Baby Wearing at Disney

Corderb

Original Poster
Does anyone have any experience with baby wearing on rides at Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom, specifically? We are regular Disney doers, but didn't start doing Disney with our kids until our oldest two were 2 and 3. We now have a 6 month old also and will be doing Disney with her (3 kids, ah!) for the first time next month. I will definitely be bringing the stroller, we always do and that has never been a problem for us, but I would also like to "wear" the baby in my Ergo360 for rides. Which rides can the baby also go on while being worn or even in my lap? Obviously, no roller coasters! But how about Small World, Ariel, Pirates, etc.? The slower moving rides. Is this allowed?

Thanks for any help!

TDGMedley

I have done it twice now. and Love it!! It is so easy to baby wear, makes it so easy not to stop with the stroller and having to get baby in and out all the time. My daughter loved it and she would just cuddle up to me and go to sleep. I will say after a week at Disney my back did hurt after, but i do it again. lol. I used a Tula.

RememberWhen

Agreed. I’m pretty sure that if there’s no height limit and Baby would be allowed to sit in your lap, you should be able to wear them.

Have an awesome trip!

Princess_Beatrice

I wore my son in our Ergo during our last trip. He was 11 months, didn’t want to be in the stroller. Wearing was a breeze. His father and I took turns.
We took him on most rides while he was in the carrier. It was so easy, never had a problem with cast members.
We stayed at the grand, monorail security was ok with me keeping the carrier on while being checked.
Beware if your wearing the carrier and backpack at the same time. You will need to remove your backpack for security checks.
Good luck with all three kids!! Have fun!

Kristamouse

I think wearing on the rides is CM dependent. I have been asked to unbuckle on Peter Pan and then not asked.
We take a stroller and baby wear. Baby’s wearing is perfect when staying in one area while The stroller is parked. Last trip we wored our 18m and 3yo. My older kids also help out with wearing the littles in the parks.

Princess_Beatrice

I think wearing on the rides is CM dependent. I have been asked to unbuckle on Peter Pan and then not asked.
We take a stroller and baby wear. Baby’s wearing is perfect when staying in one area while The stroller is parked. Last trip we wored our 18m and 3yo. My older kids also help out with wearing the littles in the parks.
I have a question for you... I primarily wore my then 11 month old in our Ergo during our last trip. He gets antsy in the stroller, wanted to see all the action. We’re going again in September, he will be just over 2. I’m afraid we will have a similar trip. What carrier did you use for your 3 year old? What are your thoughts on the experience?

TDGMedley

I have a question for you... I primarily wore my then 11 month old in our Ergo during our last trip. He gets antsy in the stroller, wanted to see all the action. We’re going again in September, he will be just over 2. I’m afraid we will have a similar trip. What carrier did you use for your 3 year old? What are your thoughts on the experience?

Im going again in Feb 2018 and my daughter is almost 3. Im going to use the Tula again for her. I can wear on front or back. I put her back in it the other day to see how it work. (she is 35lbs).

Kristamouse

Boba Air last January and June, it folds small and into our back pack. The then 3yo didn’t like to be contained in anyway, carrier or stroller. Unless sleeping, then he was way more comfortable in the stroller. The Boba Air was Perfect.
Thinking of a Toddler Tula for baby #6 who is 2.5 because she is a snuggler and loved to be worn.
I am over my Lile any print it is brown and blah and don’t want with with my outfits;)

RememberWhen

We have a toddler lillebaby that worked great for our then 3.5 year old at Disney. He’s not a small kid, and walked most of the time.

jimbojones

We love our carriers at Disney, they are more compact than a stroller and make naps and nursing easy and seemless. the one downside is the heat and humidity. I don't think I would sling my baby in the dead of summer

dreamfinder

I think it will depend on the CM, the ride, and the way the carrier is used. If the ride has a lap bar that cannot be pulled all the way down due to the carrier, then the CM should in theory ask you to take it off/child out. If the child is facing you on some rides (for instance the carousel) the CM may as you to turn them around so their legs go the right way around the pole.
If they are in your lap, I don't think there will be a problem anywhere. Our 3yo still sat on our lap for bunch of the dark rides and as long as the bar came down to whatever magical point where they decide it's safe, there wasn't a problem with that at all.

WDWDreamer4

I wore all 4 of my babies on their first trips. This past trip in December 2017 our 4th was 6 months. I wore on rides. Only ride that you will be asked to remove baby from carrier will be carousel. No other ride were we asked to remove baby, only reminded that baby needed to stay under neither the lap bar for the whole ride.
We actually took our car seat in December because it ended up being very cold and windy. So I had somewhere I could put her out of the elements. We usually go in September and I would only use carrier or stroller, no car seat then (to hot). All but my 4th loved to be in the carrier. #4 is to curious but she did eventually nap in the carrier.
A cooling rag would be good to have if going in the summer as carrying does get rather hot.

NelleBelle

Our 2nd son was 4 weeks old on his 1st trip. Easiest trip ever! He rode anything without a height restriction. We used our Baby Bjorn some of the time (other time it was too hot to wear in Aug). We had more issues with airlines not wanting us to use the carrier than anyone at WDW :banghead:

correcaminos

Our 2nd son was 4 weeks old on his 1st trip. Easiest trip ever! He rode anything without a height restriction. We used our Baby Bjorn some of the time (other time it was too hot to wear in Aug). We had more issues with airlines not wanting us to use the carrier than anyone at WDW :banghead:
Yes airlines won't let you 'wear' any child as far as I know. I don't really mind because car seat is safest, but the idea is that more injury can happen if a crash took place while wearing a baby than holding.

carriebeth

Some rides they will have you turn them outfacing or remove them from a carrier rather than let them face inward to you, or you have to remove them.

NickMaio

I loved having our little one on me in the carrier - - - - -
We rode pirates , small world, frozen, with him on my chest. So friggin cute.
Mermaid - Spaceship earth and Nemo - -he was sitting on our lap. He passed out on a few rides. We asked the CM if we could stay on and ride again...............they always said yes. Which was a great bonus:)

We had a great time.
Enjoy your next trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom