Trip Report Back so soon? LIVE

I may have just finished my last TR (The Big Fat Liars Thanksgiving Report!) but our next trip is fast approaching so I'd better make a PTR! This will be another short, non-parks trip.

Background: Our dear friend S is getting married! The official engagement has been very short (and no, it's not a shotgun wedding before anyone chimes in :rolleyes:) so we had to make our plans quickly. S's fiance is in the military and is being transferred to Japan very soon so it was important for them to make things official before he leaves. She's an elementary school teacher so she will finish the school year before following him to live in Japan for the next three years. Since it was relatively short notice, they picked a holiday weekend so as many friends and family could attend as possible.

ANNNNNDDDD since it's a holiday weekend, of course we will do a little Disney while we're in Florida!!

Friday, February 17
Afternoon flight to JAX
Overnight with M's parents

Saturday, February 18
Late morning wedding and brunch
Celebrations! And packing!
Overnight with M's parents

Sunday, February 19
Drive to MCO
DME to CSR
Check in to CSR
Resort hopping
8:10 Dinner at Beaches and Cream
More resort hopping and maybe some fireworks viewing?
Overnight at CSR

Monday, February 20
10:15 Breakfast at Las Ventanas
DME to MCO
Afternoon flight to EWR

That's it for now. The Disney part, as you can see, will be very short, so instead of doing a full TR I'll probably do a live or semi-live trip while we're down there.

bee

Original Poster
IMG_0308.jpg

bee

Original Poster
Single digit dance!

3dd7507613fe328ca6c99d9a3c534bd1.gif

(I picked Snow White just for you, @Tuvalu!)

Not much to update in terms on the Disney part of the trip except that we are thinking about WCC for lunch on Sunday. We won't book until we get to Orlando because we don't know how long it will take to return the car, catch the DME, etc., and don't want to risk missing it. The quinoa cakes and fancy lunch grilled cheese look delightful.

M and I each bought a new dress for the wedding.
m dress.JPG

Blue for M

b dress.JPG

Black and white for me

Friday we're going shopping for shoes for the wedding. We both have pretty casual dress codes for work (except me when I'm in costume haha) so we haven't bought non-casual shoes in a long time.

Only seven days of teaching and one day of church singing for me until we go! :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Single digit dance!

3dd7507613fe328ca6c99d9a3c534bd1.gif

(I picked Snow White just for you, @Tuvalu!)

Not much to update in terms on the Disney part of the trip except that we are thinking about WCC for lunch on Sunday. We won't book until we get to Orlando because we don't know how long it will take to return the car, catch the DME, etc., and don't want to risk missing it. The quinoa cakes and fancy lunch grilled cheese look delightful.

M and I each bought a new dress for the wedding.
View attachment 188568
Blue for M

View attachment 188569
Black and white for me

Friday we're going shopping for shoes for the wedding. We both have pretty casual dress codes for work (except me when I'm in costume haha) so we haven't bought non-casual shoes in a long time.

Only seven days of teaching and one day of church singing for me until we go! :D
Did somebody say quinoa cakes
IMG_1530.JPG
:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: Get a glass of Gunsmoke Red to keep with the theme:hungry:
IMG_1531.JPG
I'm so in love with both dresses and I get the shoe thing. A few weeks ago I needed to wear a pair of good basic black pumps and guess who got to go shoe shopping. :D

bee

Original Poster
Did somebody say quinoa cakesView attachment 188570 :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: Get a glass of Gunsmoke Red to keep with the theme:hungry:View attachment 188571 I'm so in love with both dresses and I get the shoe thing. A few weeks ago I needed to wear a pair of good basic black pumps and guess who got to go shoe shopping. :D
Thanks for the photos! They look delish!

Thanks and yay for shoe shopping!

So cool that you will get a little Disney again. And those dresses are really nice!
Thanks! We're excited to wear them!

Both dresses are very pretty. I like the full skirt effect.
Thanks! I like the full-skirted silhouette too as I'm a curvy gal and it accentuates my waist. I will probably wear a petticoat (which I incidentally bought for a Daisy Duck Disneybound, haha) for even more fullness.

LisaBelle

Jealous you get to go back so soon! Sounds like a fun trip.
Love the dresses! Hope you & M find the perfect pair of shoes to match.
Totally unrelated to Disney, but know you are a Hamilton fan. They just announced that Hamilton will be in my hometown of Cincinnati for the 2018/2019 season of Broadway in Cincinnati. We just bought season tickets for the 2017/2018 season so we can just renew for 2018 and are guaranteed tickets for Hamilton!!!! So excited even though it's still so far away!!
We had an opera program at my school this week. I had a few kiddos who were really engaged in the performance. Maybe some future opera singers!

bee

Original Poster
Those dresses are gorgeous - so classy! Yay for single digits! :D
Thanks! We love that single digit dance! :D

Jealous you get to go back so soon! Sounds like a fun trip.
Love the dresses! Hope you & M find the perfect pair of shoes to match.
Totally unrelated to Disney, but know you are a Hamilton fan. They just announced that Hamilton will be in my hometown of Cincinnati for the 2018/2019 season of Broadway in Cincinnati. We just bought season tickets for the 2017/2018 season so we can just renew for 2018 and are guaranteed tickets for Hamilton!!!! So excited even though it's still so far away!!
We had an opera program at my school this week. I had a few kiddos who were really engaged in the performance. Maybe some future opera singers!
Thanks! I hope so too!

YAAAY congrats on your (future) Hamilton tickets! The time will fly by!

So cool that you had an opera program at school! I've done several outreach performances and honestly kids can be the absolute best audience. Their reactions are so real and immediate and they laugh at things you never thought to find funny. :joyfull:

bee

Original Poster
image.jpeg
Wow... you are almost ready for your next trip!
Almost!! This time next week S will be married and we'll be getting ready for bed before our quick trip to WDW!

Tonight M made us waffles for dessert. (See above-and sorry the photo is so dark. I used my iPad bc my phone has touch disease and the screen basically doesn't work at all unless I'm pressing a specific place on the back of the phone really hard. Getting a new one in the mail Wednesday but until then I basically have a brick with Siri haha. ANYWAY!) I said, "too bad they're not Mickey-shaped!" She suggested we make three and put them in the appropriate shape. :D

We did not find any shoes yesterday. We each have a pair of flats that will work (yes flats, we may be relatively femme but we are getting too old to put our feet through pain for the sake of fashion hahah). I ordered some wide black belts to try with the dress (mine has a built in "belt" looking waistline but I want a little more definition). Hopefully I'll be getting a haircut this week. I was growing it out for the last show I was in so I'm overdue for a trim and some layer upkeep!

Six days until Florida (and Frisky :cat:) and eight until Coronado!!!

bee

Original Poster
So...with the news that Wishes is ending soon, I decided to investigate possible viewing options for Sunday night. Obviously we wouldn't make it from our Beaches and Cream (8:10) reservation over to anywhere suitable for seeing Wishes. I looked into various MK resort dining options, and we decided on Narcoossee's! We've never eaten there and they apparently have a separate vegetarian menu, which looks delightful! We got a reservation for 7:35 and Wishes is at 9:00 that evening, so depending on timing and where we are seated we'll either watch from inside or the deck outside. We've never eaten at Narcoossee's and I'm excited to try it!

So that means our Sunday plans will probably include some monorail-hopping and maybe we can fit in a visit to Trader Sam's (if the President's Day crowds aren't nuts of course). Maybe we'll stick around the area for the Water Pageant.

Five days until Florida and seven until Disney!

Figgy1

Premium Member
So...with the news that Wishes is ending soon, I decided to investigate possible viewing options for Sunday night. Obviously we wouldn't make it from our Beaches and Cream (8:10) reservation over to anywhere suitable for seeing Wishes. I looked into various MK resort dining options, and we decided on Narcoossee's! We've never eaten there and they apparently have a separate vegetarian menu, which looks delightful! We got a reservation for 7:35 and Wishes is at 9:00 that evening, so depending on timing and where we are seated we'll either watch from inside or the deck outside. We've never eaten at Narcoossee's and I'm excited to try it!

So that means our Sunday plans will probably include some monorail-hopping and maybe we can fit in a visit to Trader Sam's (if the President's Day crowds aren't nuts of course). Maybe we'll stick around the area for the Water Pageant.

Five days until Florida and seven until Disney!
Congrats on the dining score. Love me some monorail hopping:hungry::hungry::hungry:

bee

Original Poster
Congrats on the dining score. Love me some monorail hopping:hungry::hungry::hungry:
Thanks!! And apparently Narcoossee's offers a Disney Visa discount of 10%! :D

I started some packing today. Since it's a short trip we just need wedding clothes, airplane clothes, and Disney clothes (signature restaurant appropriate, of course!). And pajamas and underwear and all that good stuff. I can't believe we leave Friday morning!

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. And if you didn't, know that somebody else also didn't! I saw this on the way home from teaching last night:

16640992_10208219632464018_969470066667617795_n.jpg

bee

Original Poster
The Live TR begins!

We woke up at 7:00 this morning (which is when M gets up for work anyway) and had smoothies at home. We caught the 8:10 bus from our block to Port Authority.

IMG_0358.JPG

Emerging from the tunnel

From there we took the E to Jackson Heights. A Q70 SBS (express to LGA) was already waiting. We managed to get two seats together and the bus left almost immediately after we got on!

IMG_0369.JPG

MTA made the Q70 free this week! So no waiting to get a ticket from the machine!

IMG_0375.JPG

Construction at LGA

IMG_0377.JPG

Here we are!

IMG_0379.JPG

Inside

Security only took nine minutes for me. Poor M was routed to a different line and got stuck behind a large family of non-frequent travelers. She was through in fifteen minutes.

IMG_0382.JPG
Welcome...

bee

Original Poster
I assume most of you don't play Pokémon GO. If you do you probably know there was an update yesterday (?) and they added 80 new Pokémon.

IMG_0385.PNG

Like this guy!

I forgot to mention that in front of us in line before the ID and boarding pass check there was a maybe 8-10 year old girl with an animal carrier. And inside was THE cutest little orange kitty. M guessed it was 3-4 months old. I would have taken a picture but didn't want to seem creepy, haha.

There aren't a lot of food choices in Terminal B. But we did find:
IMG_0386.JPG
IMG_0387.JPG

That's a large mocha! We shared.

Now we are waiting a bit over an hour to board and we take off close to noon.

It's weird to be flying from LGA since we almost always fly from EWR as it's much more convenient, living in NJ. It's also weird not to be flying in the early morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom