BAH...

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
Ok, I know I'm going to sound so ignorant and like such a newbie, but this is a legitimate question: What's with all the hate for the BAH in HS?

Is it because it blocks the GMR? Or do people just genuinely think it's ugly? I wanna know! :confused:

SAV

For me it is location of it. It totally ruins the view down Hollywood Blvd. It was so nice before when you had the Chinese Theater as the backdrop. Now you have the BAH, actually you have a stage with the BAH in back of that. Just awful.

I would love for them to move the BAH to the entrance plaza for the park or along the entrance path to Fantasmic!

Marc Gil

Because it's blocking the real view
Disney-MGM-Studios-1989-19-M.jpg

It also pretty much ruins the 1940's Hollywood theming.

ABQ

For me, it's the view.
6.jpg

Not only does it block the wonderful vista and the old Hollywood ambiance it created, it now gives them one more place to dump that horrid stage into. I'm sure, someone in a suit said, "Meh, no one will care if we build a stage in front of the hat" and the fact that it, along with other de, er construction obscured the awesome Disney MGM Hidden Mickey

tumblr_lmizakat3Y1qzbdgko1_1280.jpg

KDiS88

For me, it's the view.
6.jpg

Not only does it block the wonderful vista and the old Hollywood ambiance it created, it now gives them one more place to dump that horrid stage into. I'm sure, someone in a suit said, "Meh, no one will care if we build a stage in front of the hat" and the fact that it, along with other de, er construction obscured the awesome Disney MGM Hidden Mickey

Whoa! This pic is so cool, I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing :)

rob0519

For me, it's the view.
6.jpg

Agree completely on both the view and that horrid stage.

Polydweller

I always find these discussions about the hat very interesting. Yes, the theatre is nice but is in no way a Disney icon. And yet people hate having something that is absolutely iconic, the hat from Fantasia in DHS. In many threads, like the Avatar and Starbuck's ones plus others, people are always upset about non-Disney things being in the parks. The hat is one of the most important Disney icons. Guess it's my fault for expecting consistency on a Disney board.

Now if the theatre at the end was the Carthay Circle, where Disney's most important film Snow White premiered people might have a case, but it's Mann's.

Last edited:

RayTheFirefly

Original Poster
I always find these discussions about the hat very interesting. Yes, the theatre is nice but is in no way a Disney icon. And yet people hate having something that is absolutely iconic, the hat from Fantasia in DHS. In many threads, like the Avatar and Starbuck's ones plus others, people are always upset about non-Disney things being in the parks. The hat is one of the most important Disney icons. Guess it's my fault for expecting consistency on a Disney board.

My guess is for most people maybe it's not the hat itself, but its location? I have to agree, the views down Hollywood Blvd. without the hat are a completely different theme and immersion than with the BAH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom