Back to School Blues for Mom :(

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Packed the kids off to school this morning. One starting High school & the other new to middle school. :cry: Where does the time go?? Not just the summer but life in general? It seems only yesterday we were taking each of them on their first trip to Disney! Then to kindergarten.. now HS & MS! It just really hit me that it is all almost over they are almost adults. Makes me stop and wonder how many more trips we will take to WDW all together as a family. I think I will treasure this one just a little bit more. Kids grow up way to fast, now I know what everyone meant when they told me that when they were little.:cry::cry:

DormaNesbit

I know where you are coming from! My oldest starts his senior year in high school and my middle starts 8th grade and my baby 6th grade. My son just went to high school yesterday and now he's a senior. My children go back Sept. 9th. We've had such a great summer, I don't want it to end!!!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I know where you are coming from! My oldest starts his senior year in high school and my middle starts 8th grade and my baby 6th grade. My son just went to high school yesterday and now he's a senior. My children go back Sept. 9th. We've had such a great summer, I don't want it to end!!!!

Our summer has been full of remodeling and working on our new house so we didn't get to do that much. Maybe that is why it has hit me so hard but I think that it is more it was okay to have one in middle school while the other was still in elementary but the whole high/middle thing just kinda has me shocked!

At least you have until after Labor Day to enjoy what is left of summer. I wish we did that here. :)

disneyowf

But you know what's really neat - my kids are 23, 21 and 19 and now I get to experience the joy of them being 'buddies' and doing things together as 'buddies' along with watching them experience their own lives as they move on. My oldest (boy) just last week got engaged and that is super exciting to experience a new phase in our lives as a family!:)

Yes, time flies as the kids grow up, but enjoy and cherish the good times! They don't necessarily end because they're older!:)

Uponastar

Boy, do I know how you feel.
My two are 29 and 27 and I really don't know how that can be!!! :lol:
I miss my little princesses when my husband and I go to WDW, but we took a family trip there last October and it was most amazing. We look forward to more of those.

Seriously, things do change as they grow older, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Cherish what you have now and look forward to different sorts of experiences as the years go by. My "little girls" still need their mom, but it's awesome to have them as friends now, as well. It is most rewarding to see the results of raising responsible, independent, young adults.

WDWFREAK53

I know what you mean :(

I remember way back about 7 months ago...when she was as big as a grain of rice...and now she's all grown up and about to pop out.

:lookaroun

DormaNesbit

I know what you mean :(

I remember way back about 7 months ago...when she was as big as a grain of rice...and now she's all grown up and about to pop out.

:lookaroun

And your life will never be the same!!!:D

I do cherish my time with my children and I thank my husband for being the wonderful person who goes off to work everyday while I get to be home here for our children. There are not many stay at home mom's these days. Check that out, I'm old and almost extinct!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

PotteryGal

I totally understand...I will have a 2nd and 7th grader this year. Time really does fly....six more years and we'll be sending the oldest off to college...and I know it will fly by. I agree with DormaNesbit about being able to stay home with my kiddos, we are a rare breed these days. But I'm not ready to call myself old and extinct! :ROFLOL:

tigsmom

I packed my firstborn off to college today for the start of her senior year,but I can still remember the day she was born....*sigh*

My youngest is now a HS sophomore and very independent (been that way since the day she was born :lol: ). To be totally honest, I think we have taken our last trip together as an entire family and that makes me :cry:

As a "kid" myself, I can tell you that they feel time has gone by just as fast, and they have much of the same feelings as you!!!!!

I still get choked up thinking about how quickly time has passed!

lilclerk

As a "kid" myself, I can tell you that they feel time has gone by just as fast, and they have much of the same feelings as you!!!!!

I still get choked up thinking about how quickly time has passed!
Same here. I never wanted to grow up, always wanted (still want) to be Peter Pan.
But to make the moms here feel better, my sisters are 35, 33 and I'm 25 and BOY do we still need our mom :lol:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Thanks for all the replies and kind words guys. I just now got back online because I decided to get busy doing something rather than sitting around feeling so bummed yesterday so I canned some Salsa until the kids got home. The good news is that they both loved it(school) so that made me very happy. I know that life is about change and I have to accept that and let go a little bit more and more along the way but it still hurts a little. We have had a rough week here with the passing of one of the kid's friends in an accident too. :cry:

Very good to hear that kids see it the same way too- I'm close to both of mine but my DD is like Tigsmom said very independent, always has been. DS isn't though, he is still, so far a momma's boy. (until he meets the love of his life I am sure) :(

Oh and I don't consider myself to be old yet but DD does but I agree us stay at home moms are a rare breed!

Gucci65

I only have one child and she started her freshman year of college back on 8/17/09. It was a huge shock for me - where has the time gone??? We have always been close, but now that she is older she has become a great friend to me!!

Yesterday was my birthday and Lindsay showed up with balloons, flowers and took me to lunch. Something that she would not have been able to do if she was still in high school.

I do miss my little girl but am so fortunate to have a wonderful relationship with the beautiful young lady my daughter has grown up to be!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom