Bar Seating in Disney Springs (No ADRs)?

DISR

Original Poster
My wife and I are doing a long weekend without the kids (June 2019). The whole idea is to relax and do things we wouldn't do if they were with us (so no parks). We are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek. One of our focus areas is to explore is Disney Springs, which always seems to get shorted when the kids are with us. Since we are trying to keep the trip somewhat spontaneous, we don't want to do ADR's. What restaurants in Disney Springs have an open bar/high-top seating area outside the ADR seating in the main dining rooms? We want to be able to walk in after the pool/golf/shopping and get a seat with a somewhat reasonable wait and enjoy the full restaurant menu. We have done this at Morimoto and Splitsville, but I'm not sure what other restaurants in Disney Springs have this option. We are not late night eaters, so I imagine we will be there somewhere between 6-8 pm. If the waits are reasonable, we also enjoy progressive dining...maybe get one thing to share and hit multiple restaurants.

Amos1784

We have done this multiple times, since when we normally travel it is only my husband and I at this point. We have enjoyed full meals, appetizers or drinks at Homecomin, Morimoto, Frontera, and Boathouse. It actually is our preferred place to sit in most of the restaurants. We also do appetizers at most and drinks and make our way around to different places. We actually do this at a lot of Disney restaurants (Flying Fish/Cali Grill) we don't like to be tied down to reservations so we hit up the bars and the hotel lounges (most have great food). Have fun!

DISR

Original Poster
We have done this multiple times, since when we normally travel it is only my husband and I at this point. We have enjoyed full meals, appetizers or drinks at Homecomin, Morimoto, Frontera, and Boathouse. It actually is our preferred place to sit in most of the restaurants. We also do appetizers at most and drinks and make our way around to different places. We actually do this at a lot of Disney restaurants (Flying Fish/Cali Grill) we don't like to be tied down to reservations so we hit up the bars and the hotel lounges (most have great food). Have fun!
Thanks. Homecomin is definitely on my wish-list to try.

danyoung56

It's not in Disney Springs, but you might consider the bar at the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. They serve from the full menu there, and the view is incredible. I've done this myself several times when I didn't have an ADR, and have enjoyed it very much!

DISR

Original Poster
It's not in Disney Springs, but you might consider the bar at the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Resort. They serve from the full menu there, and the view is incredible. I've done this myself several times when I didn't have an ADR, and have enjoyed it very much!
We've done that a couple of times...I have ADRs there for August (watching fireworks from air conditioning!!!). Good call, but we're trying to focus on the Springs area. I have been surprised how easy it was to walk in to CG and get seating in the regular bar or at the sushi bar. One of my best Disney dining experiences was sitting at the sushi bar and talking to the former sushi chef there. She basically made us whatever she wanted all night as we talked to her. It was awesome, but the check was eye watering. We had a great time though. Hope she is enjoying retirement.

Amos1784

We did Frontera on our last trip. No ADR and the bar had plenty of seats. Food was amazing as well - the avocado marg was the best!

THIS... If you want a good margarita Frontera is where to go. Cava our last couple visits has been awful, when and if we return we will just get a good sipping tequila and skip the margarita .:hungover:

DISR

Original Poster
THIS... If you want a good margarita Frontera is where to go. Cava our last couple visits has been awful, when and if we return we will just get a good sipping tequila and skip the margarita .:hungover:
I miss the old Cava before it was "discovered". Out of necessity (due to the demand) it went from a relatively unknown/hidden craft drink bar to crowded quick service drink location. I wonder if the new Margarita place outside has changed some of that? Thanks for echoing the endorsement for Frontera. We will definitely try it for at least one drink.

bunnyman

Have done the bar seating many times, and enjoyed them each time. Never a wait, friendly servers, and nice menus:

The Boathouse
Paddlefish
The Edison

Mickey5150

The best seats at Raglan Road are only available without an ADR. The outdoor seating area is 1st come 1st served, it's the full menu, and they have their own entertainment outside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom