Baby swap policy change?

Mickey_777

Original Poster
We were at IOA last week and to our surprise we were told that the baby swap policy had changed for the worst. Last october we did much like how it works at WDW. I'd get in line while my wife waited with the child outside and then went in when I got out. At both Potter and Spiderman we were told that all three of us, including our toddler, had to wait outside in the queue and under the hot sun together. How does that make any sense? Anyone know of a possible reason as to why they changed their policy. In retrospect I wish I would have fought harder or spoken with a higher up to really find out why we all had to wait in line together. They've also apparently changed some of the height requirements in Suess Landing. We were all able to ride the Cat in the Hat dark ride last October and now my son who's about 3 inches taller, couldn't make it on cause he's too short. This all definitely put a damper on our day.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
There are specific rooms designed and constructed for Child Swap! I wonder if they were being abused for rerides and are just too cheap to fix the situation.

As for Cat in the Hat, that situation is SILLY. The two biggest attractions of the "kiddy" land (out of four) will have a higher height requirement than the Gringotts ride!
Make sure to let guest relations know. Maybe enough complaints will get them to install cars that can turn the spinning on and off, kind if like Antarctica at SeaWorld.

Matpez

The policy hasn't changed a bit. At UO it has always been that everyone waits in the line together, when reaching the attraction someone and the child go to a waiting room and then gets to switch when the 1st rider returns. If you did it a different way you were doing that on your own. This is a far better way to allow families to stay together instead of the possibly hours long spent apart by the WDW method of not allowing the family into the line together.

maxairmike

Cat in the Hat has had some...ahhh...incidents that necessitated the height requirement. Unfortunately that is unlikely to change no matter how many complaints are made.

Mickey_777

Original Poster
The policy hasn't changed a bit. At UO it has always been that everyone waits in the line together, when reaching the attraction someone and the child go to a waiting room and then gets to switch when the 1st rider returns. If you did it a different way you were doing that on your own. This is a far better way to allow families to stay together instead of the possibly hours long spent apart by the WDW method of not allowing the family into the line together.

Whether it's Uni or WDW, we always go up to the CM (prior to getting in line) and tell them we want to do baby swap. They see us with our child. The policy must have changed in the last few months or so. As I mentioned above, in October they instructed to proceed just as we do at WDW. Making the child wait in line with you when they don't have to is cruel depending on the age. My son still uses diapers so you can imagine certain bad scenarios happening. My wife usually feeds him while I go in. Can't do that too well in the queue. I just don't see why they've adopted this policy other than abuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom