Back From Our First Trip

We returned this afternoon from our first family trip to Disney. We had a blast! I have never been a person who dealt well with crowds and heat, but even those two things did not stop me from having more fun than I could ever had imagined.

I planned for us to do one park per day and checked all the suggestions from various sites on what to bring to the park and how to dress for the weather. Most of them were very helpful. I've got the Disney fever for sure. I couldn't stop watching the Disney information channel in our hotel room every night.

We had some very special suprises too. On Tuesday we were asked to be "The first family in the park" at Animal Kingdom. We were ushered into the office and given fast passes to several attractions and front row seating to the Lion King show. We greeted Micky and Minnie in front of the Oasis and waved at the crowd outside the turnstyles as our picture was taken with them and the folks were let in. It may sound corny, but it was a real treat for me.

My son and nephew also got to ride with the driver on the monorails three seperate times and recieved a card making them honorary co-pilots.

The food and service at the Rainforest Cafe were a huge disappointment, but our lunch later in the week at The House of Blues made up for it. The boys enjoyed the turkey legs at the parks and carrying bottles for frozen water helped out a lot.

We will defintely go back, but we'll choose a different time of year. It was hot and many of the adults were short of patience and temper. It was kind of sad seeing grownups pushing children aside so they could get a better view of the parades and fire works. Even my mild mannered spouse was surprised at the amount of rudeness we saw in Disney.

Thanks for letting me share.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by deee
We had some very special suprises too. On Tuesday we were asked to be "The first family in the park" at Animal Kingdom. We were ushered into the office and given fast passes to several attractions and front row seating to the Lion King show. We greeted Micky and Minnie in front of the Oasis and waved at the crowd outside the turnstyles as our picture was taken with them and the folks were let in. It may sound corny, but it was a real treat for me.
Deee, not corny at all. We would all KILL for the chance to do something like this!

Welcome to the magic!

Maria

My son and nephew also got to ride with the driver on the monorails three seperate times and recieved a card making them honorary co-pilots.

What a treat for a first trip! :king: That´s great!!
Welcome back and thanks for sharing! :)

MouseMadness

Originally posted by Erika
Welcome to the madness! :wave:

You called??:lookaroun

J/K!!

Glad you had such a great first trip!! And we love letting people share... it helps alleviate the withdrawal symptoms.

*twitches*

:lol:

deee

Original Poster
I used "deee", because "dee" and "dee dee" have usually been taken on other sites I've visited and there are three deee's in my house... so a long time ago I decided to add an extra "e" in my nickname. :)

PS: I'm missing Disney today. I have found myself looking at the clock and thinking what we were doing at that particular time at Disney. I think I'm having a little withdrawal. :lookaroun

Don L Duck

Oh that's what I thought.
As for missing Disney I use to do the same thing just reading these boards it makes me think of things we would do at certain times of the day.
There use to be a thread entitled If "I were at Disney right now I'd be" and you had to finish the sentence depending on the time of day you read it.
I started that one a long time ago maybe it's time to reprise that one to help you slowly withdrawl. :D

djmatthews

It was kind of sad seeing grownups pushing children aside so they could get a better view of the parades and fire works.

What adults do that..... Noooooo....... *runs and hides under a rock*

pepsistar

:D Wow that must have been great, what a treat !! How did they choose you? Were you the first ones their? Or maybe, just standing in the right place? :lol:

I have often wondered how this works/worked ------ being Grand Marshall riding in/on a float/car in one of the parades and all that!

How is the withdrawal doing----- That is/was when I always checked out the web cams, that always helped me when I was homesick!! Bring them back!!!!!
:cry: :lookaroun :animwink:

deee

Original Poster
We watched our vacation videos again today and decided to go ahead and set up our next trip to Disney. We chose a month that had a low attendance forecast this time. It was a toss between Disney again or Aruba. We can do a lot more for a lot less in Disney, and we did have a great time and want to see more...so it's Disney.

We weren't doing anything but waiting in line behind the turnstyles for the park to open. My nephew and husband were looking at the map to find the safari for me. One of the Animal Kingdom folks just came by and said, "good morning" and we said "good morning". Then he asked if it was our first time in the park. We said yes, and he said how would we like to be the first family in the park. We said "YES".

My brother goes to Disney a couple of times a year and is even springing for his sister in laws wedding there this month. He was so envious of us. He said it wasn't fair that first time goons like us got to open a park and ride with the driver of the monorail so many times and just fall in love with Disney like we did. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom