickey hat with first haircut embroridered on the back, tons of mickey stickers, and a special certificate all included in the cost. I got lots of great pics too! Definitely do it!:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
did you have to make an appointment or did you just go and wait in line?
It is walk up only so get there very early. Here is a picture of the shadowbox I made of my daughters first hair cut there. You will get the first hair cut ears and a certificate. The price is very reasonable...on par with supercuts or hair cuttery.

P1220178.JPG

P1220182.JPG

P1220185.JPG

Where exactly is the barber shop inside the Magic Kingdom? Do they do shaves too?
It is next to the parade gate and fire station on the left side of main st right as you walk into MK. They do nothing but hair cuts. No shaves, washes, colors, etc.

My granddaughter had her first haircut at Disney. It was a great time. Got there when the park first opened and was 3rd in line. So I would say get there very early, because everytime I look overthere there is always a line.

ErickainPA

We had our son's haircut there at 7 months old. We were at the park on Easter and my husband really wanted our son's haircut there, so I gave in and asked for a slight trim (I wanted him to still look like a baby, just without the crazy hair. They did a great job he looked so cute with his hat on. We got his 1 yr b-day cut local to us and I hated it and cried (I was also 7 months pregnant with our twins to be fair) I haven't taken him to get his haircut since, I just trim it myself at home now.

We wanted to get the girls hair trimmed there but it wasn't crazy nuts looking and they didn't have enough length to really do it at the time we were there.

I love the shadow box idea, I should do that with my son's.

DizneyPryncess

It is walk up only so get there very early. Here is a picture of the shadowbox I made of my daughters first hair cut there. You will get the first hair cut ears and a certificate. The price is very reasonable...on par with supercuts or hair cuttery.

P1220178.JPG

That is really really cute! I have never seen the certificate or ears before. Great idea w/framing it too. When I have kids, I will have to take them to do this!

I've gone in to visit the barbershop before at random times of day, and they have always been full with at least 1 or 2 people waiting. Too bad they don't have fast passes for it. :)

natolij02

Original Poster
That is really really cute! I have never seen the certificate or ears before. Great idea w/framing it too. When I have kids, I will have to take them to do this!

I've gone in to visit the barbershop before at random times of day, and they have always been full with at least 1 or 2 people waiting. Too bad they don't have fast passes for it. :)

I think your on to something with the whole fast pass idea!

EPCOTPluto

I had my first barber shop cut at the MK sometime back in 1993. That's all I know, with no certificates or ears to remember it...

Then we came back again in 2003.

This time was a pretty magical experience, since while my hair was cut, the Dapper Dans happened to stroll in and sang to me! :D

So you may never know what can happen there. Your first haircut there may be more than what you wished for! :D

toystorymaniacs

Did you plan it that way or did your trips just happen to fall into when they needed to get their hair cut.

We planned it. Of course my oldest was bald until he was 2 so he was 2.5 before his first haircut. My youngest was only 9 months old and really needed one 2 months before we got there but we held off!
My oldest has already started saying he's not getting his haircut again until we get there (41 days) of course it's been like 3 weeks since he got his haircut so we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom