bad day....do more disney planning?

bgoebel

so after a week of being sick, went to doctor and found out have asthmatic bronchitis (lots of meds and inhaler for first time ever). After coughing up a lung again last night woke up to non clean house (don't we all) thus frustration, spilled water all over bills that needed to be sent, and then car wouldn't start so had to coordinate rides to school for kids and get my car jumped and coordinate rides for myself and my 17 month old to get new battery. So anyways, not great day. So what do I do to get out of funk besides get a iced cafe mocha from starbucks?? I go even further into disney planning mode then I already am. Is this normal for you guys too? I know we are all disney addicts, so does disney have the magic to turn my day around even though I'm 913 miles away.... the answer, yes it does :) > any other disney trip planning I can do today?? anyone need me to make them an itinerary ;) to further give me some cathartic disney therapy.

zurgandfriend

Planning our next Disney vacation greatly helped my son and I “survive” a week at the beach with my in-laws this past summer. So in a word “yes.” Relax, sit on the couch and watch a vacation planning DVD you’ll feel better, get well.

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
Ha, I was planning on doing alot more, but forgot that the calendar for parks wouldn't be out until December because we are going june of 2013 so I'll have to keep it lighter but still looking up other disney vacations items is still therapeutic. Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Poor you. Hope you feel better soon, recommend asking your Doc about a pneumonia shot.

My April started out badly and topped off by my elderly father needing attention went by ambulance to the hospital, admitted, then literally thrown out 2 days later with 15 minutes notice, he lives over an hour away.

My solution after dragg'n his tush out of the hospital was to call my CM son, book a trip to WDW, look up last minute airfare, then told DH I was going for 6 nights, did he want to come too? Can't? sorry, tootles.
Mental health first. By April 15th I was in warmth and visiting my son who found me great deals. So in just over a week Disney gave me a brighter attitude. Once years before, I booked a 2 week trip, DH DS DD and me and was on a plane 4 days later when my boss ticked me off, it was either quit or flee. Flee won.

Upvote 0

93boomer

Premium Member
Ohh hope you feel better real soon! Just keep thinking Disney thoughts and how happy you are when you visit! Take care and eat lots of chicken soup and drink liquids!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

so after a week of being sick, went to doctor and found out have asthmatic bronchitis (lots of meds and inhaler for first time ever). After coughing up a lung again last night woke up to non clean house (don't we all) thus frustration, spilled water all over bills that needed to be sent, and then car wouldn't start so had to coordinate rides to school for kids and get my car jumped and coordinate rides for myself and my 17 month old to get new battery. So anyways, not great day. So what do I do to get out of funk besides get a iced cafe mocha from starbucks?? I go even further into disney planning mode then I already am. Is this normal for you guys too? I know we are all disney addicts, so does disney have the magic to turn my day around even though I'm 913 miles away.... the answer, yes it does :) > any other disney trip planning I can do today?? anyone need me to make them an itinerary ;) to further give me some cathartic disney therapy.
First and foremost, feel better. Secondly, focus on your next Disney vacation, and plan, plan, plan!!! Watch Youtube videos, listen to Disney audio tracks, watch Disney movies on DVD. We all go through bad times, but think positive, you have plans to make for an awesome Disney vacation!!! :)

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

Oh thank God you started this post because I know exactly how you feel. I love having the trip a plan to get me through the winters and stress of my job, sometimes when really feeling bad I pop in a video and watch some of our past vacations. Feel better soon!

Upvote 0

smk

We just came home on Sunday, had a so so trip, hotel was not so good, All star sports. My husband is on antibiotics for cellulitis, maybe a spider bite gone bad? But he does not want to go again anytime soon. So I will be going alone I guess, cause wnen I have a bad day I always turn to Disney vacation planning. I know exactly what you are talking about. Hope planning your trip gets you feeling better soon, if not you will have a very well planned trip! :)

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
I knew I'd find comfort and understanding on wdw magic!! So since the parks calendar was not available to check on hours/parades and plan out what park for each day for the time we are going I got my intinerary and got to add 2 columns since we are going for 2 more days then last trip (that cheered me up in itself). Meds finally seem to be workin (test will be how I sleep/cough tonight with meds). I also found joy in knowing there was a new wdwtoday podcast today. I also added some disney magic to make me smile when decided to surprise the kids by playing a new version of "grim grinning ghosts" (my middle child's favorite ride is haunted manision) when I picked them up from school. I love that you all have done and found joy in disney when you are having a terrible no good very bad day!

Upvote 0

Raven66

Ha, I was planning on doing alot more, but forgot that the calendar for parks wouldn't be out until December because we are going june of 2013 so I'll have to keep it lighter but still looking up other disney vacations items is still therapeutic. Thanks guys!

We are going in June as well. When during the month will you be there? I'm patiently waiting to make ADR's. Ok sorta patiently.:D

Upvote 0

bgoebel

Original Poster
We are going in June as well. When during the month will you be there? I'm patiently waiting to make ADR's. Ok sorta patiently.:D

we will be going june 3rd thru the 10th staying at our old favorite pofq but if good deal comes out we may upgrade to poly or take advantage of free dining if that is offer. When I made reservation I asked if they would give me the exact 180 day for ADR's and apparently it's Dec. 5th and I am also trying to wait patiently for that date :) unfortunately I'm thinking it will be first of December before calendars out and I'd like to get my days at park plotted out before I make ADR's so that'll be put in deep planning the first week of December to make sure I get all dates/parks planned out the way I think we'll want them

When are you going and where are you staying??

Upvote 0

Raven66

we will be going june 3rd thru the 10th staying at our old favorite pofq but if good deal comes out we may upgrade to poly or take advantage of free dining if that is offer. When I made reservation I asked if they would give me the exact 180 day for ADR's and apparently it's Dec. 5th and I am also trying to wait patiently for that date :) unfortunately I'm thinking it will be first of December before calendars out and I'd like to get my days at park plotted out before I make ADR's so that'll be put in deep planning the first week of December to make sure I get all dates/parks planned out the way I think we'll want them

When are you going and where are you staying??

We are going June 6-June 13. We are staying at AoA. If a free dining offer happens to come out and AoA is not included we will change resorts. But we are really looking forward to staying there. We did our reservations on line and it told us our 180 days was Dec. 10th, so we are excited for that. I sure hope it isn't super hot in the beginning of June. My husband said the other day that he wished he could close his eyes and wake up on June 6th. I said "honey, that's called a coma" He just wants it to get here like now. He keeps saying he's too excited to sleep and I tell him he's gonna be pretty tired then. :rolleyes: He's worse then a kid!!

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I know how you feel! I'm going from December 2nd - 8th and I'm really excited! You're more than welcome to help with my planning, I haven't been to any parks but Epcot (I was there in 2010) since I was six, so I'm a little rusty. Haha. :)

Upvote 0

stefan74

That is why I plan so far in advance. It helps me make it through the days and weeks leading up to the trip. It gives me something to look forward to and it puts me in a magical mood!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Yep! I totally do this! The worse mood i'm in, the more I go into Disney Dream Land. :) And if planning a trip - Disney Planning Land! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom