News 'Awesome Planet' coming to The Land pavilion

Animaniac93-98

I wouldn’t be opposed in the slightest to the National Geographic name being used in conjunction with this, or anything in The Land. That’s where branding works absolutely naturally. In fact it could inspire people to watch National Geographic shows at home, which would inspire them to buy Disney+. A win for both sides.

National Geographic is doing a show called "Magic of Animal Kingdom" (or something like that) that will be filmed at AK and Epcot's Living Seas.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
How could Disney not update the theater waiting room? It’s so lazy.

Cause that would have required money. Money, point of fact that they actually wasted putting up a temporary sign for all of 3 weeks. Granted to redu the waiting area it would have required a bit more than (guesstimate) ~$200 for a sign; but it's not like that amount couldn't have gone toward paint and primer among other things... the wall though is sacred it seems.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

We had people 'threatening' Disney not to touch it when the theater was being refurbished.

Prototype82

I have a friend who would've been utterly crushed over losing that carpet mural, as extra as that might be. (Like I'm not totally extra about Rivers...) Things need to look fresh and contemporary in this FW overhaul, but I think keeping some old iconic textures that have aged surprisingly well or even timelessly can only be a good thing.

The Empress Lilly

That wall is kind of epic. I remember when Circle of Life ended people were hoping that whatever replaced it would leave the wall alone.
The Harvest wall carpet is one of the last vestiges of artistic EPCOT! 😍

The Land alone had a fountain, carpets, electric umbrellas, murals on every bit of wall, painted ceilings. It was a work of art. The carpet, entrance mosaic and the restaurant wall are the last remaining bits.

Last edited:

Admiral01

Premium Member
I have absolutely nothing to add to this discussion except pictures from today that show exactly what was shown earlier this week. That, and I saw a bunch of cast member walking in today but no one invited me to come with.

A877985C-9FF8-4702-AC74-E2145E81D04F.jpeg
72273F04-998E-4094-9607-07213DA8D39B.jpeg
A820FDAE-8A88-4F6A-B641-E25CC749FCC3.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom