Backlot tour water tank

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Has anybody on here ever got lucky enough to be picked to be the Captain or Skipper on the backlot tour. If so share ur experience with us.

timoteo

I did. About 1989 or 1990. There is a very thick piece of plexiglass on your left hand window where the water hits you. There were a few holes in the plexiglass to let some water through. You do not really feel it. The most you feel is the cast members shaking the platform right before the water hits and then the roar of the water. The actually impact looks much worse on the outside. I had a lot of fun. the cast members had the routine down to a science and were whispering to me every move I was to make. They were making sure I didn't trip or run into anything. II think they actually were holding my hand most of the time. I really couldn't hear the anouncements /show because of the hood and I guess the way the speakers were placed. I was a little embarrassed but thrilled at the same time. IT WAS HOT that day and the rubber raincoat even more so. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get wetter. I could have used it. I also got picked to do the hula at the poly show. That was really embarrassing. I must have that kind of average guy look or if you go as many times as I have, you can get picked too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom