Balloons at Kidani Village

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Does anyone know if balloons are still not allowed in the rooms at Kidani Village? I’ve read mixed things that yes they are and that they lifted the ban at the hotels a few years ago.

LeighM

Does anyone know if balloons are still not allowed in the rooms at Kidani Village? I’ve read mixed things that yes they are and that they lifted the ban at the hotels a few years ago.

I haven't seen anything about the ban being lifted and, honestly, can't think of why they would lift it when the ban was there to protect the animals on the savanna. It wasn't changed when we stayed there in 2019. Your best bet would to be email or chat with WDW directly and get the answer directly from them.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
They are still banned and will always be banned. Please don’t break the rules it’s a genuine danger to the animals.

We have no intentions of breaking the rules - that's why I asked. I only sought clarification as I had seen a few posts on other forums that it wasn't being enforced any longer and that people had been allowed to take them back to their rooms at AKL and on the buses headed to AKL.

The reality is I also need to know if I need to prep my 3 year old that we may not be able to get a balloon this trip since we are planning on staying at AKL.

Chi84

Premium Member
Jeez everyone - no need to be so snarky. We have been to Disney World a ton and I know the rules around balloons at DAK. I simply asked for confirmation if what I read was true. The reality is we absolutely would not willingly try to violate the policies that Disney has set in place.

I read on another forum that isn't nearly as reliable as this one that they had done away with the rules around balloons at the lodge. I simply wanted confirmation if that was true because the reality is I didn't want to buy a balloon thinking it had gone away and then have to take it from my 3 year old. The only time we have stayed at AKL was 5 years before my son was born so balloons were the last thing on our mind during that trip.
Sometimes people just overreact or have a bad day.

Of course you’re okay with asking a question about whether the rules have changed. It’s up to Disney to adopt the rules and then incumbent on the guests to follow them.

There’s nothing wrong with the question in your original post and certainly nothing that has invited some of the rude responses here. The best I can tell is maybe there was some misunderstanding when you used the word “enforced” rather than the term “in effect.”

Chi84

Premium Member
Seriously? Why does the rule matter?

You honestly see no problem with "welp, there's no rule against it so who cares if a sable antelope chokes to death?"
Of course the rule matters - that’s why it was adopted by Disney and is still in effect. That’s all the OP wanted to know.

Under those circumstances, I’m not sure why we’re discussing why people shouldn’t try to get away with not following the rule - much less what people should do in the absence of any rule whatsoever. And being less than welcoming in the process.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
May I suggest that you call the hotel directly to inquire about their rules. (I would assume they would not allow balloons, but it may be helpful to get some current clarification.) I hope that you and your 3-year-old son have a pleasant vacation at WDW.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

So it looks like the OP can go ahead and buy the balloon then. Although I would ask at the front desk before buying it @jpeden.

We wouldn’t be able to do anything if we checked the balloon at bell services. My daughter would spend the whole trip wanting to go visit her balloon to make sure she’s alright 😂😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom