News 'Awesome Planet' coming to The Land pavilion

Horizons1

I’m honestly surprised we are getting this. It does not match with the IP driven EPCOT that is being pushed. I can’t help but wonder if this was approved and was too far in development that they couldn’t stop it when they decided to IP everything else.

Animaniac93-98

I’m honestly surprised we are getting this. It does not match with the IP driven EPCOT that is being pushed. I can’t help but wonder if this was approved and was too far in development that they couldn’t stop it when they decided to IP everything else.

It's a minor miracle that between The Land's three attractions, the only IP is a Tinker Bell cameo at the end of Soarin'.

Spash007

I was thinking about this today. I wonder if there are certain approval levels for different amounts of spend, and the person for Epcot that is lower on the totem pole is a fan of the non-IP attractions. Not just this, but the updated film portions of LwtL as well

Steph15251

I am not surprised at all since I think NG has an involvement in this .

THEMEPARKPIONEER

This is what I love about the land, it’s a true step back into Epcot Center. Its truly become my favorite spot and only have discovered what it has to offer over the past couple of years. The propaganda part I feel wasn’t necessary for a place that is considered a vacation place for many but it is what it is. Of course where missing Food Rocks but The Land has never seemed to lost its way.

Last edited:

Casper Gutman

This is what I love about the land, it’s a true step back into Epcot Center. Its truly become my favorite spot and only have discovered what it has to offer over the past couple of years. Of course where missing Food Rocks but The Land has never seemed to lost its way.
Bunch of personal opinions to follow:

I can’t see myself ever missing Food Rocks. That show was the first glaring, unavoidable neon sign that EPCOT was hurtling towards the abyss. It was the first time I ever experienced a Disney attraction and wondered what the creators had been thinking.

Now Kitchen Kabaret - that’s a show worth missing!

I understand and appreciate folks pointing to Land as a last bastion of classic EPCOT. The downside is that (glances around nervously) I always found the Land one of the least interesting parts of classic EPCOT, with the exception of the long-gone Kitchen Kabaret. If you had told me I could only keep one Pavilion from classic EPCOT, The Land would have been my second-to-last choice (my last choice would have been Seas, which is also, ironically, largely intact).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom