Mandalorian and Grogu meet and greet for Walt Disney World

LiterallyNobody

If it’s going soon it won’t be for anything huge.

There is a lot of space there. When you keep in mind that Voyage of the Little Mermaid's days are numbered also, there is a ton of space there that could be used. Everything in Voyage of the Little Mermaid had many high quality images taken a few months ago for archival purposes. Minor issues are no longer being repaired there, only things that would stop the show completely. I wouldn't expect Voyage to last past this summer, same with Launch Bay.

FigmentFan82

There is a lot of space there. When you keep in mind that Voyage of the Little Mermaid's days are numbered also, there is a ton of space there that could be used. Everything in Voyage of the Little Mermaid had many high quality images taken a few months ago for archival purposes. Minor issues are no longer being repaired there, only things that would stop the show completely. I wouldn't expect Voyage to last past this summer, same with Launch Bay.
Is Voyage eyed for black box?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Will this be a Mando "friend" and a separate Baby Yoda "friend," or will one "friend" handle both the Mando and BY duties?

Steph15251

Last I checked. Then again, Black box is very much an experiment with no full clearance, yet. I'd be somewhat surprised is DHS got the prototype instead of DCA, but, then again, DHS may have a bit more budget room to bring it forward on the schedule sooner than DCA could.
This is going to seem awful since I do not go to Disneyland but I feel DHS needs more new attractions and rides then what DCA needs.There is so much at DHS that needs updating .

Jones14

I hope this is true. Although I wonder if the devotion to theming in Batuu will allow regular meet n greets there.
I think it’s gonna be more about logistics than about theming, to be honest. If the child is represented as a non-mechanized puppet, then Mando can carry him around the area and roam like Rey, Chewbacca, the stormtroopers, etc.

If the child is going to be more involved than that (animatronic, mechanized puppeteering, etc), they’ll have to have it in a controlled environment like Baby Groot and the Launch Bay encounters.

Both have pros: the roaming improves the land’s feeling of being ‘alive’, but an indoor space allows for a more lifelike experience with the baby, and adds a third ‘attraction’ to the land.

Disneyson

I would say they’ll do something similar to Baby Groot, and have Mando function similar to other Star Wars gesture characters. But, if they want the Child in the floating egg stroller, it would be more difficult to capture him on camera and they wouldn’t be able to hide the puppeteer in the same place as it’s hidden with Groot. However, I bet people would expect the floating stroller, and I have no clue how they’d do that.

I also how many butt munches will want to pick up the Child, despite Mando and a Smuggler’s Run dressed character attendant physically standing in the way.

Piebald

I said this awhile back, but a baby yoda meet and greet would be a huge deal for keeping other attraction wait times down
A lot of potential M&G would be huge deals for keeping waits down yet they dont seem to invest a ton into that at times (I'm surprised Kevin from Up was introduced to AK years after the movie release)

A Mando m&g seems like a no brainer. But they better work on the logistics because he would be widely popular. Literally everyone would want a picture. Add the child into the mix and that could be a disastrous wait time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom